Tungsten E2 with Mac OS 9?

June 30, 2005 7:23:59 AM

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Tungsten E2, but I'm limited by
harware to Mac OS 9 or pre-10.3 OS X (I do have USB). The E2 isn't
"officially" compatible with either of these, but I'm wondering if some
workaround is possible. I'm guessing that the Palm Desktop software is
the problem - perhaps an earlier version will work with the E2? Any
information or suggestions are welcome.

--
AB

More about : tungsten mac

July 1, 2005 8:42:51 AM

In article <300620050323595066%comb@non.com>, Armon Buntz
<comb@non.com> wrote:

> I'm thinking about upgrading to a Tungsten E2, but I'm limited by
> harware to Mac OS 9 or pre-10.3 OS X (I do have USB). The E2 isn't
> "officially" compatible with either of these, but I'm wondering if some
> workaround is possible. I'm guessing that the Palm Desktop software is
> the problem - perhaps an earlier version will work with the E2? Any
> information or suggestions are welcome.
>
> --
> AB

I've got an E2 and it works great with my iMac G4 running 10.2.8. USB
HotSync, Bluetooth HotSync, simply sending files via Bluetooth File
Exchange, it all works just fine.

Dave
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 8:42:52 AM

My USB card is in an older PPC OS 9-only machine, so that's the one I
really want to use to sync the E2. I can live without Bluetooth sync if
the USB sync would work OK.

In article <300620052142515608%none@none.com>, <none@none.com> wrote:

> In article <300620050323595066%comb@non.com>, Armon Buntz
> <comb@non.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking about upgrading to a Tungsten E2, but I'm limited by
> > harware to Mac OS 9 or pre-10.3 OS X (I do have USB). The E2 isn't
> > "officially" compatible with either of these, but I'm wondering if some
> > workaround is possible. I'm guessing that the Palm Desktop software is
> > the problem - perhaps an earlier version will work with the E2? Any
> > information or suggestions are welcome.
> >
> > --
> > AB
>
> I've got an E2 and it works great with my iMac G4 running 10.2.8. USB
> HotSync, Bluetooth HotSync, simply sending files via Bluetooth File
> Exchange, it all works just fine.
>
> Dave
Anonymous
July 1, 2005 9:50:22 AM

Armon Buntz wrote:
> I'm thinking about upgrading to a Tungsten E2, but I'm limited by
> harware to Mac OS 9 or pre-10.3 OS X (I do have USB). The E2 isn't
> "officially" compatible with either of these, but I'm wondering if some
> workaround is possible. I'm guessing that the Palm Desktop software is
> the problem - perhaps an earlier version will work with the E2? Any
> information or suggestions are welcome.

I don't know the answer to your question, but I thought I'd let you
know that there's a way to run current versions OS X on older G3s:
XPostFacto. I'm assuming that you have a beige G3 if you could tun
10.2 but not 10.3:

http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/

--
Karl Garrison