Wifi on Tungsten W

July 1, 2005 4:21:49 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to connect Tungsten W using palm wifi card?
Any other wifi card that can be used with it?

--
mike
mike's Profile: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/member.php?userid=...

More about : wifi tungsten

Anonymous
July 1, 2005 4:59:00 PM

Not possible with the slot on that phone (will run the palm Bluetooth Card
with a driver update). The only exception would be, an add on called the
Enfora WiFi Add On. Its a wallet with a WiFi trnasmitter that sits beside
the unit and connects by infrRed, and lkast I looked your talking $200-$250.
Keep in mind that the Tungsten W is running OS 4 and only has a 33MHZ CPU.
World probably be a waste of money, unless you could get one Heck of a deal.

"mike" <mdepth@privacy.net> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to connect Tungsten W using palm wifi card?
> Any other wifi card that can be used with it?
>

> --
> mike
> mike's Profile: http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/member.php?userid=...
> View this thread:
http://www.micromagiclabs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2...
> visit our palm forums at http://forums.micromagiclabs.com

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 12:08:45 PM

"PDA Man" <pdaman@man.net> wrote in message
news:p fednT9pU8wZ61jfRVn-qg@comcast.com...

[snip]

> Keep in mind that the Tungsten W is running OS 4 and only has a 33MHZ CPU.
> World probably be a waste of money, unless you could get one Heck of a
> deal.

How so? For PDA stuff my Tungsten W kicks the butt of Charlie's T3. How
so? Mainly because my battery just goes on and on and on....

--
The DervMan
www.dervman.com

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:21:49 -0300, mike <mdepth@privacy.net> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to connect Tungsten W using palm wifi card?
No.

>Any other wifi card that can be used with it?

No.

However, Enfora has a Sled for WiFi.

--
John Bartley K7AAY USBC/DO PDX OR USA
"This is a carburetor," Hank tells his son. "Take it apart, put it back together; repeat until you're normal." - KOTH