Need help with a deck idea - Protean Malks.

Last response: in Video Games
September 5, 2005 1:00:27 AM

I'm in the process of putting together a Protean Malk deck uses Group
1-2 vampires (that's what I mainly possess).

My latest experiments look like a big pile of smelly turd and I'm
wondering if anyone has any experience using this type of deck, or if
they have a deck list I could view.

Pretty please, with a cup of blood :-)
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 6:06:31 AM

hey,

The deck i made used graverobbing. It used madness networks, pro claws,
leather jackets, rotschrecks and graverobbings.

Block an action, send them to torpor and then steal them off turn w/
grave robbing.

I backed up Zebulon and Gregor A with ohanna, normal, gilbert and didi.
It worked OK but then i took it apart so i could play malks with
fortitude!
Cheers,
Paul
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 1:10:37 PM

d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:

> My latest experiments look like a big pile of smelly turd and I'm
> wondering if anyone has any experience using this type of deck, or if
> they have a deck list I could view.

You should be able to make a good deck out of that--between:

Gregor Anderson
Zebulon
Illiana
Caitlin

You have enough Pro/Dom/Obf overlap to build the core of a deck. Pro gives
you combat defense, Form of Mist, and some stealth. Dominate is, well,
Dominate. Obfuscate fills in some holes with extra cheap stealth. A few
skill cards to match up vampires here and there, and you should be good to
go.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
September 5, 2005 1:59:06 PM

On 4 Sep 2005 21:00:27 -0700, d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:

>I'm in the process of putting together a Protean Malk deck uses Group
>1-2 vampires (that's what I mainly possess).

You might search for Out-Of-Turn Rush, for the classic examples.
You could also search for Rachel Brandywine or Greger Anderssen.

She's a Cross-Eyed Beast
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

Table Dance Camarilla Edition
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

Rushschreck
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

deranged turbo cycle (v3.0)

Turbo Etrius
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

Mad tracking skillz
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

Auspex Protean
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

Rachel Brandyclaws
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

Die Kuchenfrau goes mad
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/me...

Rave (Mad as Hell Tabledance ReMix)

Malkavian Out of Turn Rush Deck version 3.0 (4/16/99)
http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-v3.htm

Malkavian OOT Prince-protean combat deck 5th Edition
http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-5e.htm

Malkavian Out of Turn Combat Deck - 4th Edition
http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-4e.htm

Malkavian Out of Turn Combat Deck
http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-oot.htm
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 11:06:32 PM

d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:
> I'm in the process of putting together a Protean Malk deck uses Group
> 1-2 vampires (that's what I mainly possess).
>
> My latest experiments look like a big pile of smelly turd and I'm
> wondering if anyone has any experience using this type of deck, or if
> they have a deck list I could view.
>
> Pretty please, with a cup of blood :-)

I like the combination of...

Madness Network
Homunculus
Perfectionist

Basically pays for itself as people won't possibly have enough reactions
to waste everytime & you can act a hell of a lot :p

Cheers

James
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:52:48 PM

> If you want some lists for any or all of these angles, say so and i'll
> post 'em up.
>

> Matt

Post away, some really good ideas supplied by all so far. The biggest
hassle I can see occuring is that I have to use G1 - G2 vampires
because that's all I've pretty much got. I have about a month to turn
this deck idea into a potential tournament winner :)

So, please post away.
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 5:12:11 PM

d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:

> So, please post away.

Fun Leach v2.1

Crypt:
4 Omaya
4 Maris Streck
4 Rachel Brandywine

Library:
Master (28):
4 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
3 Talons of the Dead
2 Guardian Angel
4 Rotschreck
5 Blood Doll
2 Direct Intervention
2 Powerbase: Baranquilla
2 The Rack
1 The Erciyes Fragments
2 Protean
1 Giant's Blood

Minion (62):
8 Eagle's Sight
5 Telepathic Tracking
8 My Enemy's Enemy
4 Aura Reading

12 Read the Winds
4 Cats Guidance

7 Bone Spur
6 Flesh of Marble

6 Second Tradion: Domain

OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooh my word this is a boring deck to play. Tedium
in card sleeves. Hard to oust but loses badly, so very badly, to
Tzimisce decks. Got to the Finals of the UK nationals with it last year
and got a wild 0.5 vp last month in a local tournament because I made a
mistake in one round (Tzimsce prey- one army of rats as a kill card)
and then sat next to a Horrid Form deck in the next round (that won the
round and made the final, so it's not as if i would have won anyway).
Effective, broadly, in a dull way.

This is way more fun:

Unsafe Conviction

Crypt:
3 Rachel Brandywine
4 Imogen
3 Greger Andersson
1 Parmenides
1 Victoria

Library:
Master (17):
4 Madness Network
1 Giant's Blood
5 Blood Doll
2 Perfectionist
2 Out of the Frying Pan
2 Elysium: The Arboretum
1 Forest of Shadows

Minion (73):
8 Judgement: Camarilla Segregation
8 Derange
4 Sybil's Tongue
3 Second Tradition
5 Wake with Evening's Freshness
1 Sargon Fragment
1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
1 Muddled Vampire Hunter
1 Ivory Bow
1 Aranthebes
1 Restructure

3 Parity Shift
1 Political Stranglehold
1 Reigns of Power
1 Praxis Seizure: Seattle

3 Homunculus
7 Earth Meld

8 Telepathic Misdirection

7 Forgotten Labyrinth
5 Lost in Crowds
3 Elder Impersonation

A bit weird, but good fun to play. Imogen being a 9 cap actually helps
a bit when Deranging. Out of the Frying Pan on her makes her a Cam
!Malk who creates sabbat !Malks when she deranges. Oh, the hilarity. If
you oust your last prey with Parmenides, under V:EKN rules, you can
officially dance on the table.

I'll post another couple up when I get the chance.

Matt.
!