Upgrade and Networking on my Compaq Armada 3500

scottyhawaii

Distinguished
May 5, 2003
Aloha everyone!
i need some help with my Compaq Armada 3500. i just got my home networked and now I can't seem to get into my Compaq Armada 3500 laptop from my desktop cause it says it has a password on it. Thing is, it is running WinXP which i got from someone else so when i try to update my laptop it can't do the critical updates (SP1) cause its not an authentic liscense. my desktop is though. How can I work around it? any help is much appreciated.

Much mahalo,
Scotty

Thanks and mahalo,
Scotty

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
A bit obvious but have you checked your settings on the laptop?

Sounds like the laptop is refusing access.
Check the laptops networksettings

Do you get an opertunity to enter the password when you try to connect from the desktop?

If all else fails: Read The Manual

scottyhawaii

Distinguished
May 5, 2003
toxicogen,
my settings are good. it can identify my desktop. the only thing my desktop asks for my laptops passcode when i want to view it. and yes there is place where is asks for a passcode. actually on my desktop is asks the same thing too if i want to view my laptop i have to type in a password. i don't know the password. what now?

Mahalo,
Scotty

Thanks and mahalo,
Scotty

toxicogen

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2003
do you have a password for your laptop? if so type it and otherwise just hit enter. If that fails check the laptop, it has to have the password on it somewhere

Check the VPN properties (in the window network connections, right click the VPN that you are using and look at the security tab, this is where you determine the paasword authentication ect... the standard setting is require secured password)

If all else fails: Read The Manual