Need help with a deck idea - Protean Malks.

I'm in the process of putting together a Protean Malk deck uses Group
1-2 vampires (that's what I mainly possess).

My latest experiments look like a big pile of smelly turd and I'm
wondering if anyone has any experience using this type of deck, or if
they have a deck list I could view.

Pretty please, with a cup of blood :-)
6 answers Last reply
More about need deck idea protean malks

    hey,

    The deck i made used graverobbing. It used madness networks, pro claws,
    leather jackets, rotschrecks and graverobbings.

    Block an action, send them to torpor and then steal them off turn w/
    grave robbing.

    I backed up Zebulon and Gregor A with ohanna, normal, gilbert and didi.
    It worked OK but then i took it apart so i could play malks with
    fortitude!
    Cheers,
    Paul

    d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:

    > My latest experiments look like a big pile of smelly turd and I'm
    > wondering if anyone has any experience using this type of deck, or if
    > they have a deck list I could view.

    You should be able to make a good deck out of that--between:

    Gregor Anderson
    Zebulon
    Illiana
    Caitlin

    You have enough Pro/Dom/Obf overlap to build the core of a deck. Pro gives
    you combat defense, Form of Mist, and some stealth. Dominate is, well,
    Dominate. Obfuscate fills in some holes with extra cheap stealth. A few
    skill cards to match up vampires here and there, and you should be good to
    go.

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
    easily spilled liquids to naked people."
    -Brittni Meil

    On 4 Sep 2005 21:00:27 -0700, d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:

    >I'm in the process of putting together a Protean Malk deck uses Group
    >1-2 vampires (that's what I mainly possess).

    You might search for Out-Of-Turn Rush, for the classic examples.
    You could also search for Rachel Brandywine or Greger Anderssen.

    She's a Cross-Eyed Beast
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/1345

    Table Dance Camarilla Edition
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/1293

    Rushschreck
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/1042

    deranged turbo cycle (v3.0)

    Turbo Etrius
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/736

    Mad tracking skillz
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/705

    Auspex Protean
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/2048

    Rachel Brandyclaws
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/1931

    Die Kuchenfrau goes mad
    http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/rgtcjdeckarchive/message/1767

    Rave (Mad as Hell Tabledance ReMix)

    Malkavian Out of Turn Rush Deck version 3.0 (4/16/99)
    http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-v3.htm

    Malkavian OOT Prince-protean combat deck 5th Edition
    http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-5e.htm

    Malkavian Out of Turn Combat Deck - 4th Edition
    http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-4e.htm

    Malkavian Out of Turn Combat Deck
    http://legbiter.tripod.com/decks/malk-oot.htm

    d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:
    > I'm in the process of putting together a Protean Malk deck uses Group
    > 1-2 vampires (that's what I mainly possess).
    >
    > My latest experiments look like a big pile of smelly turd and I'm
    > wondering if anyone has any experience using this type of deck, or if
    > they have a deck list I could view.
    >
    > Pretty please, with a cup of blood :-)

    I like the combination of...

    Madness Network
    Homunculus
    Perfectionist

    Basically pays for itself as people won't possibly have enough reactions
    to waste everytime & you can act a hell of a lot :P

    Cheers

    James

    > If you want some lists for any or all of these angles, say so and i'll
    > post 'em up.
    >

    > Matt

    Post away, some really good ideas supplied by all so far. The biggest
    hassle I can see occuring is that I have to use G1 - G2 vampires
    because that's all I've pretty much got. I have about a month to turn
    this deck idea into a potential tournament winner :)

    So, please post away.

    d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:

    > So, please post away.

    Fun Leach v2.1

    Crypt:
    4 Omaya
    4 Maris Streck
    4 Rachel Brandywine

    Library:
    Master (28):
    4 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
    3 Talons of the Dead
    2 Guardian Angel
    4 Rotschreck
    5 Blood Doll
    2 Direct Intervention
    2 Powerbase: Baranquilla
    2 The Rack
    1 The Erciyes Fragments
    2 Protean
    1 Giant's Blood

    Minion (62):
    8 Eagle's Sight
    5 Telepathic Tracking
    8 My Enemy's Enemy
    4 Aura Reading

    12 Read the Winds
    4 Cats Guidance

    7 Bone Spur
    6 Flesh of Marble

    6 Second Tradion: Domain

    OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooh my word this is a boring deck to play. Tedium
    in card sleeves. Hard to oust but loses badly, so very badly, to
    Tzimisce decks. Got to the Finals of the UK nationals with it last year
    and got a wild 0.5 vp last month in a local tournament because I made a
    mistake in one round (Tzimsce prey- one army of rats as a kill card)
    and then sat next to a Horrid Form deck in the next round (that won the
    round and made the final, so it's not as if i would have won anyway).
    Effective, broadly, in a dull way.

    This is way more fun:

    Unsafe Conviction

    Crypt:
    3 Rachel Brandywine
    4 Imogen
    3 Greger Andersson
    1 Parmenides
    1 Victoria

    Library:
    Master (17):
    4 Madness Network
    1 Giant's Blood
    5 Blood Doll
    2 Perfectionist
    2 Out of the Frying Pan
    2 Elysium: The Arboretum
    1 Forest of Shadows

    Minion (73):
    8 Judgement: Camarilla Segregation
    8 Derange
    4 Sybil's Tongue
    3 Second Tradition
    5 Wake with Evening's Freshness
    1 Sargon Fragment
    1 Aaron's Feeding Razor
    1 Muddled Vampire Hunter
    1 Ivory Bow
    1 Aranthebes
    1 Restructure

    3 Parity Shift
    1 Political Stranglehold
    1 Reigns of Power
    1 Praxis Seizure: Seattle

    3 Homunculus
    7 Earth Meld

    8 Telepathic Misdirection

    7 Forgotten Labyrinth
    5 Lost in Crowds
    3 Elder Impersonation

    A bit weird, but good fun to play. Imogen being a 9 cap actually helps
    a bit when Deranging. Out of the Frying Pan on her makes her a Cam
    !Malk who creates sabbat !Malks when she deranges. Oh, the hilarity. If
    you oust your last prey with Parmenides, under V:EKN rules, you can
    officially dance on the table.

    I'll post another couple up when I get the chance.

    Matt.

Games Video Games