Graphic/video card questions.

nagan

Distinguished
May 18, 2003
hi, all

I am putting up a system from scratch. It will be mainly used with Photoshop and a little bit of video editing (some introduction parts with COOL 3D Studio maybe). I am looking at two cards: GeForce3 Ti200 and GF4 Ti4200.

1. From the descriptions on pcusa.com, I think the Ti200 is great with Photoshop graphics, and the Ti4200 is better with audio and games (which I don't play). Which one should I get?

2. Either one has a TV-out, is that enough to output my litle video clips to my VX2000 camera, which has RCA (and S-Video) connections?

3. The motherboard has Audio out, is it enough for me to connect speakers to it? In other words, I wanna save and live without a sound card.

Thanks,

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
Yes to questions 2 and 3.
And NO the geforce 3 would not be better for photoshop than the geforce 4, and NO the geforce 4 would not be better for 'audio' (who the heck thought that up?).
If youre going to be using this card strictly for photoshop and editing I would recommend an ATI or Matrox card, because they have noticably better image quality than nVidia cards, and better TV out quality.

I would go with a Radeon 9100 in your case, look around, theyre pretty cheap.

Long live ATI.