I've been looking around the forum but I guess I may have just missed
the answer. Can you use Claws of the Dead at superior for the maneuver
and then at basic for the aggravated damage in the same round? Thanks.

Does that also mean that if you play Claws of the Dead at superior and
the maneuver gets canceled you can play another one at superior again?

serge wrote:
> Does that also mean that if you play Claws of the Dead at superior and
> the maneuver gets canceled you can play another one at superior again?

If two players had decks composed entirely of Flashes, they could cycle
their entire decks going to short and long repeatedly until one ran out
of cards.

However, there are some combat cards (Immortal Grapple and Carrion
Crows probably being most popular) which specifically state "Only one
per combat." These cards are specially restricted. If someone were to
play Direct Intervention against IG or CC, the player could not use
another one in that combat. If someone were to DI your Claws of the
Dead, then you could certainly play another one.

Jeff

> However, there are some combat cards (Immortal Grapple and Carrion
> Crows probably being most popular) which specifically state "Only one
> per combat."

To perhaps avoid confusion, Immortal Grapple is "only one per round,"
and Carrion Crows is "only one per combat."

Ira

Serge Salazar wrote:
> Would this also apply to action modifiers like Cloak the Gathering or Lost in
> Crowds? I understand you cannot play stealth/intercept unless required but can
> I play multiple Lost in Crowds for the same action?

No. As Peter mentioned, you can only play one copy of an action
modifier card per action. As for Lost in Crowds, you are correct in
stating that you can only stealth if it is needed.

For example:

Ox Computer Hacks (bleed for 2, 0 stealth), with Swallowed by the Night
(+1 stealth).
Martin Franckel intercepts with Enhanced Senses (+2 intercept).
Ox modifies with Lost in Crowds (+2 stealth).
Martin Franckel adds intercept via Eagle's Sight (+1 intercept).
Ox modifies with Faceless Night (+1 stealth, reacting vamp remains
tapped if block unsuccessful).
Martin Franckel adds intercept with Precognition (+1 intercept, 1
damage prevented in combat, if any).

and the list goes on (for a bleed of 2!).

OW

serge wrote:

> Does that also mean that if you play Claws of the Dead at superior and
> the maneuver gets canceled you can play another one at superior again?

Yep. You can play the same combat cards mulitple times per combat unless
they specifically say otherwise. You can only play one of a given action
modifier per action; you can only play one of a given reaction card per
action. There is no such limit for combat cards (other than built in
limits--you can only play one strike card per strike phase; you can't
prevent damage that isn't there; etc.).

A few combat cards specifically say "only once per round" or "once per
combat", like Immortal Grapple, Carrion Crows, and Soak.

But in general, you can, say, play Claws of the Dead at superior multiple
times for the manuver (assuming your opponent counter manuvers between
each), and then play another Claws of the Dead for the aggro damage (ya
know, if you are Horrock who plays them for free...). And then use 5 copies
of Skin of Rock to prevent all the damage done to you in return.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

In message <1127451139.108130.197620@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
Odrich Wendergass <gsanvic@gmail.com> writes:
>No. As Peter mentioned, you can only play one copy of an action
>modifier card

per minion

>per action. As for Lost in Crowds, you are correct in
>stating that you can only stealth if it is needed.

This distinction is important for - in particular - Cloak the Gathering
(played by a minion who isn't the acting minion at superior, and can be
played by multiple vampires), and various Mask of a Thousand Faces type
effects.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Serge Salazar wrote:

> Would this also apply to action modifiers like Cloak the Gathering or Lost in
> Crowds? I understand you cannot play stealth/intercept unless required but can
> I play multiple Lost in Crowds for the same action?

You can only play one of a given action modifier per action, so no*

* Cloak the Gathering is a weird excpetion, as a minion that isn't acting
can play it, and the actual rule is "a given minion may only play one of a
given action modifier per action", so the acting minion could play a Cloak
the Gatheirng at inferior, and then someone else with OBF could play one to
add to the stealth. But Cloak is a weird, special case. In a general sense,
no, you cannot play multiple Lost in Crowds per action.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil

correct. and for a fun step up in complexity action modifiers don't
require an untapped vampire (logical). but this extends into cloak the
gathering. only requires a ready vampire other than the acting minion,
so the ready minion can be tapped. whereas mask of 1000 faces requires a
ready *untapped* minion other than the acting minion. so cloak's
interesting display of this feature of action modifiers also extends to
other action modifiers that allow play 'other than the acting minion'
but do not require being untapped. another example is echo the harmonies
at inferior melpominee. the extra votes can be played by another minion
you control who can play it, even if tapped.

reactions on the other hand require an untapped vampire (unless the card
makes an exception per usual). and they don't tap the minion unless
otherwise stated. so this is why you can get several untapped vampires
playing telepathic counter, 1 per minion, and end up reduce the bleed by
more and more. same with ecstacy, foul blood at superior, surprise
influence, etc.

just food for deck construction thought for the original poster.