Haymaker + Lucky Blow/Undead Strength/etc.

pat

Expert

Card text:

Haymaker
Combat (Common)
Play after range is determined. Only usable at close range. Not usable if
this minion played a Haymaker last round.
This minion's initial strike this round will be a hand strike for strength
+1 damage, and the opposing minion's initial strike this round gets first
strike. If either minion inflicts more damage than the other this round,
that minion gets an optional press this round.

Question: Can the hand strike be a Lucky Blow, Undead Strength, Pounce,
etc.?

I think the answer is yes, since the Haymaker is not itself a strike card,
but I couldn't find confirmation.

Thx,
Pat

Pat <patrick.lusk.nospam@comcast.nyetspam.net> wrote:
> Haymaker
> This minion's initial strike this round will be a hand strike for strength
> +1 damage,

> Question: Can the hand strike be a Lucky Blow, Undead Strength, Pounce,
> etc.?

No.
It says that the strike *will be* a hand strike at strength+1 damage. That's
what the strike is.
If it were to allow Lucky Blow, it would have to say something like
"This minion must make a hand strike, and it is at +1 damage".

So, Torn Signpost: Yes. Lucky Blow: No.

IANLSJ, but I remember getting official word from him on this
somewhere... (obviously not the newsgroup, since "haymaker author:lsj"
isn't bringing anything up)

Jozxyqk
can't sleep

Jozxyqk wrote:
> Pat <patrick.lusk.nospam@comcast.nyetspam.net> wrote:
>>Haymaker
>>This minion's initial strike this round will be a hand strike for strength
>>+1 damage,
>>Question: Can the hand strike be a Lucky Blow, Undead Strength, Pounce,
>>etc.?
>
> No.
> It says that the strike *will be* a hand strike at strength+1 damage. That's
> what the strike is.
> If it were to allow Lucky Blow, it would have to say something like
> "This minion must make a hand strike, and it is at +1 damage".
>
> So, Torn Signpost: Yes. Lucky Blow: No.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/