Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
Author : Matt Morgan
Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind
of a Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this
deck work? Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a good
idea. Other suggestions?

Crypt [13 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 6 average: 4.47

1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
1x Tony 6 AUS DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf !Malkavian:3
1x Evan Klein 5 aus dem OBF Malkavian:3
1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
1x Persia, The Beauti 5 aus DEM obf Malkavian:3
1x Uncle George 5 aus DEM obf !Malkavian:3
1x Adelaide Davis 4 aus dem obf Malkavian:3
1x Claven 4 aus dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Idalia, Prophet of 4 AUS dem !Malkavian:2
1x Jeremy Talbot 4 dem obf Malkavian:3
1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2
1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [31]
4x Derange
7x Dive into Madness
6x Haunting, The
6x Kindred Spirits
4x Mind of a Killer
4x Sleep of Reason

Action Modifier [22]
4x Cloak the Gathering
2x Confusion
4x Eyes of Chaos
4x Faceless Night
4x Lost in Crowds
4x Spying Mission

Action Modifier/Combat [6]
2x Deny
4x Swallowed by the Night

Ally [3]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Escaped Mental Patient
1x Muddled Vampire Hunter

Master [15]
1x Asylum Hunting Ground
1x Barrens, The
5x Blood Doll
2x Fame
1x Giant's Blood
1x Hungry Coyote, The
1x Institution Hunting Ground
3x Sudden Reversal

Reaction [13]
7x Telepathic Misdirection
6x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Sep 06 15:16:45 2005]

More about deck dive mind killer

    Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
    > Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
    > Author : Matt Morgan
    > Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind
    > of a Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this
    > deck work? Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a good
    > idea. Other suggestions?

    No Restricted Vitae? Or it would hamper too much your own poolgain?

    I was thinking about a similar concept for using with Sleep of Reason
    and Fame, but ended up too unstable. Isn't Lunatic Eruption worth a
    try? At least everytime a I see one played, the target happens to take
    some damage.

    hm, that's all :)

    best,

    Fabio "Sooner" Macedo

    Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
> [...]

    > 1x Muddled Vampire Hunter
    >
    > Master [15]
    > 1x Asylum Hunting Ground
    > 1x Barrens, The
    > 5x Blood Doll
    > 2x Fame
    > 1x Giant's Blood
    > 1x Hungry Coyote, The
    > 1x Institution Hunting Ground
    > 3x Sudden Reversal
    >
    > Reaction [13]
    > 7x Telepathic Misdirection
    > 6x Wake with Evening's Freshness
    >

    > Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Tue Sep 06 15:16:45 2005]

    > Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
    > Author : Matt Morgan
    > Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind of a
    > Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this deck work?
    > Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a good idea. Other

    Don't forget to MoaK (dem) your Muddled Vampire Hunter for an extra
    damage.

    Like this deck. I've been trying to think of a way to use Haunting for
    a while, this could be it.
    some thoughts:
    Society of Leopold could be fun indeed.
    Masquerade Endangered is another option; stop them hunting and keep em
    tapped.
    Restricted Vitae could be good, but if you're going to go that way,
    you might as well go a bit further and slot a significant "wormwood
    engine" module in, i.e. lots of events, a couple of fortschritt
    libraries to fetch wormwood early, etc. Then it would admittedly become
    more of a Gehenna engine deck with a whacky "tap and hurt" DEM
    module, than the other way around.
    One thing to consider though is ousting power; if the majority (or all)
    of your prey's minions are tapped and/or torporised, they won't be
    able to do much about your bleeds, so setting up some permanent bleed
    mods could really fast-track you to some tasty VPs. This is especially
    so seeing as you have a lot of small minions and can thus more easily
    afford to take multiple actions (although it's not like the little
    guys won't be busy, with all the haunting and deranging and diving
    they have to do, heh). Apart from the obvious bleed retainers, Pulse of
    the Canaille also comes to mind.

    Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
    > I had a conversation with Ben Peal at Gen Con this year about uses of Mind
    > of a Killer. Actually, the conversation went like this:
    >
    > Me: I'll trade you for that Mind of a Killer.
    > Ben: What do you want that card for?
    > Me: Well, if you can lock down the minion or stop him from getting into
    > combat, it's 2 damage. That's not bad. Just don't Mind of a Killer a
    > deck that might rush you!
    > Ben: Hey, that's a really cool idea. I'll trade you for all of yours.

    'cause, y'see, what I was thinking was doing a Dementation version
    of the classic Cryptic Mission deck, only with Mind of a Killer.
    All I need now are 20-30 more copies of Mind of a Killer...

    - Ben Peal

    Consider the Madness Network as well!

    Ira

    Matthew T. Morgan wrote:
    > Deck Name : Dive Into the Mind of a Killer
    > Author : Matt Morgan
    > Description : Use Haunting and Deranges to lock down a minion, then Mind
    > of a Killer him. Sleep of Reason is for the coup de grace. Will this
    > deck work? Might be too many actions. Society of Leopold might be a
    > good idea. Other suggestions?

    I would include some Lunatic Eruptions, because the target of MoaK gets
    +1 strength and takes some damage too by rushing your next prey. This
    will also take pressure of your grand-pred which will take pressure of
    you. Beautiful. Even better if you play Vampiric Disease on the Lunatic
    Erruption vampires :)

    --
    johannes walch
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Hi!
    I used this deck for little time now. Quite similar to yours.
    Won last three games.
    Don't laugh :)
    and it was against somewhat stiff competition.

    Be sure to survive in the beginning. Act innocent and harmless. Do some
    "harmless" actions. You can/must often negotiate out of trouble: "If u
    don't rush me I do this for you"
    After a while whole table, but you, have troubles.

    Crypt [13 vampires]
    ------------------------------­------------------------------

    1x Kite 7 AUS DEM obf bishop !Malkavian:2
    1x Korah 7 AUS DEM OBF Priscus !Malkavian:2
    1x Dolphin Black 6 AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
    1x Artemis 6 aus DEM OBF !Malkavian:2
    1x Tony 6 AUS DEM obf Malkavian:3
    1x Colonel, The 5 AUS dem obf !Malkavian:3
    1x General Perfidio D 5 AUS dem obf bishop !Malkavian:3
    1x Persia, The Beauti 5 aus DEM obf Malkavian:3
    1x Uncle George 5 aus DEM obf !Malkavian:3
    1x Claven 4 aus dem obf !Malkavian:2
    1x Yorik 3 dem obf !Malkavian:2
    1x Boy Toy 2 dem !Malkavian:2

    Library [90 cards]
    ------------------------------­------------------------------

    Action [29]
    3x Derange
    10x Haunting, The
    3x Kindred Spirits
    3x Lunatic Eruption
    3x Sleep of Reason
    2x Zillahs Tears
    3x Sanguine Instruction
    2x Madmans Quill

    Action Modifier [20]
    4x Confusion
    5x Faceless Night
    6x Lost in Crowds
    2x Spying Mission
    3x Forgotten Labyrinth

    Action Modifier/Combat [4]
    4x Swallowed by the Night

    Action Modifier/Reaction [1]
    1x Random Patterns

    Equipment [2]
    2x Sniper Rifle

    Master [18]
    1x Institution Hunting Ground
    4x Blood Doll
    1x Festivo Dello Estinto (should maybe be Hungry Coyote)
    1x Obfuscate
    2x Society of Leopold
    2x Millicent Smith
    7x Vampiric Disease

    Reaction [16]
    5x Telepathic Misdirection
    6x Wake with Evening's Freshn
    3x My Enemys Enemy
    2x Babble

    BobbyDoc
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "BobbyDoc" <robert_doktorow@hotmail.com> wrote in message
[...]

    here is my version of this annoying type of deck... i am having a lot of fun
    playing it, can't say the same thing for the rest of the table...

    Crypt (12):
    Yorik, Claven, Adelaide Davis, Tony, Evan Klein, General Perfidio Dios,
    Persia, Uncle George, The Colonel, 2x Dolphin Black, Artemis

    Master (16)
    5x Blood Doll
    2x Hungry Coyote
    1x Institution Hunting Ground
    1x Secure Haven
    3x Millicent Smith
    2x Society of Leopold
    2x Vampiric Disease

    Action (21)
    10x Lunatic Erruption
    4x Kindred Spirits
    1x Sleep of Reason
    4x Mind of a Killer
    1x Revelations
    1x Celestial Harmony

    Reaction (19)
    3x Eagle's Sight
    5x Telepathic Misdirection
    1x Enhanced Senses
    1x Spirit's Touch
    1x Precognition
    1x Melange
    3x Forced Awakening
    4x Wake w.ev. Freshness

    Action Mod. (26)
    4x Eyes of Chaos
    5x Lost in Crowds
    5x Cloak the Gathering
    4x Faceless Night
    3x Spying Mission
    4x Swallowed by the Night

    Equipment-Allies (4)
    1x Muddled Vampire Hunter
    1x Carlton Van Wyk
    1x Changeling Skin Mask
    1x Alia, God's Messenger

    Gehenna (4)
    1x Anthelios the Red Star
    1x Nightmares upon Nightmares
    1x The Slow Withering
    1x Restricted Vitae

    Restricted Vitae doesn't cause you much problems, as you play it only if
    you think that you'll gain more than you'll lose by the restrictions it
    places
    and you can always use the blood dolls to empty your vampires and thus
    hunt for 2 (hungry coyote).

    george
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    fudjo wrote:

    > 'cause, y'see, what I was thinking was doing a Dementation version
    > of the classic Cryptic Mission deck, only with Mind of a Killer.
    > All I need now are 20-30 more copies of Mind of a Killer...
    >

    > - Ben Peal

    Wow! Go Mind of a Killer!!!
    Would you reveal the decklist, or, as usual, we'll see it only in the
    TWD archive? :)
    How are you going to prevent those minions from entering combat?

    Yours,
    Ector

Video Games