Gen Con winner decks (from WW website)

Posted on WW's site today - has the winning decks for the Last Chance
Qualifier, and Day 1 and 2 of the NAC:

------------------------------------

North American Championship at GenCon a Success!
Peter Charnley of Ann Arbor, Mi crowned Champion

White Wolf attended the GenCon Indy 2005 convention in force this year,
ready to celebrate the release of Mage: The Awakening, but Vampire: The
Eternal Struggle tournaments were already in full swing in Indianapolis
even before the convention began. The Week of Nightmares concluded at
GenCon with the Last Chance Qualifier and two-day North American
Championship.

The Qualifier

Fifty-eight people participated in the Last Chance Qualifier with five
advancing to the finals of the tournament. The results were as follows:

1. Andreas Nusser (2GW, 8VP, 4 Final VP)
2. Jonathan Scherer (2 GW, 10 VP, 1 Final VP)
3. Mats Ellingsen (2 GW, 8 VP, 0 Final VP)
4. Dave Feldman (2 GW, 7 VP, 0 Final VP)
5. Brian Moritz (2 GW, 7 VP, 0 Final VP)

Andreas Nusser of Germany won with a Ravnos breed-n-bleed deck.

Deck Name : Zigeunerfasching
Author : Andreas Nusser
Description : original deck creation idea by Kamel Senni

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 4 average: 2.75

2x Sasha Miklos 2 chi Ravnos:2
2x Spleen, Georgio Gu 2 ani chi Ravnos:2
2x Zip 2 ani Ravnos:3
1x Anka, Priestess of 4 ani chi pro Ravnos:2
1x Salbatore Bokkengr 4 CHI for pro Ravnos:2
1x Sennuwy, The Promo 4 ani chi for Ravnos:2
1x Lázár Dobrescu 3 for Ravnos:2
1x Tsigane 3 aus chi Ravnos:2
1x Vedel Esbreno 3 chi for Ravnos:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [27]
27x Embrace, The

Action Modifier [4]
4x Change of Target

Ally [5]
5x Rom Gypsy

Event [4]
1x Anthelios, The Red Star
1x Blood Weakens
1x Slow Withering, The
1x Veil of Darkness

Master [45]
2x Anarch Troublemaker
6x Blood Doll
6x Direct Intervention
2x Fortune Teller Shop
2x Last Stand
2x Misdirection
7x Parthenon, The
1x Pentex Subversion
9x Ravnos Carnival
1x Specialization
3x Tribute to the Master
1x Visit from the Capuchin
3x Week of Nightmares

Reaction [5]
5x Delaying Tactics

The Championship, Day One

The North American Championship adopted a two-day format this year. On
day one all players compete for the top 40 spots that will qualify them
for day two. Day one consists of a standard three-round tournament plus
a final.

The finalists for day one were:

1. Stefan Ferenci (2 GW, 6VP, 3 Final VP)
2. Hughes Bertrand (2GW, 6VP, 2 Final VP)
3. Matt Flint (2GW, 6 VP, 0 Final VP)
4. Robyn Tatu (2GW, 5 VP, 0 Final VP)
5. Francois Nadeau-Labrecque (1GW, 7 VP, 0 Final VP)

Stefan Ferenci, of Vienna, Austria, won with a Tzimisce denial deck
listed here:

Deck Name : Just say NO
Author : SF

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 5.33

2x Caliban 6 ANI AUS VIC Tzimisce:2
2x Corine Marcon 6 AUS VIC ani Tzimisce:2
1x Little Tailor of Prague 8 ANI AUS VIC dem Tzimisce:2
1x Meshenka 8 ANI AUS VIC priscus Tzimisce:2
1x Kazimir Savostin 7 AUS VIC ani pot Tzimisce:3
1x Devin Bisley 5 ANI AUS vic Tzimisce:2
1x Elizabeth Westcott 5 AUS ani cel vic Tzimisce:3
1x Lolita Houston 4 VIC aus Tzimisce:2
1x Horatio 2 vic Tzimisce:2
1x Olga Triminov 1 vic Pander:3

Library [71 cards]

Action [1]
1x Army of Rats

Combat [14]
7x Breath of the Dragon
7x Chiropteran Marauder

Equipment [1]
1x Palatial Estate

Event [1]
1x Dr. Marisa Fletcher, CDC

Master [17]
5x Blood Doll
1x Library Hunting Ground
1x Pentex Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Rack, The
6x Rotschreck
1x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Tension in the Ranks

Reaction [37]
5x Eagle's Sight
5x Enhanced Senses
7x Forced Awakening
5x My Enemy's Enemy
3x Precognition
2x Read the Winds
3x Spirit's Touch
5x Telepathic Misdirection
2x Wake with Evening's Freshness

The Championship, Day Two

The final 40 fought long and hard for the right to play in the finals
this year. The finalists were:

1 Peter Charnley (2GW 9 VP 1.5 FinalVP)
2 Jared Strait (1GW 6 VP 1.5 Final VP)
3 Ben Swainbank (2GW 7.5 VP 1 FinalVP)
4 Josh Duffin (1GW 6 VP 0 FinalVP)
5 Stefan Ferenci (1GW 6 VP 0 FinalVP)

The North American Championship was won by Peter Charnley of Ann Arbot,
Michigan with his Arika and Friends deck that got him to the finals
last year as well. The Final was very exciting to watch and went all
the way to the time limit. Here is Peter's deck with a description.

Crypt [12 vampires]

5x Arika 11 DOM FOR OBF PRE aus cel inner circle Ventrue:2
2x Katarina Kornfeld 8 DOM FOR PRE ani primogen Ventrue:3
2x Marcus Vitel 10 DOM FOR OBF OBT PRE prince Ventrue:3
1x Victorine Lafourca 8 DOM FOR PRE tha prince Ventrue:3
1x Ranjan Rishi, Cama 5 DOM PRE for Ventrue:2
1x Queen Anne 10 DOM FOR PRE aus obf prince Ventrue:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [10]
2x Enchant Kindred
6x Govern the Unaligned
2x Scouting Mission

Action Modifier [30]
3x Awe
2x Bewitching Oration
4x Cloak the Gathering
4x Forgotten Labyrinth
9x Freak Drive
3x Seduction
5x Voter Captivation

Combat [12]
6x Majesty
6x Rolling with the Punches

Master [16]
1x Erciyes Fragments, The
1x Fragment of the Book of Nod
1x Giant's Blood
2x Information Highway
4x Minion Tap
1x Secure Haven
1x Ventrue Headquarters
5x Zillah's Valley

Political Action [15]
1x Ancient Influence
1x Ancilla Empowerment
2x Banishment
8x Kine Resources Contested
2x Protect Thine Own
1x Reins of Power

Reaction [7]
6x Deflection
1x Wake with Evening's Freshness

"The deck is designed to run in spurts. Whether off the bat or later in
the game some turns will be spent doing nothing, waiting for the
opportunity to cycle reactions and combat cards, other turns will
consist of vote, freak, bleed, freak, etc. One advantage of the deck
that some people have keyed on is the lack of permanents to make the
deck appear frightening. With three vampires out, most people are only
afraid of Arika, and then only because of her text, PTO ability and +2
bleed. Very rarely do people worry about the cloaks, or the extra
actions with freak drives and majesty. I've been playing and tweaking
this deck since I started seriously playing Vampire, almost 3 years
now, so this deck is as good as it gets. Modifications consist only of
2-4 card swap outs based on metagame, more or less combat, stealth,
vote bump cards depending. I went with 12 combat and 8 stealth instead
of a previous 10 and 6 because of KMW's combat, and the number of times
intercept has kicked my butt. The 8 stealth card setup is probably
going to stay, but in a less combat-heavy environment, 1 majesty and 1
rolling would get swapped for other cards. Oh also, I like the lack of
wakes. People often times will behave as though I have a wake in my
hands for deflections when I don't. Thanks to all those 'responsible'
bleeders out there :)" - Peter Charnley

------------------

-John Flournoy

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> John Flournoy wrote:
>
> > The North American Championship was won by Peter Charnley of Ann Arbot,
> > Michigan with his Arika and Friends deck that got him to the finals
> > last year as well. The Final was very exciting to watch and went all
> > the way to the time limit. Here is Peter's deck with a description.
> >
> > Combat [12]
> > 6x Majesty
> > 6x Rolling with the Punches
>
> For the love of punk rock! Where were the Rush decks! Aaaggghhh!

Sitting immediately to his right, turns out.

Peter's predator in the NAC final was Stefan Ferenci's Celerity-weenie
gun deck (with 4 haven uncovered, 5 bum's, and 3 games of instincts)
that was posted to the list a couple of weeks ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/d3c42490d8f0af01?hl=en&

And Stefan emptied-and-dunked Arika early in the final, only to have
Peter Giant's Blood her immediately and rescue her on his next turn,
much to Stefan's dismay.

> Ahem. I'm ok now.
>

> Peter D Bakija

-John Flournoy

Bluedevil

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2005

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> John Flournoy wrote:

> > Combat [12]
> > 6x Majesty
> > 6x Rolling with the Punches
>
> For the love of punk rock! Where were the Rush decks! Aaaggghhh!

I think about 12 slots devoted to combat defense is perfect. It's a
respectable amount, and enough to slow down a combat predator long
enough for you to outrace them. Surviving a weenie horde rushing
through a haven overwhelms virtually all possible combat defense
through sheer iteration. Which is why it's broken. ;) In any case,
you've got the bar set pretty high if those particular 12 slots don't
strike you as meaty combat defense.

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> John Flournoy wrote:
>
> > The North American Championship was won by Peter Charnley of Ann Arbot,
> > Michigan with his Arika and Friends deck that got him to the finals
> > last year as well. The Final was very exciting to watch and went all
> > the way to the time limit. Here is Peter's deck with a description.
> >
> > Combat [12]
> > 6x Majesty
> > 6x Rolling with the Punches
>
> For the love of punk rock! Where were the Rush decks! Aaaggghhh!
>
> Ahem. I'm ok now.

LOL. Hey this could have been worse. He gave some respect to the rush
decks. First of all, he did create 2 layers of defense. Having
recognized that Majesty is prone to IG he added the RwtP. There's also
a Secure Haven.

-Robert

John Flournoy wrote:

> The North American Championship was won by Peter Charnley of Ann Arbot,
> Michigan with his Arika and Friends deck that got him to the finals
> last year as well. The Final was very exciting to watch and went all
> the way to the time limit. Here is Peter's deck with a description.
>
> Combat [12]
> 6x Majesty
> 6x Rolling with the Punches

For the love of punk rock! Where were the Rush decks! Aaaggghhh!

Ahem. I'm ok now.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

John Flournoy <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote:
> And Stefan emptied-and-dunked Arika early in the final, only to have
> Peter Giant's Blood her immediately and rescue her on his next turn,
> much to Stefan's dismay.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE GIANTS BLOOD IS BAHROKENNNNNNNNN

THIS HAF PROVEDD ITT

WE ALL MUST BAN THE GIANTS BLODD

> -John Flournoy

iNsAnE kEvIn :9

John Flournoy wrote:

> Peter's predator in the NAC final was Stefan Ferenci's Celerity-weenie
> gun deck (with 4 haven uncovered, 5 bum's, and 3 games of instincts)
> that was posted to the list a couple of weeks ago:

Yeah, see, 4 Haven, 5 Bum's Rush, and 3 Games? Simply not enough Rush...

:)

bluedevil wrote:

> In any case,
> you've got the bar set pretty high if those particular 12 slots don't
> strike you as meaty combat defense.

Meh. Like, a serious combat deck will eat that deck for lunch. 12 slots
isn't enough.

Sadly, though, most serious combat decks aren't likely going to get the VPs
necessary to be sitting there :)

Kevin M. wrote:
> John Flournoy <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And Stefan emptied-and-dunked Arika early in the final, only to have
> > Peter Giant's Blood her immediately and rescue her on his next turn,
> > much to Stefan's dismay.
>
> AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>
> THE GIANTS BLOOD IS BAHROKENNNNNNNNN
>
> THIS HAF PROVEDD ITT
>
> WE ALL MUST BAN THE GIANTS BLODD
>
> > -John Flournoy
>
> iNsAnE kEvIn :9

All fun aside....

It says there on the card "Only 1 Giant's Blood can be played in a
game."

If only that errata made it onto certain cards....

Jeff

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> bluedevil wrote:
>

>>In any case,
>>you've got the bar set pretty high if those particular 12 slots don't
>>strike you as meaty combat defense.
>

> Meh. Like, a serious combat deck will eat that deck for lunch. 12 slots
> isn't enough.
>
> Sadly, though, most serious combat decks aren't likely going to get the VPs
> necessary to be sitting there :)
>

> Peter D Bakija
> pdb6@lightlink.com
> http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6
>
> "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
> easily spilled liquids to naked people."
> -Brittni Meil

12 usually proves to be enough, but not when

your prey´s arika plays 3 rolling with the punches and 1-2 majesties in
the first combat (ben s. check that one the video please)

your predator that plays giovanni powerbleed with le thin do (he almost
as broken as Josh) and gets an early ambrosius and jack washington and
2 intercept locations.

your grandprey puts for no apparent reason often some damage on you.

once you torporized arika with a fame you dont diablerize her because
you are greedy and want the fame to oust your prey, but your prey plays
giants blood on arika (sweet move peter), rescues feak drives and PTOs
your only guy with a gun and a blood doll and your grandprey is in
favour of that (that cost you the NAC Jared).

your only ally on the table (Josh) playing a vote deck sitting between 2
vote decks.

and its 12 rushes on 80 cards not 90 (my NAC version might even had had
5 haven uncovered, and it includes 2 arsons for those pesky secure havens)

so there was enough rush but great play and decks by my prey/pred plus a
suboptimal draw ruined the final for me (playwise/it still was great fun
thanks Peter/Josh/Jared/Ben.S)

stefan