Basically looking for a laptop I can take to school/out of town when needed, that also has the ability to play bf3, SWtor, SC2, Diablo 3. Doesn't have to be one of those ultra thins, just need some portability since this will be mostly for school.
1. What is your budget?
1110, but I'd rather pay around $800. I know gaming laptops usually fall around 1k, but considering I will only be gaming on this when I'm not at home, im not sure if its worth forking out an extra $200.
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
Small enough for travelling so 14- 15.6" ?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Honestly not too sure, its mainly for school/work but again i'd like to be able to game if i'm ever not at home. 13xx-9xx should be ok I think.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
not too sure here I imagine i'll be able to plug in *most* places.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
I want to play Battlefield 3, SWTOR, diablo 3, and SC2...games like bf3 that are demanding I don't mind low-med settings around 40-50fps. SW, diablo and SC2 I'd hope to be able to play at least medium running 60fps ish.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
math, programming, maya2012, source SDK, photoshop will be my main use, but i'd like to be able to game on the go.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
500G to 1 TB
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Open to all sites.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
2-3 years hopefully, mainly looking for something that will get me through school. After I graduate I can buy a sick sager laptop
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
doesn't matter, i guess DVDrom if anything...
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Something reliable, i'm a newb with laptops.
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
2GB AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7690M GDDR5 Discrete Graphics(TM) [HDMI, VGA]
FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
No Additional Office Software
No additional security software
30% OFF 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
15.6" High Definition HP LED Brightview (1366x768)
FREE UPGRADE to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad
HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope
The 9-cell battery will stick out of the bottom of the laptop, but it will give you better cooling and 4 hours of battery life. If you really don't want something sticking out of the bottom then just go with the high capacity 6-cell.