Official: Legacies of the Blood Promo Cards (spoilers)

Posted to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=news&articleid=296 (the
URL shows the art and full card images - both cards use full-color
versions of the original Kindred Most Wanted portraits by Ken Meyer
Jr):

----------------

Legacies of Blood Promos available now!
Magazine-only promos previewed here.

Genina, The Red Poet
Scrye #89. November 2005.
In stores now.

-----------------------

Genina, the Red Poet
Samedi
Group 3
8 capacity
aus cel for CHI OBF THN
Independent, Red List. If a blood hunt is successfully called on
Genina, she goes to torpor instead of being burned. Genina gets +1
stealth on diablerie actions and on undirected actions.

------------------------

Genina's Discipline spread makes her an interesting vampire. Having
Celerity and Fortitude gives her multi-action options like Freak Drive
and Forced March. She can use these cards to play multiple disruptive
Chimerstry actions. We can expect the multi-rush players to take
advantage of her Disciplines and specials. Her Red List disadvantage
may be a liability, but with cards like Regenerative Blood and Ashes to
Ashes, she'll be hard to put down for good. Genina may prove to be a
destructive force on the table.

Angelo
Game Trade Magazine #69. November 2005.
Available late October.

----------------------------

Angelo
Blood Brother
Group 3
7 capacity
pot vic CEL FOR SAN
Independent, Red List. All Blood Brothers may play cards that require
Sanguinus as if Angelo were a member of any circle. Angelo can burn a
location as a (D) action. He cannot have or use retainers. Sterile.

-----------------------------

First of all, Angelo's special is white hot for any Blood Brothers
deck. The ability to play with either or both current circles makes
Angelo versatile and a necessity in any Blood Brother deck. Angelo's
Disciplines lend to the "beats" side of deckbuilding with Potence,
Celerity, Vicissitude, and Fortitude. Additionally, his superior
Celerity and Fortitude let him act at +1 stealth with Forced March, an
ability the Blood Brothers had been lacking.

---------------------------

-John Flournoy
-posting this since Oscar's too lazy to - I mean, since he asked :p

Name wrote:
> John Flournoy <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Posted to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=news&articleid=296 (the
> > URL shows the art and full card images - both cards use full-color
> > versions of the original Kindred Most Wanted portraits by Ken Meyer
> > Jr):
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > Legacies of Blood Promos available now!
> > Magazine-only promos previewed here.
> >

> So we have to buy two magazines to get these vampires? Or will they be
> available eventually as prize-support/promos?

Looks like no one is fessing up to answer that quite yet. :)

Oscar

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2003

Name wrote:
> John Flournoy <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Posted to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=news&articleid=296 (the
> > URL shows the art and full card images - both cards use full-color
> > versions of the original Kindred Most Wanted portraits by Ken Meyer
> > Jr):
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > Legacies of Blood Promos available now!
> > Magazine-only promos previewed here.
> >

> So we have to buy two magazines to get these vampires? Or will they be
> available eventually as prize-support/promos?

Currently these promos are only available in the magazines. Eventually
they will be available through prize support kits and such.

--
Oscar J Garza III
Organized Play Coordinator

drives a VTES car

"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Angelo
> Blood Brother
> Group 3
> 7 capacity
> pot vic CEL FOR SAN
> Independent, Red List. All Blood Brothers may play cards that require
> Sanguinus as if Angelo were a member of any circle. Angelo can burn a
> location as a (D) action. He cannot have or use retainers. Sterile.
>
> -----------------------------
>
> First of all, Angelo's special is white hot for any Blood Brothers
> deck. The ability to play with either or both current circles makes
> Angelo versatile and a necessity in any Blood Brother deck. Angelo's
> Disciplines lend to the "beats" side of deckbuilding with Potence,
> Celerity, Vicissitude, and Fortitude. Additionally, his superior
> Celerity and Fortitude let him act at +1 stealth with Forced March, an
> ability the Blood Brothers had been lacking.

Sheesh! And you didn't even mention the OTHER special. The ability
to burn locations just by forcing an action through - and, of course,
a guy with FOR can force actions through any time you can draw a
Daring the Dawn. I won't say it's a better special than the wild-card-
Circle thing but it's a reason just by itself to pack him in decks that
would otherwise make good use of the CEL-FOR combination even if they
aren't Blood Brothers decks.

Fred

Frederick Scott wrote:
> "John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> > First of all, Angelo's special is white hot for any Blood Brothers
> > deck. The ability to play with either or both current circles makes
> > Angelo versatile and a necessity in any Blood Brother deck. Angelo's
> > Disciplines lend to the "beats" side of deckbuilding with Potence,
> > Celerity, Vicissitude, and Fortitude. Additionally, his superior
> > Celerity and Fortitude let him act at +1 stealth with Forced March, an
> > ability the Blood Brothers had been lacking.
>
> Sheesh! And you didn't even mention the OTHER special. The ability
> to burn locations just by forcing an action through - and, of course,
> a guy with FOR can force actions through any time you can draw a
> Daring the Dawn. I won't say it's a better special than the wild-card-
> Circle thing but it's a reason just by itself to pack him in decks that
> would otherwise make good use of the CEL-FOR combination even if they
> aren't Blood Brothers decks.

I just cut-and-pasted the website (aside from typing out card text)
including the analysis - all comments about the content should be aimed
away from me. :p

> Fred

-John Flournoy

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, John Flournoy wrote:

> Posted to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=news&articleid=296 (the
> URL shows the art and full card images - both cards use full-color
> versions of the original Kindred Most Wanted portraits by Ken Meyer
> Jr):

That's pretty cool and all, but you totally missed the most exciting thing
on that page. Well, it's pretty small and I guess it's a real niche
market. Still, I think they'd want to promote it a little more. Check
toward the bottom of the page under Related Items.

"Order VTES Cars from our Online Store"

If I can pay in pool, I'm totally getting one.

Matt Morgan

"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127421031.339378.37670@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...

> Frederick Scott wrote:
>> "John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > First of all, Angelo's special is white hot for any Blood Brothers
>> Sheesh! And you didn't even mention the OTHER special.
> I just cut-and-pasted the website (aside from typing out card text)
> including the analysis - all comments about the content should be aimed
> away from me. :p

Yea, I figured that out when I looked at the actual web page. I wasn't
expecting that kind of commentary from their web page so I thought you
had written that. It seems really weird to me for some White Wolf web
page copy writer to be writing an "analysis" of their own cards.

Fred

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> oscar wrote:
>
> > Currently these promos are only available in the magazines. Eventually
> > they will be available through prize support kits and such.
>
> Will they also be in the starter decks, like Echo was?

According to LSJ today, no - promo only. (and they'd be really weird to
see in a Laibon-clan-themed starter, too!)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/bf3d0c558bf4ef79?hl=en&

> Peter D Bakija

-John Flournoy

Name

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2003

John Flournoy <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Posted to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=news&articleid=296 (the
> URL shows the art and full card images - both cards use full-color
> versions of the original Kindred Most Wanted portraits by Ken Meyer
> Jr):
>
> ----------------
>
> Legacies of Blood Promos available now!
> Magazine-only promos previewed here.

So we have to buy two magazines to get these vampires? Or will they be
available eventually as prize-support/promos?

NW

John Flournoy wrote:
> Posted to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=news&articleid=296 (the
> URL shows the art and full card images - both cards use full-color
> versions of the original Kindred Most Wanted portraits by Ken Meyer
> Jr):
>
> ----------------
>
> Legacies of Blood Promos available now!
> Magazine-only promos previewed here.
>
> Genina, The Red Poet
> Scrye #89. November 2005.
> In stores now.
>
> -----------------------
>
> Genina, the Red Poet
> Samedi
> Group 3
> 8 capacity
> aus cel for CHI OBF THN
> Independent, Red List. If a blood hunt is successfully called on
> Genina, she goes to torpor instead of being burned. Genina gets +1
> stealth on diablerie actions and on undirected actions.

Hmm, perhaps my new favorite Hidden Lurker vampire? Hidden Lurker,
Compress, and Amaranth. Or Chimerstry Multirush.....

> Angelo
> Game Trade Magazine #69. November 2005.
> Available late October.
>
> ----------------------------
>
> Angelo
> Blood Brother
> Group 3
> 7 capacity
> pot vic CEL FOR SAN
> Independent, Red List. All Blood Brothers may play cards that require
> Sanguinus as if Angelo were a member of any circle. Angelo can burn a
> location as a (D) action. He cannot have or use retainers. Sterile.
>
> -----------------------------

I can't wait to play to make Angelo a Regent! Then He can vomit out a
swath of Potence Shock Troops and War Party them then get the
Vinificorum Artum Sanguinus and put on a Rutor's Hand then Bauble
himself into a Flamethrower so he can be Tom's Coordinated Attack
Muppet of Death!

HA HA! I WIN!

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

oscar wrote:

> Currently these promos are only available in the magazines. Eventually
> they will be available through prize support kits and such.

Will they also be in the starter decks, like Echo was?

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

"John Flournoy" <carneggy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Posted to http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/?line=news&articleid=296 (the
> URL shows the art and full card images - both cards use full-color
> versions of the original Kindred Most Wanted portraits by Ken Meyer
> Jr):
>
> ----------------
>
> Legacies of Blood Promos available now!
> Magazine-only promos previewed here.

(snip)

I'm really pleased to see that these vampires are
of group 3, and not 4. Well done design team
and playtesters.

Jay

Frederick Scott wrote:

> Well, I suppose there's no reason to see the situation as being any worse
> than any other promo-only card, like Spontaneous Power - except perhaps
> in one respect: as group 3s and the way they're written and all, they seem
> like awfully important cards for promo-only cards.

Exactly--both the vampires presented are very utilitarian. As Group 3,
they'll pretty much go in any deck for the given clan, and the BB guy is
even *more* utilitarian, given how his clan works. With this particular
distribution scheme, they'll be more difficult to get than many other promos
(Scrye is easy to get, but Game Trade not os much). I mean, like, it is
certainly possible that they'll become the new Marcus Vitel. But on initial
inspection, it seems kinda dubious.

> Still, my ability to
> pre-judge what kind of role a card will play in the game is really lousy
> so perhaps they'll wind up being about as (un)important as most of the
> other promo-onlies like Barbaro Lucchese. We shall see.

I dunno--I think they are both pretty utilitarian cards that will be highly
desirable.

Barbaro is pretty corner case useful, but not generally useful (like most
other promos tend to be). These two seem like they'll be basic crypt
building units.

oscar wrote:

> Currently these promos are only available in the magazines. Eventually
> they will be available through prize support kits and such.
>
> --
> Oscar J Garza III
> Organized Play Coordinator
> White Wolf Publishing, Inc

So, my usual question... :)

What are the official release dates for the two promo vamps, or more to
the point: When will they be legal for sanctioned VEKN events?

Hardy Range
Prince of Bochum, Germany
http://www.vekn.de

"Screaming Vermillian" <alexandernjames@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I think we'll see more of these two like... 9 months from now, but not
> a whole lot. Until then... pay 3-10 dollars for them on ebay!

If these two are truly useful and difficult to get, I'd expect the
price to be a lot more than 3-10 dollars.

Just for perspective, the average price of a Spontaneous Power is
in the $10-20 range, probably over $15 on average. Spontaneous Power
is pretty much a fringe card, given its cost.

Fred

HardyRange wrote:
> oscar wrote:
>
>>Currently these promos are only available in the magazines. Eventually
>>they will be available through prize support kits and such.
>>
>>--
>>Oscar J Garza III
>>Organized Play Coordinator
>>White Wolf Publishing, Inc
>

> So, my usual question... :)
>
> What are the official release dates for the two promo vamps, or more to
> the point: When will they be legal for sanctioned VEKN events?

Genina's release date is Sep 14, 2005.
Angelo has not been released yet.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:11:07 -0700, Frederick Scott
<nospam@no.spam.dot.com> wrote:

>> I just cut-and-pasted the website (aside from typing out card text)
>> including the analysis - all comments about the content should be aimed
>> away from me. :p
>
> Yea, I figured that out when I looked at the actual web page. I wasn't
> expecting that kind of commentary from their web page so I thought you
> had written that. It seems really weird to me for some White Wolf web
> page copy writer to be writing an "analysis" of their own cards.

Especially, like, saying how cool the guy is because he can use
this-card-or-that. I mean, you know, like, gimme a break. I'm grown up.
I can pretty much decide what I want to play with. I mean, it sounds
good and all, but the game should be about giving cogs to build
systems of, not give built-up parts.

--
Bye,

Daneel

LSJ wrote:
> HardyRange wrote:
> >
> > What are the official release dates for the two promo vamps, or more to
> > the point: When will they be legal for sanctioned VEKN events?
>
> Genina's release date is Sep 14, 2005.
> Angelo has not been released yet.

Thanks - I will come back with that part of the question later, then...
:)

Hardy Range
Prince of Bochum, Germany
http://www.vekn.de