Solved

Downloads

hi!
i have high speed internet and a toshiba protege R705 and i cannot download any music or watch something on youtube.
there is planty of space on my computer...
what can i do??
thank you
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about downloads
  1. Then throw it
  2. Then throw it
  3. Check the connection speed is enough to stream videos
  4. Best answer
    kit4 said:
    hi!
    i have high speed internet and a toshiba protege R705 and i cannot download any music or watch something on youtube.
    there is planty of space on my computer...
    what can i do??
    thank you

    Do you have flash players installed? Does it just pause, or not watch at all?
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

    What web browser are you running?
  5. hitechgowthaman said:
    Then throw it



    +1
  6. nukemaster said:
    Do you have flash players installed? Does it just pause, or not watch at all?
    http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html

    What web browser are you running?


    hello nukemaster!

    yes i have the latest version of flash players installed.
    yes it pause many time in a song for exemple
    just got this used computer and it was set intranet, and i put it back to internet
    the web browser is explorer
    thanks for your help
  7. It does sound like you are running out of data to play back. Youtube can test your connection speed to the servers they use to see if that is the issue.

    http://www.youtube.com/my_speed

    Also it never hurts to go hitup speedtest.net and see how fast your internet is on that system.

    Just to make sure this is clear, you only get this on the internet, if you have a song on the computer it works fine?

    What exactly did you do to chance from intranet to internet(Normally you should not have to change much, unless you had a custom IP ect.).

    If you have full system specs, it may help.
  8. nukemaster said:
    It does sound like you are running out of data to play back. Youtube can test your connection speed to the servers they use to see if that is the issue.

    http://www.youtube.com/my_speed

    Also it never hurts to go hitup speedtest.net and see how fast your internet is on that system.

    Just to make sure this is clear, you only get this on the internet, if you have a song on the computer it works fine?

    What exactly did you do to chance from intranet to internet(Normally you should not have to change much, unless you had a custom IP ect.).

    If you have full system specs, it may help.



    hello again!
    my speed on youtube is 3.59, dont know what it means though
    yes, if i put a cd music it works well
    i have this bar that was asking me if i wanted to change the setting of intranet into internet, i changed it to see if there was a diference
    the system specification is:
    intel core i3 M350 2.27ghz
    RAM 4Gb (3.73 usable)
    64 bit operating system

    thanks again
  9. you should still be able to stream at 3.59.

    What did speedtest.net tell you?

    It may be worth trying a different browser to see if it any better. With a new browser, you will have to install flash for that browser(they will tell you when you get to a site that needs it).

    Firefox
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

    Chrome
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95346

    Opera
    http://www.opera.com/
  10. nukemaster said:
    It does sound like you are running out of data to play back. Youtube can test your connection speed to the servers they use to see if that is the issue.

    http://www.youtube.com/my_speed

    Also it never hurts to go hitup speedtest.net and see how fast your internet is on that system.

    Just to make sure this is clear, you only get this on the internet, if you have a song on the computer it works fine?

    What exactly did you do to chance from intranet to internet(Normally you should not have to change much, unless you had a custom IP ect.).

    If you have full system specs, it may help.


    i just tested my speed. the download is 0.05mbs, upload 0.10mbs and the ping is 25ms. doesnt say anything to me though...
    i need your help
    thanks
  11. Where are you getting your "high-speed" internet from? That is NOT what I'd call high-speed.

    THAT is high-speed internet, on wi-fi mind you....

    What you have looks more like dial-up...
  12. killersquirel11 said:
    Where are you getting your "high-speed" internet from? That is NOT what I'd call high-speed.
    http://www.speedtest.net/result/1726773283.png
    THAT is high-speed internet, on wi-fi mind you....

    What you have looks more like dial-up...


    ok but why is people in the house or in town hable to download music or watch a tv show and i cant?
    thank you
  13. Something is causing a slowdown(network) those are very slow, that would explain it.

    How many people are on the network(i assume its a home network?) with you?

    Are you on wireless?

    As asked above, who is the provider?
  14. hello again!
    we are 2 person using it but rarely at the same time. yes we use wireless and the provider is NorthwesTel (i live up north in canada)
    thank you
  15. Well if the other person can access the internet at normal speeds (ask them to run speedtest.net and then post back here). Make sure that you're testing from about the same location. If they are getting better speeds from the same location, run out to your local computer parts store and pick up a USB Wireless N adapter. If your internet speed improves majorly from that, keep the adapter. If it doesn't, return the adapter.
  16. Wireless is an interesting thing, can be very slow at times if it gets interference. I am all with the above user. A real question would be, how much signal do you have with your current adapter?

    Wireless N adapters only help with N access points(routers ect) most of the time.
  17. nukemaster said:
    Wireless is an interesting thing, can be very slow at times if it gets interference. I am all with the above user. A real question would be, how much signal do you have with your current adapter?

    Wireless N adapters only help with N access points(routers ect) most of the time.



    I don't think op mentioned what type of wap he has so getting a wireless N is playing it safe
  18. Best answer selected by kit4.
  19. nukemaster said:
    you should still be able to stream at 3.59.

    What did speedtest.net tell you?

    It may be worth trying a different browser to see if it any better. With a new browser, you will have to install flash for that browser(they will tell you when you get to a site that needs it).

    Firefox
    http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

    Chrome
    http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95346

    Opera
    http://www.opera.com/



    hi! just saw that message... i will try that! thank you so much for your help!!!!!:)
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops