Another deck to chew on - Brujah - comments please

Last response: in Video Games
September 15, 2005 4:48:49 AM

Deck Name: Another deck to chew on

Crypt: (12)
2 Volker pot CEL 5 Prince of Frankfurt G2
2 Rake pot aus cel PRE Prince of Atlanta G1
2 Anvil tha dom pre POT CEL Primogen G1
2 Theo Bell cel dom pre POT G2
2 Donal O'Connor DOM POT CEL G2
2 Constanza Vinti DOM POT CEL G2

Master:( 14)
1 Eldar Libary
4 Blood Doll
2 Minion Tap
2 Guardian Angel
1 Warzone HG
1 Celerity
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Fame
1 Al's Army Apparatus

Action/Equipment/Ally/Votes: (16)
3 Parity Shift
3 Legal Manipulations
3 Kine Resources Contested
2 Leather Jacket
2 Bang Nakh
2 .44 Magnum
1 Arms Dealer

Combat: (37)
4 Blur
3 Taste of Vitae
4 Pursuit
3 Acrobatics
3 Sideslip
6 Flash
4 Immortal Grapple
4 Torn Signpost
6 Undead Strength

Action Mod: (6)
2 Voter Captivation
4 Conditioning

Raection: (16)
4 Wake with Evening's Freshness
6 Second Tradition: Domain
7 Deflection

Comments:

This is my old EuroBrujah deck with some presence splashed in. I'm
trying to go the route of a fighty/bleed/vote deck with some intercept
and bounce splashed in.

Swept a four player table on it's first outing, it flowed nicely but
during the game it felt a little clunky.
September 15, 2005 11:09:24 PM

d21_aod@yahoo.com.au wrote:
> Deck Name: Another deck to chew on

> Crypt: (12)
> 2 Volker pot CEL 5 Prince of Frankfurt G2
> 2 Rake pot aus cel PRE Prince of Atlanta G1
> 2 Anvil tha dom pre POT CEL Primogen G1
> 2 Theo Bell cel dom pre POT G2
> 2 Donal O'Connor DOM POT CEL G2
> 2 Constanza Vinti DOM POT CEL G2
>
> Master:( 14)
> 1 Eldar Libary

Is the Elder Library doing a lot for you? The reason I ask is because I
would want to fit in an effective management with so many doubles, and
if you weren't dependent on the library, I would swap it for an
effective management.

> 4 Blood Doll
> 2 Minion Tap
> 2 Guardian Angel

I guess if you aren't seeing a lot of other combat decks, Guardian
Angels are a solid choice. In our local combat heavy land, torpor is
everyone's home away from home, and the guardian angel isn't worth the
pool.

> 1 Warzone HG
> 1 Celerity

Despite all the comments against skill cards around here, I still think
that they are strong, and would probably put in a second celerity
myself.

> 1 Dreams of the Sphinx
> 1 Fame

No rushes with Fame? Has it been helpful without them?

> 1 Al's Army Apparatus

I'm curious about this, too, but I guess it provides a lot of
flexibility with the four weapons you have as far as obtaining the
proper one for the game, for only 5 slots.

> Action/Equipment/Ally/Votes: (16)
> 3 Parity Shift
> 3 Legal Manipulations
> 3 Kine Resources Contested

I'd put in a disputed territory, but perhaps it isn't fast enough
compared to KRC.

> 2 Leather Jacket
> 2 Bang Nakh
> 2 .44 Magnum
> 1 Arms Dealer
>
> Combat: (37)
> 4 Blur
> 3 Taste of Vitae
> 4 Pursuit
> 3 Acrobatics
> 3 Sideslip
> 6 Flash
> 4 Immortal Grapple
> 4 Torn Signpost
> 6 Undead Strength

This looks strong to me. I like one copy of Infernal Pursuit, as it
clears out hand jam in a hurry, and helps in destroying minions. With
all your votes, I'd like an Amaranth in there. I also like side strike
for it's flexibility, and because I like dodges. Of course, you are at
37 cards here, and space may be an issue.

I'd also like to fit in some concealed weapons. I think 6 copies of
Flash is excellent. I still think it is the best combat card in the
game.

> Action Mod: (6)
> 2 Voter Captivation
> 4 Conditioning

You probably thought of this, but if blood on your minions is an issue,
Threats is pretty good. Also, I would swap one conditioning for a
Foreshadowing destruction, since you might be playing it as a finish
anyway.

> Raection: (16)
> 4 Wake with Evening's Freshness
> 6 Second Tradition: Domain
> 7 Deflection
>

> Comments:
>
> This is my old EuroBrujah deck with some presence splashed in. I'm
> trying to go the route of a fighty/bleed/vote deck with some intercept
> and bounce splashed in.
>
> Swept a four player table on it's first outing, it flowed nicely but
> during the game it felt a little clunky.

It looks pretty solid to me. Most of the changes I would make are, I
think, more matters of preference. I would alter the Master selection
quite a bit. The Angels I mentioned (I'd spend the pool on an intercept
location. The effective managements for the doubled crypt save on
resources, and can be played on Turn one, reducing master lock. I'd
also think about the storage annex as a cheap alternative to the Elder
Library.

Also, I would go with 16 masters, since I hate not using my master
phase. With 37 combat cards, even if you have a few masters in hand,
you should be Ok. A Flash and an Acrobatics in hand, and I would go
all the way to four Masters and wait it out, but I don't mind moving a
little slow, and most of the games I'm in go more towards 20 turns than
12.

Thanks for posting it.

-Dave Clooney
Anonymous
September 16, 2005 10:12:37 AM

Hi man! Maybe I can help you!

Crypt: (12)
2 Volker pot CEL 5 Prince of Frankfurt G2
2 Rake pot aus cel PRE Prince of Atlanta G1
2 Anvil tha dom pre POT CEL Primogen G1
2 Theo Bell cel dom pre POT G2
2 Donal O'Connor DOM POT CEL G2
2 Constanza Vinti DOM POT CEL G2

Good Crypt! Very solid mid-caps!

Master:( 14)
1 Eldar Libary
4 Blood Doll
2 Minion Tap
2 Guardian Angel
1 Warzone HG
1 Celerity
1 Dreams of the Sphinx
1 Fame
1 Al's Army Apparatus

I don´t konw about those masters! A lot of bloat! But the Elder
Library and one of the guardian angels could left. I agree with Dave!
You can put intercept locations, haven uncovered or Giant´s blood
maybe! The fame is strange too! You put in play, but can´t rush the
guy?
You seems to really like the equipments (Al´s Army and arms dealer)!

Action/Equipment/Ally/Votes: (16)
3 Parity Shift
3 Legal Manipulations
3 Kine Resources Contested
2 Leather Jacket
2 Bang Nakh
2 .44 Magnum
1 Arms Dealer

Cool! I exchange the legal manipulation for Governs!
Only 6 of your minions can use that and just 2 have the superior
presence. If you put governs, you can use the basic level with 8 and
the superior with 4. Dave has a good point, maybe one disputed
territory. Archon is a good choice too.
You really like your equipments, doesn´t you? A sport bike seems to
fit here!

Combat: (37)
4 Blur
3 Taste of Vitae
4 Pursuit
3 Acrobatics
3 Sideslip
6 Flash
4 Immortal Grapple
4 Torn Signpost
6 Undead Strength

I like one or two preternatural evasion for some dangerous combats.
Psyche! could help you too.

Action Mod: (6)
2 Voter Captivation
4 Conditioning

Good!

Raection: (16)
4 Wake with Evening's Freshness
6 Second Tradition: Domain
7 Deflection

Ok!

I think that´s a good deck! If some more intercept, you can stop more
things and crush you opponents.

I hope that I could help!

Marcelo Mello
!