Just bit the bullet on a UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch

Hi all, Been looking at getting a new LCD monitor for my Dimension 4550 and
thanks to a recent post here found a coupon at techbargains.com for 30% off
a Dell 2005FPW 20.1 inch monitor on the SB site. List price $799 - 30% =
$559.30. Total with tax and 2-day shipping $606.86. The coupon code is
K8DT8B0WQLBDT5 This one and others for the E series-17" and 19" LCD's
expire tonight. I thought that maybe someone in the group was also looking
to buy themselves a nice Christmas present :)
Thanks to all and have a Happy Holiday Season, Pat Conover
Where is that UPS guy?

I may have jumped to quick after reading the backlight and other problems
people have had with this particular monitor. Hope mine isn't one of them.

Anyway, any recommendations for a new AGP video card for my Dimension 4550
that will provide DVI and support the monitors native 1680 X 1050
resolution? Probably looking for an ATI card with 128MB. Currently running
a GeForce4 MX 420 with 64MB. Thanks, Pat

"Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
> Hi all, Been looking at getting a new LCD monitor for my Dimension 4550
> and thanks to a recent post here found a coupon at techbargains.com for
> 30% off a Dell 2005FPW 20.1 inch monitor on the SB site. List price $799 -
> 30% = $559.30. Total with tax and 2-day shipping $606.86. The coupon
> code is K8DT8B0WQLBDT5 This one and others for the E series-17" and 19"
> LCD's expire tonight. I thought that maybe someone in the group was also
> looking to buy themselves a nice Christmas present :)
> Thanks to all and have a Happy Holiday Season, Pat Conover
> Where is that UPS guy?

I have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Great card and has built-in dual monitor
support. Can't guarantee 1680x1050 but I'd be surprised if it didn't.
Certainly supports 1600x1200 on my Samsung 213T.

Tom
>I may have jumped to quick after reading the backlight and other problems
>people have had with this particular monitor. Hope mine isn't one of them.
>
> Anyway, any recommendations for a new AGP video card for my Dimension 4550
> that will provide DVI and support the monitors native 1680 X 1050
> resolution? Probably looking for an ATI card with 128MB. Currently
> running a GeForce4 MX 420 with 64MB. Thanks, Pat
>
> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>> Hi all, Been looking at getting a new LCD monitor for my Dimension 4550
>> and thanks to a recent post here found a coupon at techbargains.com for
>> 30% off a Dell 2005FPW 20.1 inch monitor on the SB site. List price
>> $799 - 30% = $559.30. Total with tax and 2-day shipping $606.86. The
>> coupon code is K8DT8B0WQLBDT5 This one and others for the E series-17"
>> and 19" LCD's expire tonight. I thought that maybe someone in the group
>> was also looking to buy themselves a nice Christmas present :)
>> Thanks to all and have a Happy Holiday Season, Pat Conover
>> Where is that UPS guy?

Thanks Tom, But anything from ATI a little lower in price? Thanks, Pat

>I have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Great card and has built-in dual monitor
>support. Can't guarantee 1680x1050 but I'd be surprised if it didn't.
>Certainly supports 1600x1200 on my Samsung 213T.
>
> Tom
> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>>I may have jumped to quick after reading the backlight and other problems
>>people have had with this particular monitor. Hope mine isn't one of
>>them.
>>
>> Anyway, any recommendations for a new AGP video card for my Dimension
>> 4550 that will provide DVI and support the monitors native 1680 X 1050
>> resolution? Probably looking for an ATI card with 128MB. Currently
>> running a GeForce4 MX 420 with 64MB. Thanks, Pat
>>
>> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>>> Hi all, Been looking at getting a new LCD monitor for my Dimension 4550
>>> and thanks to a recent post here found a coupon at techbargains.com for
>>> 30% off a Dell 2005FPW 20.1 inch monitor on the SB site. List price
>>> $799 - 30% = $559.30. Total with tax and 2-day shipping $606.86. The
>>> coupon code is K8DT8B0WQLBDT5 This one and others for the E series-17"
>>> and 19" LCD's expire tonight. I thought that maybe someone in the group
>>> was also looking to buy themselves a nice Christmas present :)
>>> Thanks to all and have a Happy Holiday Season, Pat Conover
>>> Where is that UPS guy?

Been checking the ATI and NVidia sites and it doesn't look like anyone makes
an AGP card with the 2005FPW monitors native resolution of 1680 X 1050. If
that's the case I may just send it back. Anyone know of a AGP card that
supports 1680 X 1050 wide screens resolution? Thanks, Pat

> Thanks Tom, But anything from ATI a little lower in price? Thanks, Pat

>>I have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Great card and has built-in dual monitor
>>support. Can't guarantee 1680x1050 but I'd be surprised if it didn't.
>>Certainly supports 1600x1200 on my Samsung 213T.
>>
>> Tom
>> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>>>I may have jumped to quick after reading the backlight and other problems
>>>people have had with this particular monitor. Hope mine isn't one of
>>>them.
>>>
>>> Anyway, any recommendations for a new AGP video card for my Dimension
>>> 4550 that will provide DVI and support the monitors native 1680 X 1050
>>> resolution? Probably looking for an ATI card with 128MB. Currently
>>> running a GeForce4 MX 420 with 64MB. Thanks, Pat
>>>
>>> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message

Don't the NVIDIA 6800 cards support up to 2048x1536?

> Been checking the ATI and NVidia sites and it doesn't look like anyone
> makes an AGP card with the 2005FPW monitors native resolution of 1680
> X 1050. If that's the case I may just send it back. Anyone know of a
> AGP card that supports 1680 X 1050 wide screens resolution? Thanks,
> Pat
>
> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>> Thanks Tom, But anything from ATI a little lower in price? Thanks,
>> Pat
>>
>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message
>>>I have the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Great card and has built-in dual
>>>monitor support. Can't guarantee 1680x1050 but I'd be surprised if
>>>it didn't. Certainly supports 1600x1200 on my Samsung 213T.
>>>
>>> Tom
>>> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message

Pen Yes, several do, but none seem to support the wide screen of the 2005FPW
resolution. Thanks, Pat

"Pen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Don't the NVIDIA 6800 cards support up to 2048x1536?
>
> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>> Been checking the ATI and NVidia sites and it doesn't look like anyone
>> makes an AGP card with the 2005FPW monitors native resolution of 1680 X
>> 1050. If that's the case I may just send it back. Anyone know of a AGP
>> card that supports 1680 X 1050 wide screens resolution? Thanks, Pat
>>
>> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>>> Thanks Tom, But anything from ATI a little lower in price? Thanks, Pat
>>>
>>> "Tom Scales" <tomtoo@softhome.net> wrote in message

Just an update, I just hooked my 2005FPW up to my Dimension 4550. Simply
stunning! I was a little worried after I ordered it because of reading on
the dell forums about all of the problems people have had with this monitor,
backlight leakage at the corners, etc. This one was manufactured December
2004 Rev 00. I ran some tests and so far zero bad pixels and no backlight
leaks that I can see.

Currently using my OEM NVidia GeForce4 MX with TV out 64MB card in analog
mode. I didn't think this card would support the native 1680 X 1050
resolution. But, a new driver download from the NVidia site fixed that too!
It also added the portrait and landscape settings.

Circuit city has the ATI 9800Pro 128MB card on sale for $180 after rebates.
Thanks to Tom Scales for recommending that card, I may just pick on up for
the DVI input. Pat

> Pen Yes, several do, but none seem to support the wide screen of the
> 2005FPW resolution. Thanks, Pat
>
> "Pen" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Don't the NVIDIA 6800 cards support up to 2048x1536?
>>
>> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>>> Been checking the ATI and NVidia sites and it doesn't look like anyone
>>> makes an AGP card with the 2005FPW monitors native resolution of 1680 X
>>> 1050. If that's the case I may just send it back. Anyone know of a AGP
>>> card that supports 1680 X 1050 wide screens resolution? Thanks, Pat
>>>
>>> "Pat Conover" <pat conover at comcast dot net> wrote in message

TRENDING THREADS