DECK Noz posse Rock-hard Wall

Kindred,

I've always been fascinated by the wall strategy and having a penchant
for the uglies, I've tried my hand at making one starring the Nossies
and !Nossies.

Basic gameplay:
Get 3 vamps out, preferable two with for. Employ Raven Spies and/or Owl
Companions. Get Smiling Jack out and defend him.

ANI combat: Trap-DotB-Crows-Bats (press). Repeat. Prevent/Taste.

The Skin Mask will be used for tooling up, or in extreme cases, as a
source for intercept. Untaps with Guard Dogs and Cats' Guidance.

Should I junk one Owl for another Raven?
Add more Army of Rats?

Comments, please. TIA.

OW

Deck Name: Noz posse Rock-hard wall

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 18, Max: 28, Avg: 5.83)
1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Calebros obf pot ANI 5 Nosferatu
1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Cicatriz ani obf pot 5 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Christanius Lionel pot ANI OBF 6 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Gerard Rafin ani for OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
1 Alonzo Guillen ani for pot OBF 6 Nosferatu
4 Teresita for ANI OBF POT 7 Nosferatu
Antitribu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (14 cards)
1 Information Network
1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
1 KRCG News Radio
1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
1 Warning Sirens
4 Blood Doll
1 Rack, The
1 Nosferatu Kingdom
1 Obfuscate
1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1 Fortitude

Action (2 cards)
1 Shepherd`s Innocence
1 Army of Rats

Reaction (16 cards)
8 Cats` Guidance
8 Guard Dogs

Combat (40 cards)
4 Trap
6 Drawing Out the Beast
8 Aid from Bats
8 Carrion Crows
4 Taste of Vitae
2 Superior Mettle
2 Soak
2 Skin of Rock
2 Skin of Steel
2 Skin of Night

Retainer (9 cards)
6 Raven Spy
1 Murder of Crows
2 Owl Companion

Equipment (1 cards)
1 Changeling Skin Mask

Combo (8 cards)
8 Swallowed by the Night
11 answers Last reply
More about deck posse rock hard wall

    Try this deck one based on yours. It has some more proactivity as it
    will control better the table. Dreams of the Sphinx is essential in
    your deck as it allows you to avoid hand jam sometimes.

    Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 18, Max: 28, Avg: 5.83)
    1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
    Antitribu
    1 Calebros obf pot ANI 5 Nosferatu
    1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
    Antitribu
    1 Cicatriz ani obf pot 5 Nosferatu
    Antitribu
    1 Christanius Lionel pot ANI OBF 6 Nosferatu
    Antitribu
    1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
    Antitribu
    1 Gerard Rafin ani for OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
    1 Alonzo Guillen ani for pot OBF 6 Nosferatu
    4 Teresita for ANI OBF POT 7 Nosferatu
    Antitribu

    Library: (90 cards)
    -------------------
    Master (15 cards)
    1 Information Network
    1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
    1 KRCG News Radio
    1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
    4 Blood Doll
    1 Rack, The
    1 Nosferatu Kingdom
    2 Dreams of the Sphinx
    2 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
    1 Shakar (for Teresita)

    Action (8 cards)
    4 Bum's Rush
    2 Army of Rats
    2 Tier of Souls

    Action Modifier (4 cards)
    4 Forgotten Labyrinth

    Reaction (16 cards)
    6 Cats` Guidance
    2 Falcon's Eye
    8 Forced Awakening

    Combat (40 cards)
    4 Trap
    6 Drawing Out the Beast
    8 Aid from Bats
    8 Carrion Crows
    4 Taste of Vitae
    2 Superior Mettle
    4 Soak
    4 Skin of Steel

    Retainer (6 cards)
    3 Raven Spy
    1 Mr. Winthrop
    2 Owl Companion

    Equipment (1 cards)
    1 Palatial Estate

    I forgot to suggest some more interesting options for your deck if your
    metagame has plenty of heavy bleed decks (and your vampires can't
    deflect).
    Guardian Angel
    Archon Investigation
    Dummy Corporation

    Try also:
    Leather Jacket
    Ivory Bow

    ..- Luis Duarte

    "Odrich Wendergass" <gsanvic@gmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > Kindred,
    >
    > I've always been fascinated by the wall strategy and having a penchant
    > for the uglies, I've tried my hand at making one starring the Nossies
    > and !Nossies.
    >
    > Basic gameplay:
    > Get 3 vamps out, preferable two with for. Employ Raven Spies and/or Owl
    > Companions. Get Smiling Jack out and defend him.
    >
    > ANI combat: Trap-DotB-Crows-Bats (press). Repeat. Prevent/Taste.
    >
    > The Skin Mask will be used for tooling up, or in extreme cases, as a
    > source for intercept. Untaps with Guard Dogs and Cats' Guidance.
    >
    > Should I junk one Owl for another Raven?
    > Add more Army of Rats?
    >
    > Comments, please. TIA.
    >

    > OW
    >

    > Deck Name: Noz posse Rock-hard wall
    >
    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 18, Max: 28, Avg: 5.83)
    > 1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
    > Antitribu
    > 1 Calebros obf pot ANI 5 Nosferatu
    > 1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
    > Antitribu
    > 1 Cicatriz ani obf pot 5 Nosferatu
    > Antitribu
    > 1 Christanius Lionel pot ANI OBF 6 Nosferatu
    > Antitribu
    > 1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
    > Antitribu
    > 1 Gerard Rafin ani for OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
    > 1 Alonzo Guillen ani for pot OBF 6 Nosferatu
    > 4 Teresita for ANI OBF POT 7 Nosferatu
    > Antitribu
    >
    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (14 cards)
    > 1 Information Network
    > 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
    > 1 KRCG News Radio
    > 1 Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
    > 1 Warning Sirens
    > 4 Blood Doll
    > 1 Rack, The
    > 1 Nosferatu Kingdom
    > 1 Obfuscate
    > 1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
    > 1 Fortitude
    >
    > Action (2 cards)
    > 1 Shepherd`s Innocence
    > 1 Army of Rats
    >
    > Reaction (16 cards)
    > 8 Cats` Guidance
    > 8 Guard Dogs
    >
    > Combat (40 cards)
    > 4 Trap
    > 6 Drawing Out the Beast
    > 8 Aid from Bats
    > 8 Carrion Crows
    > 4 Taste of Vitae
    > 2 Superior Mettle
    > 2 Soak
    > 2 Skin of Rock
    > 2 Skin of Steel
    > 2 Skin of Night
    >
    > Retainer (9 cards)
    > 6 Raven Spy
    > 1 Murder of Crows
    > 2 Owl Companion
    >
    > Equipment (1 cards)
    > 1 Changeling Skin Mask
    >
    > Combo (8 cards)
    > 8 Swallowed by the Night

    if your deck is based on Smiling Jack, The Anarch, 1 won't be enought, you
    should add 3 or 4.
    I would diversify the reaction cards. The guard dogs are not efficient
    against an attempt to destroy Smiling Jack, put wakes or forced instead.
    Falcon's Eye or Instinctive Reaction cuold help too. I would drop Warning
    Sirens, Obfuscate skill and Changeling Skin Mask.

    Trim 10 cards, and then put in 2 army rats, 2 tier of souls, 2 computer
    hack, 2 bleed retainers, and 2 fame.

    Or any 10 cards that put pressure on your prey and actually oust (yes
    you have 2 currently, nowhere near enough).

    A good 6 cards should come out of your combat module, 30-34 should be
    plenty if they're the right ones.

    You may also want to consider cards to lower your preys blood so that
    the smiling jack (if you add more copies of that) will focus on them.
    Society of leopold, vampiric disease and the like. Even gregory
    winter.

    "Odrich Wendergass" <gsanvic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Kindred,
    >
    > I've always been fascinated by the wall strategy and having a penchant
    > for the uglies, I've tried my hand at making one starring the Nossies
    > and !Nossies.
    >
    > Basic gameplay:
    > Get 3 vamps out, preferable two with for. Employ Raven Spies and/or Owl
    > Companions. Get Smiling Jack out and defend him.

    Further implications:
    Take on the entire table. Get every minion on the board taking actions
    to remove Smiling Jack. Lose all your minions to shear exhaustion.
    Present undefended pool to predator. Become someone's free victory point
    bitch.

    "Odrich Wendergass" <gsanvic@gmail.com> schreef in bericht
    > Kindred,
    >
    > I've always been fascinated by the wall strategy and having a penchant
    > for the uglies, I've tried my hand at making one starring the Nossies
    > and !Nossies.
    >
    > Basic gameplay:
    > Get 3 vamps out, preferable two with for. Employ Raven Spies and/or Owl
    > Companions. Get Smiling Jack out and defend him.

    For this to work you should add cards that speed up the game. You want the
    game to go to 3 players asap for this strategy to work. Or alternatively,
    cards that slow the game down, like the Puritan Vampire hunter. You cannot
    deffend a Smiling Jack with 4 people comming for it.

    thanks for the replies, all. i'll report on the deck i'll bring to a
    casual game next week. interesting concepts!

    OW
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    I'm well aware of the possibilites, I have played anarchs long enough
    to know that I, personally, cannot handle more than an 80 card library.
    Things just don't work like they should when I go higher, despite
    raising the number of legacies/go anarch. So space is an issue. About
    Bobby and Ashton, you'll notice that superior animalism is absolutely
    necessary where I've only added a splash of potence-related cards. Your
    suggestions are cool, but it would require a complete re-working of the
    deck if I were to keep my self-imposed 80 card limit. Suggestions I'd
    consider would be raising the number of lids and groundfighting. Taste
    and Terror Frenzy I normally run in Animalism based decks, but here I
    don't have the space and would be the cards to cut. I can try and
    squeeze some in instead of the pack alpha, relying on fearsome combat
    in order to get my actions through. It's a possibility...
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Frederick Scott wrote:
    > "Odrich Wendergass" <gsanvic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Kindred,
    >>
    >>I've always been fascinated by the wall strategy and having a penchant
    >>for the uglies, I've tried my hand at making one starring the Nossies
    >>and !Nossies.
    >>
    >>Basic gameplay:
    >>Get 3 vamps out, preferable two with for. Employ Raven Spies and/or Owl
    >>Companions. Get Smiling Jack out and defend him.
    >

    > Further implications:
    > Take on the entire table. Get every minion on the board taking actions
    > to remove Smiling Jack. Lose all your minions to shear exhaustion.
    > Present undefended pool to predator. Become someone's free victory point
    > bitch.

    While that might happen it is not even close to sure that it will
    actually happen. Why?

    First: there needs always somebody who starts to take actions against SJ
    and the first few attempts will be prone to loosing vampires themselves.
    So who is the one going first? Of course the table MUST gang up against
    SJ but there are often better actions to take (e.g try to oust your
    prey) for one or the other minion.

    Second: Never play SJ while there are still 5 players on the table
    because you will most likely not be able to defend it. At least one or
    better two players need to be ousted first. With this kind of deck you
    are shooting at the 1VP plus staying alive type of gamewin situation
    anyway. And when there are 3 players left it is no big deal that the
    table gangs up against you because they are you prey/pred anyway ;-)

    And yes, add Milicent Smith, because that is just a great card for Wall
    decks. Slow everything down until you have set up properly.

    --
    johannes walch
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Johannes Walch" <johannes.walch@vekn.de> wrote in message
    > Frederick Scott wrote:
    >> "Odrich Wendergass" <gsanvic@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >>>Basic gameplay:
    >>>Get 3 vamps out, preferable two with for. Employ Raven Spies and/or Owl
    >>>Companions. Get Smiling Jack out and defend him.
    >>
    >> Further implications:
    >> Take on the entire table. Get every minion on the board taking actions
    >> to remove Smiling Jack. Lose all your minions to shear exhaustion.
    >> Present undefended pool to predator. Become someone's free victory point
    >> bitch.
    >
    > While that might happen it is not even close to sure that it will
    > actually happen. Why?
    >
    > First: there needs always somebody who starts to take actions against SJ
    > and the first few attempts will be prone to loosing vampires themselves.
    > So who is the one going first? Of course the table MUST gang up against
    > SJ but there are often better actions to take (e.g try to oust your
    > prey) for one or the other minion.

    Well, yea. This is one specific question out of a range of questions that
    the rest of the table has to deal with when contemplating acting against
    Smiling Jack. It is certainly possible that the other players will fail
    to colesce into a team that can successfully take out Jack but when that
    happens, I tend to write that off as poor play on their part. Competant
    players should not normally fail at this task, IMHO.

    > Second: Never play SJ while there are still 5 players on the table
    > because you will most likely not be able to defend it. At least one or
    > better two players need to be ousted first. With this kind of deck you
    > are shooting at the 1VP plus staying alive type of gamewin situation
    > anyway. And when there are 3 players left it is no big deal that the
    > table gangs up against you because they are you prey/pred anyway ;-)

    Interesting advice. I never thought about it that way. Thanks for the
    clue!

    Fred
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    just a footnote on this thread:

    i wasn't able to playtest the deck since i had too much fun with the
    other decks i built (take a look at "Potence of hordes" and "Messy
    Anarchs" threads).

    i'll take on the revisions when i get the appropriate cards. thanks.

    until then,

    OW

Video Games