Temporary Predator/Prey Violations

Similar to the Prophecies/Gehenna storyline tournament, I think we
might be seeing the shape of things to come. Imagine being limitedly
able to restrict certain predator/prey relationships between
methuselah. Like consider:

New Threats:
Costs stuff. Action or master. unique
Put this card into play tapped and choose another methuselah. While
this card is untapped, the choosen methuselah is considered your prey,
and you are his predator. The previous predator of the choosen
methuselah looses his relationship with your new prey. Burn this card
at the end of any of your turns in which this card was untapped.

Or consider gaining yourself a new predator for a turn:

Out of turn master. Useable during your turn. Unique.
Choose another methuselah. Until your next discard phase, that player
is considered your predator and you, his prey. Maintain the same
relationship with your previous predator, except that should you be
ousted prior to your next discard phase, your predators split the
victory points, and pool reward (round up in the case of pool). When
you play this card, untap all of your minions.

or something like this... silly, but... its an area of exploration.
Sure. It violates predator prey relationships, but only for about one
turn.

Just a thought.
~SV

> It violates predator prey relationships,
> but only for about one turn.

I really hope that we never see a card like this. Fortunately, I think
we won't, and that makes me happy.

Ira

vermillian wrote:
> Similar to the Prophecies/Gehenna storyline tournament, I think we
> might be seeing the shape of things to come. Imagine being limitedly
> able to restrict certain predator/prey relationships between
> methuselah. Like consider:

Very different animals here. When Scott is designing a Gehenna
expansion and I'm designing a Gehenna Storyline event, we both read the
same WoD source materials. Sometimes the conversion from WoD material
to V:TES is so obvious that any two V:TES players probably would have
created something similar.

Anytime there's storyline stuff that also happens to have similar cards
in a future expansion it is just a coincidence.

-Robert

Robert Goudie
V:EKN Stoyrline Director
vtesstory@white-wolf.com

>Daneel wrote:
> Frankly, I don't mind that the seat switchers got banned from
> tournament play. I really don't think we should reopen this tunnel
> of exploration in any way. While your idea is interesting, I think
> it would, in practice, lead to a lot of frustrating VP-snatches.
>
> --
> Bye,
>
> Daneel

I personally miss seat switching. The only thing I didn't care for was
the time it took to move all your cards if it was near endgame. But I
thought of the so called "VP-Snatches" as part of the game.
-BEAR

Daneel wrote:
> On 16 Sep 2005 19:03:28 -0700, vermillian <vermillian69@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Similar to the Prophecies/Gehenna storyline tournament, I think we
> > might be seeing the shape of things to come. Imagine being limitedly
> > able to restrict certain predator/prey relationships between
> > methuselah. Like consider:
>
> Frankly, I don't mind that the seat switchers got banned from
> tournament play. I really don't think we should reopen this tunnel
> of exploration in any way. While your idea is interesting, I think
> it would, in practice, lead to a lot of frustrating VP-snatches.

I think the real big problem with DU and so on was of its a.)
instantaneous effect and b.) permanent duration (well... at least until
someone else called one).

Temporary predator prey additions, with sufficient warning, could make
for some interesting situations.

You'll just need time between declaration of a prey granting card and
its actual effects to kick off. Like a whole turn around the table
seems appropriate. And then give it a one turn shot. It'd have to be
timed properly. Perhaps the card I suggested could also split the VP
and pool with that persons 'real' predator as well.

Just a thought.

~SV

BearofMilwaukee wrote:

> I personally miss seat switching. The only thing I didn't care for was
> the time it took to move all your cards if it was near endgame. But I
> thought of the so called "VP-Snatches" as part of the game.

Ah, yes. 'Cause it was *good* to provide disincentive to try to oust your
prey.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

BearofMilwaukee wrote:
> I personally miss seat switching. The only thing I didn't care for was
> the time it took to move all your cards if it was near endgame. But I
> thought of the so called "VP-Snatches" as part of the game.

Like ante (and, to be pedantic, talking in rhyme), VP-snatches are only
part of the game in as far as the game allows.

Unlike ante, VP-snatching and talking in rhyme are still part of the game.
They're simply not part of the official competitive (tournament) game.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/