HP dv6000 boot/hard drive/OS issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamipalms

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Hi all,
As the title says, I'm having some trouble.
I'll start with the end result first - blank screen with a blinking cursor.
Specs -HP Pavilion dv6000 model dv6700- windows vista, 1024 MB memory, Phoenix BIOS F.52.
After spending 2 full days trying to figure this one out I give up.
I started with a full hard re set - pulled battery, memory,hard drive, power cord - re installed 1 memory board,power cord and powered up. Got a " no operating system " message. Fit the second memory board, battery and hard drive. Powered up and got the blank screen with blinking cursor.
Next try was a BIOS reset - pulled the memory and CMOS battery for an hour. Obvious BIOS reset as I had to reset the system time and date in the BIOS main menu screen. After exiting the BIOS utility I got the blank screen with a blinking cursor.
3rd attempt was a hard drive check. I pulled the hard drive and installed it into an external enclosure and plugged it into my desk top PC via USB. I had complete access to all data on the drive.
I re configured the BIOS on my PC to boot from the external enclosure and got absolutely nothing - not sure if this could be due to my PC being a Dell PC running Dell BIOS.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
Jay

Windows files might have gotten corrupt which would cause no boot issue but still be able to see the files in an external enclosure. If you have a windows cd you could try a repair windows. There may even be a recovery partition on the hdd to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS