New Mechanic Idea

Last response: in Video Games
September 16, 2005 10:48:54 PM

That OTHER card game, has a new mechanic for its latest set, that I've
kind of converted to have a good use in VTES. As such:

"Reinforce: A vampire in your uncontrolled region with this keyword may
be removed from the game by spending four transfers. If you do so
search your crypt for a vampire of capacity equal to the capacity of
the vampire so removed and put it into your uncontrolled region.
Shuffle."

Basically gives more use for unused crypt slots, helps maximize crypt
choices, perhaps even diversify them, get around contestion a bit,
assists larger capacity decks (depending on who gets the reinforce
keyword). Granted this keyword can be tweaked a bit. Capacity less
than. Sect the same. Same clan. But the one above doesn't need printed
on ever card, and works nicely abbreiviated as just 'reinforce' and
doesn't really need printed in too much detail on every card that
includes it. Like keywords in That Other Game.

Thoughts? (I know. YOu're all engrossed in this Nergel and Laibon
thing!)

~SV

More about : mechanic idea

Anonymous
September 17, 2005 5:21:27 AM

I like it. My own suggestion for the keyword would be "With a capacity
less than the current vampire, and of the same clan." Good for end
game if you wind up with 6 pool and your smallest vamp is a 7 cap.
Actual game quote "if only I would've gotten Jezebelle instead of
Ryder."
-Bear
Anonymous
September 18, 2005 2:25:34 AM

This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
game should actually be called the "Scottish game".

This deriving from the age old theater tradition of not mentioning
Shakespeare's play "Macbeth" by name but instead referring it as "The
Scottish Play" because the play's subject matter was considered to vile
to reference directly.

Ari
September 18, 2005 2:15:03 PM

Eldacar351 wrote:

> This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
> game should actually be called the "Scottish game".

Or, ya know, you could just call it "Magic".

But that's crazy talk! How can we be truly elitist geeks if don't prove our
higher level of geekiness by insulting the other geeky things that people
who aren't as geeky cool as we are think are cool! Then we couldn't be the
coolest of the geeks!

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
September 19, 2005 6:27:18 PM

On Sun, 17 Sep 2005, Eldacar351 wrote:

> This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
> game should actually be called the "Scottish game".
>
> This deriving from the age old theater tradition of not mentioning
> Shakespeare's play "Macbeth" by name but instead referring it as "The
> Scottish Play" because the play's subject matter was considered to vile
> to reference directly.

No, it's because the play is Cursed. "The Seattle Game" is more
apropriate, or maybe "That Dueling Game".

-Gregory Stuart Pettigrew
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 2:38:07 PM

Gregory Stuart Pettigrew wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2005, Eldacar351 wrote:
>
> > This is unrelated, but I'm trying to spread the notion that the OTHER
> > game should actually be called the "Scottish game".
> >
> > This deriving from the age old theater tradition of not mentioning
> > Shakespeare's play "Macbeth" by name but instead referring it as "The
> > Scottish Play" because the play's subject matter was considered to vile
> > to reference directly.
> >

> No, it's because the play is Cursed. "The Seattle Game" is more
> apropriate, or maybe "That Dueling Game".

No, Duelmasters would be "That dueling game" I like "the seattle game"
not to be confused with all those OTHER seattle games out there... ?
!