Internal Recursion Question

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

Caliban bleeds
Krassimir blocks and plays Internal Recursion for the presence ability:
"This blocking vampire can end combat as a strike during the resulting
combat. If he or she does so and the acting minion is an ally or a younger
vampire, this blocking vampire untaps."
Caliban strikes hands
Krassimir ends combat
Caliban plays Telepathic Tracking at superior: "Only usable when both
combatants are still ready and combat is about to end (with no uncanceled
press to continue). Combat does not end; another round starts."

Since Internal Recursion just says "can end combat as a strike during the
resulting combat" can Krassimir again end combat in the next round?

Or is this an example of "During X do Y" so that Krassimir can only once end
combat.

Thanks!

NW

Name wrote:
> Caliban bleeds
> Krassimir blocks and plays Internal Recursion for the presence ability:
> "This blocking vampire can end combat as a strike during the resulting
> combat. If he or she does so and the acting minion is an ally or a younger
> vampire, this blocking vampire untaps."
> Caliban strikes hands
> Krassimir ends combat
> Caliban plays Telepathic Tracking at superior: "Only usable when both
> combatants are still ready and combat is about to end (with no uncanceled
> press to continue). Combat does not end; another round starts."
>
> Since Internal Recursion just says "can end combat as a strike during the
> resulting combat" can Krassimir again end combat in the next round?
>
> Or is this an example of "During X do Y" so that Krassimir can only once end
> combat.

Um.
The former.
Sure.

And have him send me a postcard when it happens, OK?

:)

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

pat

Expert

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Name wrote:
>> Caliban bleeds
>> Krassimir blocks and plays Internal Recursion for the presence ability:
>> "This blocking vampire can end combat as a strike during the resulting
>> combat. If he or she does so and the acting minion is an ally or a
>> younger
>> vampire, this blocking vampire untaps."
>> Caliban strikes hands
>> Krassimir ends combat
>> Caliban plays Telepathic Tracking at superior: "Only usable when both
>> combatants are still ready and combat is about to end (with no uncanceled
>> press to continue). Combat does not end; another round starts."
>>
>> Since Internal Recursion just says "can end combat as a strike during the
>> resulting combat" can Krassimir again end combat in the next round?
>>
>> Or is this an example of "During X do Y" so that Krassimir can only once
>> end
>> combat.
>
> Um.
> The former.
> Sure.
>
> And have him send me a postcard when it happens, OK?
>
> :)

"Him"? Surely not a reversal of the epochal Krassimir's gender ruling? ;)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f687ef405dd83a81

- Pat

"Pat" <patrick.lusk.nospam@comcast.nyetspam.net> wrote in message

[snip]

> "Him"? Surely not a reversal of the epochal Krassimir's gender ruling? ;)
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f687ef405dd83a81
>
> - Pat

If you actually read the cited post, you will discover that LSJ refers to
Krassimir's "genger" as opposed to its "gender".

Once again, LSlippyJ has gotten the better of us. ; )

--
Mike Ooi
"You have left the world. Click to continue."

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

LSJ <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
> > Since Internal Recursion just says "can end combat as a strike during
the
> > resulting combat" can Krassimir again end combat in the next round?
> >
> > Or is this an example of "During X do Y" so that Krassimir can only once
end
> > combat.
>
> Um.
> The former.
> Sure.
>
> And have him send me a postcard when it happens, OK?
>
> :)

Okay, one metaphorical postcard is in the mail. This actually just happened
tonight. :)

Thanks for the quick reply.

"LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Name wrote:
>
>> Caliban bleeds
>> Krassimir blocks and plays Internal Recursion for the presence ability:
>> "This blocking vampire can end combat as a strike during the resulting
>> combat. If he or she does so and the acting minion is an ally or a
>> younger
>> vampire, this blocking vampire untaps."
>> Caliban strikes hands
>> Krassimir ends combat
>> Caliban plays Telepathic Tracking at superior: "Only usable when both
>> combatants are still ready and combat is about to end (with no uncanceled
>> press to continue). Combat does not end; another round starts."
>>
>> Since Internal Recursion just says "can end combat as a strike during the
>> resulting combat" can Krassimir again end combat in the next round?
>>
>> Or is this an example of "During X do Y" so that Krassimir can only once
>> end
>> combat.
>
> Um.
> The former.
> Sure.
>
> And have him send me a postcard when it happens, OK?

While granting that this is not a situation likely to come up too often, it
seems like Internal Recursion should still be governed by "during X do Y"
even though it's phrased "can do Y during X". At least, that was true for
Angela Preston and Michael Luther, as seen in this earlier ruling:

groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/828a92eba9618e94

Josh

sometime archivist of cornercase rules

Joshua Duffin wrote:

> "LSJ" <vtesrepSPAM@TRAPwhite-wolf.com> wrote in message
>
>>Name wrote:
>>

>>>Caliban bleeds
>>>Krassimir blocks and plays Internal Recursion for the presence ability:
>>>"This blocking vampire can end combat as a strike during the resulting
>>>combat. If he or she does so and the acting minion is an ally or a
>>>younger
>>>vampire, this blocking vampire untaps."
>>>Caliban strikes hands
>>>Krassimir ends combat
>>>Caliban plays Telepathic Tracking at superior: "Only usable when both
>>>combatants are still ready and combat is about to end (with no uncanceled
>>>press to continue). Combat does not end; another round starts."
>>>
>>>Since Internal Recursion just says "can end combat as a strike during the
>>>resulting combat" can Krassimir again end combat in the next round?
>>>
>>>Or is this an example of "During X do Y" so that Krassimir can only once
>>>end
>>>combat.
>>
>>Um.
>>The former.
>>Sure.
> While granting that this is not a situation likely to come up too often, it
> seems like Internal Recursion should still be governed by "during X do Y"
> even though it's phrased "can do Y during X". At least, that was true for
> Angela Preston and Michael Luther, as seen in this earlier ruling:
>
> groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/828a92eba9618e94

Excellent, thanks.

REVERSAL of Internal Recursion ruling above -- it can only be done once
in the resulting combat.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/