Multi-Action Deck (returning player seeks help with a deck)

Christian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm a returning player who is hoping for some deck help. It's been a
couple of years since I played competitively so I guess I'm fuzzy on
the ratio of different cards - how many of one card, do I have too much
of another, etc.

Anyway, this is a deck that maximizes the amount of actions the mid- to
large-cap vampires can do... Forced March, Freak Drive, Flurry of
Action, and Majesty are all meant to keep untapping a vampire for
another type of action. It uses a good amount of permanent intercept to
be able to use WwEFs between actions. I guss I'm looking for a very
active deck...

Feedback appreciated. I'm looking forward to eventually getting up to
speed on the new cards and getting back into the tourney circuit. :)

Christian Alipounarian

*****

Crypt (12 Cards; Avg 7.83)

2 x Jimmy Dunn (Pan; cap 4; CEL POT fort)
2 x Richter, the Templar of DuMont (!Bru; cap 7; CEL POT fort pre)
2 x Miguel Santo Domingo (!Bru; cap 7; POT PRE cel fort)
2 x Crusher (Bru; cap 9; PRE POT CEL fort)
1 x Tyler (Bru; cap 9; CEL POT PRE dom fort obt)
1 x Maxwell (Bru; cap 9; CEL FORT POT PRE PRO)
2 x Gwendolyn (Bru; cap 11; FORT PRE POT CEL aus thau)

I've only got one each of Tyler and Maxwell, hence the oddball numbers
of above.

Library (90 cards)

Masters:

3 x Blood Doll
1 x Club Zombie
1 x Dreams of the Sphinx
1 x Elder Library
2 x Fortitude
1 x KCRG News Radio
1 x Sudden Reversal
1 x The Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
1 x Tomb of Ramses III
1 x Warzone Hunting Ground
1 x WMH Talk Radio

Actions:

2 x Bum's Rush
5 x Flurry of Action

Action Modifiers:

4 x Forced March
4 x Freak Drive
6 x Iron Glare
4 x Voter Captivation

Allies:
1 x Procurer

Combat:

4 x Blur
4 x Flash
4 x Immortal Grapple
3 x Torn Signpost

Equipment:

2 x .44 Magnum
2 x Cooler
1 x Ivory Bow
2 x Leather Jacket
2 x Laptop Computer
1 x Palatial Estate
2 x Sports Bike
1 x Sword of Judgement
1 x Sword of Troile

Political Actions:

1 x Ancient Influence
5 x Kine Resources Contested
1 x Political Stanglehold
1 x Praxis Seizure: Cairo
1 x Praxis Seizure: Rome
1 x Praxis Seizure: Venice

Reactions:

3 x Dread Gaze
5 x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainers:

1 x J. S. Simmons
1 x Mr. Winthrop
1 x Tasha Morgan

Christian wrote:
> I'm a returning player who is hoping for some deck help. It's been a
> couple of years since I played competitively so I guess I'm fuzzy on
> the ratio of different cards - how many of one card, do I have too much
> of another, etc.
>
> Anyway, this is a deck that maximizes the amount of actions the mid- to
> large-cap vampires can do... Forced March, Freak Drive, Flurry of
> Action, and Majesty are all meant to keep untapping a vampire for
> another type of action. It uses a good amount of permanent intercept to
> be able to use WwEFs between actions. I guss I'm looking for a very
> active deck...
>
> Feedback appreciated. I'm looking forward to eventually getting up to
> speed on the new cards and getting back into the tourney circuit. :)
>
> Christian Alipounarian
>
> *****
>
> Crypt (12 Cards; Avg 7.83)
>
> 2 x Jimmy Dunn (Pan; cap 4; CEL POT fort)
> 2 x Richter, the Templar of DuMont (!Bru; cap 7; CEL POT fort pre)
> 2 x Miguel Santo Domingo (!Bru; cap 7; POT PRE cel fort)
> 2 x Crusher (Bru; cap 9; PRE POT CEL fort)
> 1 x Tyler (Bru; cap 9; CEL POT PRE dom fort obt)
> 1 x Maxwell (Bru; cap 9; CEL FORT POT PRE PRO)
> 2 x Gwendolyn (Bru; cap 11; FORT PRE POT CEL aus thau)
>
> I've only got one each of Tyler and Maxwell, hence the oddball numbers
> of above.

Crusher is a type 1 vampire... You can't have him in the deck. I
would use Hrothulf, which in my option is kick-ass vampire. Pug is
good too. Jaroslav Pascek is a justicer with +1 intercept... Sadly I
own like 1 of him... Or I would make a deck based on him... =/

> Library (90 cards)
>
> Masters:
>
> 3 x Blood Doll
> 1 x Club Zombie
> 1 x Dreams of the Sphinx
> 1 x Elder Library
> 2 x Fortitude
> 1 x KCRG News Radio
> 1 x Sudden Reversal
> 1 x The Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper
> 1 x Tomb of Ramses III
> 1 x Warzone Hunting Ground
> 1 x WMH Talk Radio

Too many masters. You'll get jammed fast I would think. I would go
with a information highway instead of a tomb of ramses... Most of your
vampires are big, so you can bring 1 up fast, or be able to influence
more vampires faster. Axe the Club Zombie, and WMH Talk Radio.

> Actions:
>
> 2 x Bum's Rush
> 5 x Flurry of Action

> Action Modifiers:
>
> 4 x Forced March
> 4 x Freak Drive
> 6 x Iron Glare
> 4 x Voter Captivation

minus an Iron Glare for an Awe or bewitching, for the times you really
need the vote to get through.

> Allies:
> 1 x Procurer
>
> Combat:
>
> 4 x Blur
> 4 x Flash
> 4 x Immortal Grapple
> 3 x Torn Signpost
>
> Equipment:
>
> 2 x .44 Magnum
> 2 x Cooler
> 1 x Ivory Bow
> 2 x Leather Jacket
> 2 x Laptop Computer
> 1 x Palatial Estate
> 2 x Sports Bike
> 1 x Sword of Judgement
> 1 x Sword of Troile

Rather have 2 taste then coolers with this deck. And you bleedy enough
without the Laptops. 1 you don't have much stealth... They might not
block a flurry action bleed for 1 if they are afraid of your combat,
but bleed of 2, might be something different. I would go with another
gun then the sword of Judgement.

> Political Actions:
>
> 1 x Ancient Influence
> 5 x Kine Resources Contested
> 1 x Political Stanglehold
> 1 x Praxis Seizure: Cairo
> 1 x Praxis Seizure: Rome
> 1 x Praxis Seizure: Venice

Ummm, isn't your crypt like mostly sabbat? Tyler is titled already and
can burn a blood for 1 more vote, and Maxwell's special is to call
himself a prince? And Gwendolyn is an IC, why lose 2 votes? So why is
there prince votes? Make these crusades. I think Houston, and
Washington DC are good chooses. Houston would contest with Spiridonas,
whom is very evil, and won't want him to be super bleedy and have 2
votes, and Washington DC for Marcus, which would make every sabbat
super bleedy.

> Reactions:
>
> 3 x Dread Gaze
> 5 x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Do you see alot of votes? I don't think dread gaze is that neccesary,
since you should have some votes out anyhow. Maybe add Cel intercept
cards?

> Retainers:
>
> 1 x J. S. Simmons
> 1 x Mr. Winthrop
> 1 x Tasha Morgan

Ghoul retainers... Cause it's funny... Even if blocked, you can untap
and take more actions... I think it works well with forced march
decks.

I think you mean Ghoul Escort. :)

Type(s): Retainer

Rarity: Rare

Card Text:
Ghoul with 4 life.

When blocked, the vampire with this retainer may burn the Ghoul Escort
and untap instead of entering combat. This does not untap the blocker.

OW

> I'm a returning player who is hoping for some deck help.

Christian!

Welcome back, man! It's been a long time since
the Bucks County - Fort Lee weekend. How have
you been?

--that was a true East Coast event, before all this
modern nonsense about "qualifying" and "regions." : )

heslin

Christian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'm good! I hadn't played VTES since about 2001, and then I ran into
Ben Peal at Origins. I think he played Bewitching Oration on me cuz
next thing I knew, I was sitting looking at five booster boxes of new
cards from all the sets I missed in the interim... :p

Once I get up to speed on the new material I want to start hosting
tournaments again. The game hasn't changed much in terms of HOW you
win... but the ways you can do it has grown a great deal.

Christian Alipounarian