Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

[DECK] Dive Into the Mind of a Killer

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 6:28:14 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

I had a conversation with Ben Peal at Gen Con this year about uses of Mind
of a Killer. Actually, the conversation went like this:

Me: I'll trade you for that Mind of a Killer.
Ben: What do you want that card for?
Me: Well, if you can lock down the minion or stop him from getting into
combat, it's 2 damage. That's not bad. Just don't Mind of a Killer a
deck that might rush you!
Ben: Hey, that's a really cool idea. I'll trade you for all of yours.


Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
Author : Matt Morgan
Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind
of a Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this
deck work? Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a good
idea. Other suggestions?

Crypt [13 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 6 average: 4.47
------------------------------------------------------------

1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Tony 6 AUS DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf !Malkavian:3
1x Evan Klein 5 aus dem OBF Malkavian:3
1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
1x Persia, The Beauti 5 aus DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Uncle George 5 aus DEM obf !Malkavian:3
1x Adelaide Davis 4 aus dem obf Malkavian:3
1x Claven 4 aus dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Idalia, Prophet of 4 AUS dem !Malkavian:2
1x Jeremy Talbot 4 dem obf Malkavian:3
1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2


Library [90 cards]
------------------------------------------------------------

Action [31]
4x Derange
7x Dive into Madness
6x Haunting, The
6x Kindred Spirits
4x Mind of a Killer
4x Sleep of Reason

Action Modifier [22]
4x Cloak the Gathering
2x Confusion
4x Eyes of Chaos
4x Faceless Night
4x Lost in Crowds
4x Spying Mission

Action Modifier/Combat [6]
2x Deny
4x Swallowed by the Night

Ally [3]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Escaped Mental Patient
1x Muddled Vampire Hunter

Master [15]
1x Asylum Hunting Ground
1x Barrens, The
5x Blood Doll
2x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
1x Hungry Coyote, The
1x Institution Hunting Ground
3x Sudden Reversal

Reaction [13]
7x Telepathic Misdirection
6x Wake with Evening's Freshness


Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Sep 06 15:16:45 2005]


--

More about : deck dive mind killer

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 6:28:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
> Author : Matt Morgan
> Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind
> of a Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this
> deck work? Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a good
> idea. Other suggestions?

No Restricted Vitae? Or it would hamper too much your own poolgain?

I was thinking about a similar concept for using with Sleep of Reason
and Fame, but ended up too unstable. Isn't Lunatic Eruption worth a
try? At least everytime a I see one played, the target happens to take
some damage.

hm, that's all :) 

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo


> Crypt [13 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 6 average: 4.47
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
> 1x Tony 6 AUS DEM obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf !Malkavian:3
> 1x Evan Klein 5 aus dem OBF Malkavian:3
> 1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
> 1x Persia, The Beauti 5 aus DEM obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Uncle George 5 aus DEM obf !Malkavian:3
> 1x Adelaide Davis 4 aus dem obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Claven 4 aus dem obf !Malkavian:2
> 1x Idalia, Prophet of 4 AUS dem !Malkavian:2
> 1x Jeremy Talbot 4 dem obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2
> 1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2
>
>
> Library [90 cards]
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Action [31]
> 4x Derange
> 7x Dive into Madness
> 6x Haunting, The
> 6x Kindred Spirits
> 4x Mind of a Killer
> 4x Sleep of Reason
>
> Action Modifier [22]
> 4x Cloak the Gathering
> 2x Confusion
> 4x Eyes of Chaos
> 4x Faceless Night
> 4x Lost in Crowds
> 4x Spying Mission
>
> Action Modifier/Combat [6]
> 2x Deny
> 4x Swallowed by the Night
>
> Ally [3]
> 1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
> 1x Escaped Mental Patient
> 1x Muddled Vampire Hunter
>
> Master [15]
> 1x Asylum Hunting Ground
> 1x Barrens, The
> 5x Blood Doll
> 2x Fame
> 1x Giant's Blood
> 1x Hungry Coyote, The
> 1x Institution Hunting Ground
> 3x Sudden Reversal
>
> Reaction [13]
> 7x Telepathic Misdirection
> 6x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
>
> Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Sep 06 15:16:45 2005]
>
>
> --
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 6:28:15 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
> Author : Matt Morgan
> Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind
> of a Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this
> deck work? Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a good
> idea. Other suggestions?

No Restricted Vitae? Or it would hamper too much your own poolgain?

I was thinking about a similar concept for using with Sleep of Reason
and Fame, but ended up too unstable. Isn't Lunatic Eruption worth a
try? At least everytime a I see one played, the target happens to take
some damage.

hm, that's all :) 

best,

Fabio "Sooner" Macedo


> Crypt [13 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 6 average: 4.47
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> 1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
> 1x Tony 6 AUS DEM obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf !Malkavian:3
> 1x Evan Klein 5 aus dem OBF Malkavian:3
> 1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
> 1x Persia, The Beauti 5 aus DEM obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Uncle George 5 aus DEM obf !Malkavian:3
> 1x Adelaide Davis 4 aus dem obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Claven 4 aus dem obf !Malkavian:2
> 1x Idalia, Prophet of 4 AUS dem !Malkavian:2
> 1x Jeremy Talbot 4 dem obf Malkavian:3
> 1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2
> 1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2
>
>
> Library [90 cards]
> ------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Action [31]
> 4x Derange
> 7x Dive into Madness
> 6x Haunting, The
> 6x Kindred Spirits
> 4x Mind of a Killer
> 4x Sleep of Reason
>
> Action Modifier [22]
> 4x Cloak the Gathering
> 2x Confusion
> 4x Eyes of Chaos
> 4x Faceless Night
> 4x Lost in Crowds
> 4x Spying Mission
>
> Action Modifier/Combat [6]
> 2x Deny
> 4x Swallowed by the Night
>
> Ally [3]
> 1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
> 1x Escaped Mental Patient
> 1x Muddled Vampire Hunter
>
> Master [15]
> 1x Asylum Hunting Ground
> 1x Barrens, The
> 5x Blood Doll
> 2x Fame
> 1x Giant's Blood
> 1x Hungry Coyote, The
> 1x Institution Hunting Ground
> 3x Sudden Reversal
>
> Reaction [13]
> 7x Telepathic Misdirection
> 6x Wake with Evening's Freshness
>
>
> Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Sep 06 15:16:45 2005]
>
>
> --
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 7:40:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

> Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
> Author : Matt Morgan
> Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind of a
> Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this deck work?
> Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a good idea. Other
> suggestions?
>

Don't forget to MoaK (dem) your Muddled Vampire Hunter for an extra
damage.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 9:21:36 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Like this deck. I've been trying to think of a way to use Haunting for
a while, this could be it.
some thoughts:
Society of Leopold could be fun indeed.
Masquerade Endangered is another option; stop them hunting and keep em
tapped.
Restricted Vitae could be good, but if you're going to go that way,
you might as well go a bit further and slot a significant "wormwood
engine" module in, i.e. lots of events, a couple of fortschritt
libraries to fetch wormwood early, etc. Then it would admittedly become
more of a Gehenna engine deck with a whacky "tap and hurt" DEM
module, than the other way around.
One thing to consider though is ousting power; if the majority (or all)
of your prey's minions are tapped and/or torporised, they won't be
able to do much about your bleeds, so setting up some permanent bleed
mods could really fast-track you to some tasty VPs. This is especially
so seeing as you have a lot of small minions and can thus more easily
afford to take multiple actions (although it's not like the little
guys won't be busy, with all the haunting and deranging and diving
they have to do, heh). Apart from the obvious bleed retainers, Pulse of
the Canaille also comes to mind.
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:47:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> I had a conversation with Ben Peal at Gen Con this year about uses of Mind
> of a Killer. Actually, the conversation went like this:
>
> Me: I'll trade you for that Mind of a Killer.
> Ben: What do you want that card for?
> Me: Well, if you can lock down the minion or stop him from getting into
> combat, it's 2 damage. That's not bad. Just don't Mind of a Killer a
> deck that might rush you!
> Ben: Hey, that's a really cool idea. I'll trade you for all of yours.

'cause, y'see, what I was thinking was doing a Dementation version
of the classic Cryptic Mission deck, only with Mind of a Killer.
All I need now are 20-30 more copies of Mind of a Killer...


- Ben Peal
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:58:02 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Consider the Madness Network as well!

Ira
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 12:41:46 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
> Author : Matt Morgan
> Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind
> of a Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this
> deck work? Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a
> good idea. Other suggestions?

I would include some Lunatic Eruptions, because the target of MoaK gets
+1 strength and takes some damage too by rushing your next prey. This
will also take pressure of your grand-pred which will take pressure of
you. Beautiful. Even better if you play Vampiric Disease on the Lunatic
Erruption vampires :) 

--
johannes walch
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 1:07:45 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Hi!
I used this deck for little time now. Quite similar to yours.
Won last three games.
Don't laugh :) 
and it was against somewhat stiff competition.

Be sure to survive in the beginning. Act innocent and harmless. Do some
"harmless" actions. You can/must often negotiate out of trouble: "If u
don't rush me I do this for you"
After a while whole table, but you, have troubles.


Crypt [13 vampires]
------------------------------­------------------------------

1x Kite 7 AUS DEM obf bishop !Malkavian:2
1x Korah 7 AUS DEM OBF Priscus !Malkavian:2
1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Artemis 6 aus DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Tony 6 AUS DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf !Malkavian:3
1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
1x Persia, The Beauti 5 aus DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Uncle George 5 aus DEM obf !Malkavian:3
1x Claven 4 aus dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2


Library [90 cards]
------------------------------­------------------------------


Action [29]
3x Derange
10x Haunting, The
3x Kindred Spirits
3x Lunatic Eruption
3x Sleep of Reason
2x Zillahs Tears
3x Sanguine Instruction
2x Madmans Quill

Action Modifier [20]
4x Confusion
5x Faceless Night
6x Lost in Crowds
2x Spying Mission
3x Forgotten Labyrinth

Action Modifier/Combat [4]
4x Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier/Reaction [1]
1x Random Patterns

Equipment [2]
2x Sniper Rifle

Master [18]
1x Institution Hunting Ground
4x Blood Doll
1x Festivo Dello Estinto (should maybe be Hungry Coyote)
1x Obfuscate
2x Society of Leopold
2x Millicent Smith
7x Vampiric Disease

Reaction [16]
5x Telepathic Misdirection
6x Wake with Evening's Freshn
3x My Enemys Enemy
2x Babble



BobbyDoc
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 3:30:24 AM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

"BobbyDoc" <robert_doktorow@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1126109265.080345.17140@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
Hi!
I used this deck for little time now. Quite similar to yours.
Won last three games.
Don't laugh :) 
and it was against somewhat stiff competition.

Be sure to survive in the beginning. Act innocent and harmless. Do some
"harmless" actions. You can/must often negotiate out of trouble: "If u
don't rush me I do this for you"
After a while whole table, but you, have troubles.


Crypt [13 vampires]
------------------------------­------------------------------

1x Kite 7 AUS DEM obf bishop !Malkavian:2
1x Korah 7 AUS DEM OBF Priscus !Malkavian:2
1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Artemis 6 aus DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Tony 6 AUS DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf !Malkavian:3
1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
1x Persia, The Beauti 5 aus DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Uncle George 5 aus DEM obf !Malkavian:3
1x Claven 4 aus dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2


Library [90 cards]
------------------------------­------------------------------


Action [29]
3x Derange
10x Haunting, The
3x Kindred Spirits
3x Lunatic Eruption
3x Sleep of Reason
2x Zillahs Tears
3x Sanguine Instruction
2x Madmans Quill

Action Modifier [20]
4x Confusion
5x Faceless Night
6x Lost in Crowds
2x Spying Mission
3x Forgotten Labyrinth

Action Modifier/Combat [4]
4x Swallowed by the Night

Action Modifier/Reaction [1]
1x Random Patterns

Equipment [2]
2x Sniper Rifle

Master [18]
1x Institution Hunting Ground
4x Blood Doll
1x Festivo Dello Estinto (should maybe be Hungry Coyote)
1x Obfuscate
2x Society of Leopold
2x Millicent Smith
7x Vampiric Disease

Reaction [16]
5x Telepathic Misdirection
6x Wake with Evening's Freshn
3x My Enemys Enemy
2x Babble



BobbyDoc


here is my version of this annoying type of deck... i am having a lot of fun
playing it, can't say the same thing for the rest of the table...

Crypt (12):
Yorik, Claven, Adelaide Davis, Tony, Evan Klein, General Perfidio Dios,
Persia, Uncle George, The Colonel, 2x Dolphin Black, Artemis

Master (16)
5x Blood Doll
2x Hungry Coyote
1x Institution Hunting Ground
1x Secure Haven
3x Millicent Smith
2x Society of Leopold
2x Vampiric Disease

Action (21)
10x Lunatic Erruption
4x Kindred Spirits
1x Sleep of Reason
4x Mind of a Killer
1x Revelations
1x Celestial Harmony

Reaction (19)
3x Eagle's Sight
5x Telepathic Misdirection
1x Enhanced Senses
1x Spirit's Touch
1x Precognition
1x Melange
3x Forced Awakening
4x Wake w.ev. Freshness

Action Mod. (26)
4x Eyes of Chaos
5x Lost in Crowds
5x Cloak the Gathering
4x Faceless Night
3x Spying Mission
4x Swallowed by the Night

Equipment-Allies (4)
1x Muddled Vampire Hunter
1x Carlton Van Wyk
1x Changeling Skin Mask
1x Alia, God's Messenger

Gehenna (4)
1x Anthelios the Red Star
1x Nightmares upon Nightmares
1x The Slow Withering
1x Restricted Vitae

Restricted Vitae doesn't cause you much problems, as you play it only if
you think that you'll gain more than you'll lose by the restrictions it
places
and you can always use the blood dolls to empty your vampires and thus
hunt for 2 (hungry coyote).

george
Anonymous
September 8, 2005 1:03:28 PM

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

fudjo wrote:

> 'cause, y'see, what I was thinking was doing a Dementation version
> of the classic Cryptic Mission deck, only with Mind of a Killer.
> All I need now are 20-30 more copies of Mind of a Killer...
>
>
> - Ben Peal

Wow! Go Mind of a Killer!!!
Would you reveal the decklist, or, as usual, we'll see it only in the
TWD archive? :) 
How are you going to prevent those minions from entering combat?

Yours,
Ector
!