DECK: Undead Persistance / Weather Control plus LSJ Q

in the old trap/undead persistance combat module. Bleed with Govern the
Unaligned. Play trap/weather control/undead persistance if blocked.
Dawn Operation to get Ecstatic Agony and Anima Gathering through.
Conditioning for those who don't block. Cute intercept module added for
that toolbox-feel. Humanitas, Hungry Coyote and HG to keep blood on
your vamps in order to bring them out of torpor. Thoughts?

2 Marlene 6 AUS dem DOM for thau Ventrue Antitribu:2
2 Vincent Day 5 aus dom for pot thau Ventrue Antitribu:2
1 Kurt Strauss 5 aus DOM thau Tremere: Antitribu:2
1 Billy 5 AUS dom for Ventrue Antitribu:2
1 Peter Blaine 4 aus dom for Ventrue Antitribu:2
1 Thelonius 4 aus dom thau Tremere: Antitribu:2
1 Brooke 3 dom thau Tremere: Antitribu:2
2 Juan Cali 3 aus for Ventrue Antitribu:2
1 March Halycon 1 for Pander:2

Master: 13 cards
6 Blood Doll
1 Humanitas
1 Hungry Coyote
1 Corporate Hunting Ground
4 Fortitude

Action: 15 cards
5 Govern the Unaligned
3 Ecstatic Agony
1 Anima Gathering
6 Nose of the Hound

Action Modifier: 8 cards
4 Conditioning
4 Dawn Operation

Combat: 26 cards
10 Undead Persistance
10 Trap
6 Weather Control

Reaction: 18 cards
2 Spirit's Touch
2 Precognition
8 Wake with Evening's Freshness
3 Enhanced Senses
3 Fast Reaction

Also I have a question for LSJ (or anyone who can help), can I play
multiple copies of undead persistance and press at the end of every
three rounds indefinitely (provided they don't S:CE)?

So for example, March Halycon enters combat and I play trap. I hit for
one and opposing vampire knocks her teeth in via undead strength. She
should go to torpor but I play undead persistance. Press. Round II both
vamps punch for one. Press provided by Trap. Round III both punch for 1
damage. Final press provided by trap because I played a card in the
previous two rounds (undead persistance in Round I). Both hit for 1
damage and combat should now end because both trap and UP are up but
can I play another Undead Persistance thus starting yet another round
and so on and so forth within every consecutive round?

evil_inside1...@hotmail.com wrote:

> Also I have a question for LSJ (or anyone who can help), can I play
> multiple copies of undead persistance and press at the end of every
> three rounds indefinitely (provided they don't S:CE)?
>
> So for example, March Halycon enters combat and I play trap. I hit for
> one and opposing vampire knocks her teeth in via undead strength. She
> should go to torpor but I play undead persistance. Press. Round II both
> vamps punch for one. Press provided by Trap. Round III both punch for 1
> damage. Final press provided by trap because I played a card in the
> previous two rounds (undead persistance in Round I). Both hit for 1
> damage and combat should now end because both trap and UP are up but
> can I play another Undead Persistance thus starting yet another round
> and so on and so forth within every consecutive round?

As mentioned here:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/4fd1d7086232edae?hl=en&

No.

The second UP can't be played until you are going to torpor, which
doesn't happen until after combat ends (card text from the first UP),
at which point it is too late to play more combat cards other than
Psyche (which includes a second basic UP) because you're not in combat
anymore.

-John Flournoy

Umm okay thanks for replying, so what's the maximum number of rounds I
can get out of the trap/undead persistance combo and can someone
explain it me please?

The trap and the undead persistence give you the same number of extra
rounds: three.

So, in round 1, you play the trap, and then the undead persistence,
press from the trap. Round 2, press. Round 3, press. Round 4, no
press, combat ends, you go to torpor.

If you played a card in the 4th round (like Lessons in the Steel), then
the combat will end in the 7th round.

I think it's a cool idea for a deck. My suggestions include:

Go to 90 cards.
Add a few deflection/redirection.
Add a few Freak Drives (you can cycle with hunting if necessary)
Remove the Ecstatic Agony (since you don't really need it) and replace
with Rapid Healing.
Remove Fast Reaction (you'll get into combat enough)
Replace a couple Nose of the Hound with Bum's Rush in case they keep
key minions untapped.
Add a few other combat cards like Lesson in the Steel (so good!) or
damage prevention (for agg.)
Add a second Hungry Coyote.
Add a little vote defense, like Delaying Tactics, Vox Domini, or DI.

I hope that helps,

Ira

> Master: 13 cards
> 6 Blood Doll
> 1 Humanitas
> 1 Hungry Coyote
> 1 Corporate Hunting Ground
> 4 Fortitude

Add Society of Leopold and Vampiric Disease. Why? VD doesn´t bother you
much because your vamps should be empty after the combat anyway so they
loose their counter on the next round, or they spread it around which is
even better. And Society of Leopold allows you to burn vampires quite
easy. I would also include a bit of rush possibility (best would be
Haven Uncovered).

--
johannes walch

So if I only play Trap, do I get three rounds or do I have to play
Undead Persistance and only 1 so I can get all my presses? I'm just
confused about the card text on Trap:

Card Text:

Only usable before range is determined on the first round.

During the press step, if any Methuselah has played a card earlier in
the current round or during the two previous rounds, the Trap
automatically provides a press to continue (either combatant can press
to end).

So I would think I get the first press because I played Trap earlier in
the current round. On round II I play no card but I played Trap in the
previous round so do I get to press and do so in the next round as
well? Sorry I'm retarded, but much thanks on the replies so far. I like
the deck too, I just want to play it properly.

If you played a card in the 4th round (like Lessons in the Steel), then
the combat will end in the 7th round.

Umm also, lessons in the steel provides one press so why would this go
on until Round 7?

evil_inside1999@hotmail.com wrote:
> If you played a card in the 4th round (like Lessons in the Steel), then
> the combat will end in the 7th round.
>
> Umm also, lessons in the steel provides one press so why would this go
> on until Round 7?

It's not an issue of the press from LotS.

Playing _any_ card effectively resets the Trap for another 3 rounds
where the Trap is providing the press:

"During the press step, if any Methuselah has played a card earlier in
the current round or during the two previous rounds, the Trap
automatically provides a press to continue (either combatant can press
to end)."

So if Lessons (or any other card) is played in round 4, it won't be
until round 7 before Trap can end next (in 7's press step, it checks
and sees no cards played in 7, 6 or 5, and ends.)

-John Flournoy