New Mechanic Idea

That OTHER card game, has a new mechanic for its latest set, that I've
kind of converted to have a good use in VTES. As such:

"Reinforce: A vampire in your uncontrolled region with this keyword may
be removed from the game by spending four transfers. If you do so
search your crypt for a vampire of capacity equal to the capacity of
the vampire so removed and put it into your uncontrolled region.
Shuffle."

Basically gives more use for unused crypt slots, helps maximize crypt
choices, perhaps even diversify them, get around contestion a bit,
assists larger capacity decks (depending on who gets the reinforce
keyword). Granted this keyword can be tweaked a bit. Capacity less
than. Sect the same. Same clan. But the one above doesn't need printed
on ever card, and works nicely abbreiviated as just 'reinforce' and
doesn't really need printed in too much detail on every card that
includes it. Like keywords in That Other Game.

Thoughts? (I know. YOu're all engrossed in this Nergel and Laibon
thing!)

~SV
5 answers Last reply
More about mechanic idea

    I like it. My own suggestion for the keyword would be "With a capacity
    less than the current vampire, and of the same clan." Good for end
    game if you wind up with 6 pool and your smallest vamp is a 7 cap.
    Actual game quote "if only I would've gotten Jezebelle instead of
    Ryder."
    -Bear

    This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
    game should actually be called the "Scottish game".

    This deriving from the age old theater tradition of not mentioning
    Shakespeare's play "Macbeth" by name but instead referring it as "The
    Scottish Play" because the play's subject matter was considered to vile
    to reference directly.

    Ari

    Eldacar351 wrote:

    > This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
    > game should actually be called the "Scottish game".

    Or, ya know, you could just call it "Magic".

    But that's crazy talk! How can we be truly elitist geeks if don't prove our
    higher level of geekiness by insulting the other geeky things that people
    who aren't as geeky cool as we are think are cool! Then we couldn't be the
    coolest of the geeks!

    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
    easily spilled liquids to naked people."
    -Brittni Meil

    On Sun, 17 Sep 2005, Eldacar351 wrote:

    > This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
    > game should actually be called the "Scottish game".
    >
    > This deriving from the age old theater tradition of not mentioning
    > Shakespeare's play "Macbeth" by name but instead referring it as "The
    > Scottish Play" because the play's subject matter was considered to vile
    > to reference directly.

    No, it's because the play is Cursed. "The Seattle Game" is more
    apropriate, or maybe "That Dueling Game".

    -Gregory Stuart Pettigrew

    Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Sep 2005, Eldacar351 wrote:
    >
    > > This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
    > > game should actually be called the "Scottish game".
    > >
    > > This deriving from the age old theater tradition of not mentioning
    > > Shakespeare's play "Macbeth" by name but instead referring it as "The
    > > Scottish Play" because the play's subject matter was considered to vile
    > > to reference directly.
    > >

    > No, it's because the play is Cursed. "The Seattle Game" is more
    > apropriate, or maybe "That Dueling Game".

    No, Duelmasters would be "That dueling game" I like "the seattle game"
    not to be confused with all those OTHER seattle games out there... ?

Games Video Games