Ahrimanes Deck - Urgent Help Needed

I need advice with this deck with some urgency.
Tomorrow i will probably play my last V:TES game with my best friend,
who is going away to do an internship in London.

So i want tomorrow to be memorable, in the "What a giant Whupp*ss i
took" kind of way.

So here is it:

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 32, Avg: 6,83)
4 Siamese ani PRE pro SPI 7, Ahrimanes:2
3 Cynthia Ingold ani for pre SPI 6, Ahrimanes:2
4 Howler ANI obf PRE SPI 8, Ahrimanes:2
1 Juanita Santiago ani pre spi 4, Ahrimanes:2

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (18 cards)
3 Animalism
3 Blood Doll
1 Club Zombie
3 Guardian Angel
2 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
3 Life in the City
1 Millicent Smith, Puritan Vampire Hunter
1 Powerbase: Barranquilla
1 Powerbase: Montreal

Action (6 cards)
1 Muricia's Call
5 Zillah's Tears

Reaction (21 cards)
4 Cats' Guidance
7 Falcon's Eye
10 Speak with Spirits

Combat (21 cards)
3 Aid from Bats
4 Carrion Crows
7 Pack Alpha
7 Staredown

Retainer (10 cards)
2 Murder of Crows
8 Raptor

Equipment (3 cards)
1 Ivory Bow
1 Mark V
1 Sawed-Off Shotgun

Combo (11 cards)
11 Swiftness of the Stag

Thanks in advance.
20 answers Last reply
More about ahrimanes deck urgent needed

    change 1 siamese and 1 ingold for 1 nettie and 1 juanita (i've played
    that crypt for quiet a while, if you add 1 more Ani skill card it's
    very nice).
    Change 2 Swiftness for 2 more Carrion Crows, i play with 7 Cat's and 4
    Falcon's Eye, maybe you want to change that.

    What's your metagame?

    Fortunately (or unfortunately) i have a little bit of everything in my
    metagame. But i'm hoping for a heavy rush environment with some bleed.

    Omael wrote:
    > change 1 siamese and 1 ingold for 1 nettie and 1 juanita (i've played
    > that crypt for quiet a while, if you add 1 more Ani skill card it's
    > very nice).
    > Change 2 Swiftness for 2 more Carrion Crows, i play with 7 Cat's and 4
    > Falcon's Eye, maybe you want to change that.
    >
    > What's your metagame?

    Then Change the aid from bats to chameleons colors, it's really
    versatile.

    rrcolaco@gmail.com wrote:
    > I need advice with this deck with some urgency.
    > Tomorrow i will probably play my last V:TES game with my best friend,
    > who is going away to do an internship in London.
    >
    > So i want tomorrow to be memorable, in the "What a giant Whupp*ss i
    > took" kind of way.
    >
    > So here is it:

    I have no experience playing Ahrimanes myself, but I will base my
    little advice on our Ahrimane deck played by our prince, iirc twice a
    tournament-winner and few times in a final. a nightmare for my weenie
    decks.

    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 32, Avg: 6,83)
    > 4 Siamese ani PRE pro SPI 7, Ahrimanes:2
    > 3 Cynthia Ingold ani for pre SPI 6, Ahrimanes:2
    > 4 Howler ANI obf PRE SPI 8, Ahrimanes:2
    > 1 Juanita Santiago ani pre spi 4, Ahrimanes:2

    throw out at least one Cynthia and one Siamese for some weenie ani
    support - Zip and Gillian Krader would be ideal, they are sabbat, are
    able to cycle zillah tears.

    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (18 cards)
    > 3 Animalism
    > 3 Blood Doll
    > 1 Club Zombie
    not worth the pool
    > 3 Guardian Angel
    two might be enough
    > 2 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
    > 3 Life in the City
    > 1 Millicent Smith, Puritan Vampire Hunter
    not sure. might be fun.
    > 1 Powerbase: Barranquilla
    > 1 Powerbase: Montreal
    consider the Rack, Fame, Path of Lilith and definitely Erciyes Fragment
    - in the endgame, this card reads "You win".

    > Action (6 cards)
    > 1 Muricia's Call
    > 5 Zillah's Tears
    Nose of the Hound. I like to include 1-3 rush in every blockdeck I
    build, and if you have the best rush card in the game? :) also see the
    Fame and Path above. two Zillah's might be Engling Fury. Aranthebes, if
    you have it. definitely.

    > Reaction (21 cards)
    > 4 Cats' Guidance
    > 7 Falcon's Eye
    > 10 Speak with Spirits
    >
    > Combat (21 cards)
    > 3 Aid from Bats
    > 4 Carrion Crows
    > 7 Pack Alpha
    > 7 Staredown
    more Crows'n'Bats, less staredowns and packs. taste of vitae!

    > Retainer (10 cards)
    > 2 Murder of Crows
    > 8 Raptor
    Raptors are fun, but too expensive, too weak with just one life, and
    usually just help your opponents cycle cards. play with the raven
    spies. and 6 is definitely enough.

    > Equipment (3 cards)
    > 1 Ivory Bow
    > 1 Mark V
    > 1 Sawed-Off Shotgun
    Howler can't use weapons. if you influence her first (and you should),
    these cards will just clog your hand. ANI combat, supported by
    swiftness of the stag should be scary enough.

    > Combo (11 cards)
    > 11 Swiftness of the Stag
    maybe too many.

    so, in conclusion, if you throw away 2 pack alpha, 2 staredown, two
    raptors, all the equipment and 2 swiftness, you have 11 slots for nose
    of the hound, carrion crows, aid from bats and maybe 2 Enchant Kindred,
    Army of Rats, or more untaps, or whatever. one surprise aire of
    elation?

    > Thanks in advance.
    You are welcome :)

    > Tomorrow i will probably play my last V:TES game with my best friend,
    > who is going away to do an internship in London.

    London UK? Has he contacted Mike Nudd?

    > So i want tomorrow to be memorable, in the "What a giant Whupp*ss i
    > took" kind of way.
    >
    > So here is it:
    >
    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 22, Max: 32, Avg: 6,83)
    > 4 Siamese ani PRE pro SPI 7, Ahrimanes:2
    > 3 Cynthia Ingold ani for pre SPI 6, Ahrimanes:2
    > 4 Howler ANI obf PRE SPI 8, Ahrimanes:2
    > 1 Juanita Santiago ani pre spi 4, Ahrimanes:2

    Pretty good, although I would add a couple of smaller vampires to try and up
    the number you get into play - Bear Paw is good, or Zip.

    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (18 cards)
    > 3 Animalism
    > 3 Blood Doll
    > 1 Club Zombie
    > 3 Guardian Angel
    > 2 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
    > 3 Life in the City
    > 1 Millicent Smith, Puritan Vampire Hunter
    > 1 Powerbase: Barranquilla
    > 1 Powerbase: Montreal
    >
    > Action (6 cards)
    > 1 Muricia's Call
    > 5 Zillah's Tears
    >
    > Reaction (21 cards)
    > 4 Cats' Guidance
    > 7 Falcon's Eye
    > 10 Speak with Spirits
    >
    > Combat (21 cards)
    > 3 Aid from Bats
    > 4 Carrion Crows
    > 7 Pack Alpha
    > 7 Staredown
    >
    > Retainer (10 cards)
    > 2 Murder of Crows
    > 8 Raptor
    >
    > Equipment (3 cards)
    > 1 Ivory Bow
    > 1 Mark V
    > 1 Sawed-Off Shotgun

    Howler can't use any of these - not necessaily a problem, but you might be
    better off with non weapon equipment such as IR goggles or Laptop for the
    oust.

    > Combo (11 cards)
    > 11 Swiftness of the Stag

    Other than that looks pretty good. Let me know how it gets on, and perhaps
    I will post it up in a future newsletter.

    Sam Marsh, Prince of Bath & Ahrimane NL Author.

    > Thanks in advance.

    How was your game?

    "Omael" <omael.rangel@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > How was your game?

    Great! How was yours?
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    good too, i got 1 spontaneus power and i put it in instead of 1
    animalism :)
  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Definetely one Owl Compagnon. It rocks to know the hand of your
    opponent.

    And replace some Raven Spys (better than Raptors) with Muricias Call.
    If you have enough Intercept, you can pick the Owl Compagnons instead.
  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > good too, i got 1 spontaneus power and i put it in instead of 1
    > animalism :)

    Into what?
  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    <x5mofr@gmx.de> wrote in message
    > Definetely one Owl Compagnon. It rocks to know the hand of your
    > opponent.

    Definately one Owl Compagnon WHAT?!?

    1. Try quoting for context.

    2. ...Or at least using a verb in your sentences.

    3. ...Or at least spelling card names correctly.

    Meaningless giberish is off-topic for this newsgroup. I checked
    the charter.

    Fred
  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Hey Fred,

    > > Definetely one Owl Compagnon. It rocks to know the hand of your
    > > opponent.
    >
    > Definately one Owl Compagnon WHAT?!?
    > 1. Try quoting for context.
    > 2. ...Or at least using a verb in your sentences.
    > 3. ...Or at least spelling card names correctly.
    >
    > Meaningless giberish is off-topic for this newsgroup. I checked
    > the charter.

    Just to add another datapoint, I understood the context of the original
    post, the meaning that the poster intended to convey, and the card to
    which he was referring.

    In fact, I'd guess that Fred also understood all of those things as
    well (except perhaps the first.)

    I think it's a palasnt thng of huamn commnicsion that we can undersatn
    writn ocmmuncaiton that ahs lotsn of sstatic. Unliek Fred, who seesmn
    to be annoyed by than amzing ksill whcjh we all posses.

    I think it's a pleasant thing of human communication that we can
    understand written communication that has lots of static. Unlike Fred,
    who seems to be annoyed by that amazing skill which we all possess.

    Ira
  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Might as well turn Fred's recent bout of 'being more of an asshat than
    usual' into a game then. Roll up, roll up folks, It's time for:

    Fredd Scott's Game of Thread Content Recognition for Fred, retards and
    people with A.D.D!

    So, just where did Omeal put that Sponteaneous Power? Was it:

    a) Into an Ahrimanes deck instead of an Animalism skill card

    b) Into Fred's ass, shutting him up for a second
    or
    C) Into the draw to host the 2016 Olympic Games

    Matt.
  14. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    <ira212@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Meaningless giberish is off-topic for this newsgroup. I checked
    >> the charter.
    >
    > Just to add another datapoint, I understood the context of the original
    > post, the meaning that the poster intended to convey, and the card to
    > which he was referring.
    >
    > In fact, I'd guess that Fred also understood all of those things as
    > well

    You should also guess Fred is not really that interested in this thread
    as he getting it through certain peoples' heads that USENET IS *NOT*
    E-MAIL. YOU ARE POSTING TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE. So they need to start
    writing real posts, not disconnected snippets of meaningless garbage
    that force other people to hunt through long threads - if they can -
    to figure out what the hell they're talking about.

    > I think it's a pleasant thing of human communication that we can
    > understand written communication that has lots of static.

    Perhaps. But it would be even more pleasant if we weren't forced to
    do so.

    Fred
  15. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Hey James,

    > It's not a question of being able to fill in gaps.

    When Fred criticizes someone's poor spelling and sentence fragments, I
    think that's a matter of filling in the gaps.

    > They haven't given any context, so for all we know the article they're
    > responded to might be entirely at random

    I really wish I knew how many people used Google, and how many people
    used some other program.

    The way I look at this newsgroup (and the internet in general) is that
    if you get anything more than complete gibberish, you're ahead. I
    guess that's why the periodic post that totally violates netiquette
    just doesn't bother me.

    Also, I use google groups. :)

    > Sadly, those posting from groups.google.com often seem to think
    > that those established traditions don't apply to them. :-(

    Personally, I think it's incompetence or ignorance. Even if it is
    selfishness or laziness as you suspect, what's the point of Fred's
    response (which is what spurred my response)? The best reasons I can
    come up with are:

    1) To vent frustrations
    2) To attempt to improve someone else's behavior for the benefit of all
    mankind (or at least the readers of this newsgroup.)

    If it's #1, I find that a greater sin than the post that breached
    netiquette, since whining is a waste of everyone's time, and the post
    in question was actually attempting to help someone (even if somewhat
    incompetently.)

    If it's #2, then I would encourage a friendlier tone in the future.

    Personally, I think it was a mix of #1 and #2. I bothered to make
    these recent posts on the slight chance I might bring about a change in
    the behavior the netiquette police.

    To be clear, I wholeheartedly encourage the efforts of everyone who is
    trying to make this a better newsgroup. For those that attempt to
    teach the newbies how to post appropriately, I simply encourage that to
    be done in the most friendly and polite way possible.

    Ira
  16. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

  17. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    > When he posts "What are you talking about?" in this thread, he's been
    > posting about the fact that people refuse to provide any context.

    What are you talking about?
  18. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    In message <1127725511.631004.202370@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
    "ira212@gmail.com" <ira212@gmail.com> writes:
    >Hey James,
    >
    >> It's not a question of being able to fill in gaps.
    >
    >When Fred criticizes someone's poor spelling and sentence fragments, I
    >think that's a matter of filling in the gaps.

    When he posts "What are you talking about?" in this thread, he's been
    posting about the fact that people refuse to provide any context.

    >> They haven't given any context, so for all we know the article they're
    >> responded to might be entirely at random
    >
    >I really wish I knew how many people used Google, and how many people
    >used some other program.

    Previous suggestions have placed use of Google at approximately 10%.
    However, note that Google has - in the past - had some extremely large
    delays on displaying posts (hours, perhaps, rather than minutes), so
    this benefits people using Google as well as those not doing so.

    >Also, I use google groups. :)

    Ah, "I'm all right, so the rest of you don't matter" argument. Very
    strong. Note that this is not a Google group. This group is not owned
    by Google. Google merely provide a portal to a network that they don't
    own.

    However, note also that Google recommend following netiquette anyway:
    <http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=12348&query=quote
    &topic=0&type=f>

    If you're going to claim that "I use Google", following what *they* say
    might well be useful.

    Summarize what you're following up.

    When you click "Reply" under "show options" to follow up an
    existing article, Google Groups includes the full article in
    quotes, with the cursor at the top of the article. Tempting
    though it is to just start typing your message, please STOP and
    do two things first. Look at the quoted text and remove parts
    that are irrelevant. Then, go to the BOTTOM of the article and
    start typing there. Doing this makes it much easier for your
    readers to get through your post. They'll have a reminder of the
    relevant text before your comment, but won't have to re-read the
    entire article. And if your reply appears on a site before the
    original article does, they'll get the gist of what you're
    talking about.

    >> Sadly, those posting from groups.google.com often seem to think
    >> that those established traditions don't apply to them. :-(
    >
    >Personally, I think it's incompetence or ignorance. Even if it is
    >selfishness or laziness as you suspect, what's the point of Fred's
    >response (which is what spurred my response)?

    I have not posted in support of Fred's posts. I merely made the point
    about the complete lack of context. Fred's decision to follow up lots
    of posts just to say "What are you talking about?" is the behaviour of
    an over-active five year old hyped on sugar who has access to an
    unlocked computer.

    Making the point in a real post is usually somewhat less stupid, as it
    wastes less time and bandwidth.

    --
    James Coupe
    PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

    In message <20050926160951.T53479@sidehack.gweep.net>, Gregory Stuart
    Pettigrew <etherial@sidehack.gweep.net> writes:
    >> When he posts "What are you talking about?" in this thread, he's been
    >> posting about the fact that people refuse to provide any context.
    >
    >What are you talking about?

    Easily worked out from the context I provided prior to my statement.

    --
    James Coupe
    PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.
    EBD690ECD7A1FB457CA2 NO-ONE IS SCREAMING.
  20. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    "Jazzbeaux" <sam.marsh@NOTrenelec.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Tomorrow i will probably play my last V:TES game with my best friend,
    > > who is going away to do an internship in London.
    >
    > London UK? Has he contacted Mike Nudd?

    Not so far, but he'd be more than welcome to join us if he'd like to get in
    touch... ;)

    Regards,

    Mike Nudd
    (VEKN Prince of London)