Deck Clinic: lasombra dom/pre/obt

Last response: in Video Games
September 22, 2005 6:47:15 PM

hi mates! :)

Please, help me find a space for 2x Banishment :)  Any additional
comments are EXTREMELY wanted :)

best regards,
unforgiver

Crypt(12):
4x Ambrosio Luis Moncada 10 cardinal
3x Francisco Domingo de Polonia 9 archbishop
2x Tobias Smith 7
1x Banjoko 5
1x Guido Lucciano 5
1x Ramiro 4

Library(90):

Master (17):
6x Minion Tap
3x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Information Highway
1x Power Structur
1x Elysian Fileds
1x Secure Haven
1x Regent
1x Golconda
1x Giant's Blood
1x Dia de los Muertos

Action(6):
6x Govern the Unaligned

Political Action(15):
6x Kine Resources Contested
2x Conservative Agitation
1x Ancilla Empoerment
1x Anarchist Uprising
1x Ancient Influence
1x Political Stranglehold
1x Cardinal Benediction
1x Reins of Power
1x Disputed Territory

Action Modifier(28):
6x Voter Captivation
4x Bewitching Oration
4x Awe
5x Shadow Play
4x Shroud of Night
3x Shroud of Absence
3x Blanket of Night

Reaction(15):
4x Wake
6x Deflection
5x Obedience

Combat(7);
7x Majesty

Ally(1):
1x Mylan Horseed, Goblin
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 7:38:34 PM

unforgiver wrote:
> Please, help me find a space for 2x Banishment :)  Any additional
> comments are EXTREMELY wanted :)

> 3x Dreams of the Sphinx

You can remove 1 DotS to add a Banishment.

> 1x Information Highway

You can remove also this to find space for 1 more card.

> 1x Ancilla Empoerment
> 1x Anarchist Uprising
I'd replace these 2 for Banishment.

> Reaction(15):
> 4x Wake
> 6x Deflection

Too few Wakes IMO. I'd has at least 7 of each.

> 5x Obedience
>
> Combat(7);
> 7x Majesty

12 Combat cards? How about a couple of Secure Haven?

Probably Jeff 'Lasombra' can give you some good advice...

Hope this helps,
.. Luis Duarte
September 23, 2005 5:29:28 AM

unforgiver wrote:
> hi mates! :)
>
> Please, help me find a space for 2x Banishment :)  Any additional
> comments are EXTREMELY wanted :)
>
> best regards,
> unforgiver

to be honest, in my very humble opinion, I find the advice from
Mr.Duarte little strange. here is my point of view:

> Crypt(12):
> 4x Ambrosio Luis Moncada 10 cardinal
> 3x Francisco Domingo de Polonia 9 archbishop
> 2x Tobias Smith 7
> 1x Banjoko 5
> 1x Guido Lucciano 5
> 1x Ramiro 4
>
> Library(90):
>
> Master (17):
> 6x Minion Tap
> 3x Dreams of the Sphinx

one could probably go.

> 1x Information Highway
> 1x Power Structur
> 1x Elysian Fileds
> 1x Secure Haven
> 1x Regent

you really don't want to give opponents another rush tool :) )

> 1x Golconda
> 1x Giant's Blood
> 1x Dia de los Muertos

17 masters is already a lot. however, you should find a place for some
zillah's valley and/or highways. It's a hard decision, but I would
remove dia de los muertos and secure haven. btw the haven will make you
pay pool for golconda, giants blood and minion tap. obediences should
be enough for reliable combat defense. unless you meet Enkidu in every
game or something :)

> Action(6):
> 6x Govern the Unaligned
>
> Political Action(15):
> 6x Kine Resources Contested
> 2x Conservative Agitation
> 1x Ancilla Empoerment
> 1x Anarchist Uprising

never ever remove those. this is the nuclear arsenal of any big voter.
I would even double them, and/or add domain challenge.

> 1x Ancient Influence
> 1x Political Stranglehold
> 1x Cardinal Benediction
> 1x Reins of Power

too random. in the best case, your prey will burn pool, and hope you
dont have another big cap as a predator. good old KRC/ConAg is much
more reliable.

> 1x Disputed Territory

how many important locations do you meet? hunting grounds? you have
very limited amount of actions for such tricks. simply kill :)

> Action Modifier(28):
> 6x Voter Captivation
> 4x Bewitching Oration
> 4x Awe
> 5x Shadow Play
> 4x Shroud of Night
> 3x Shroud of Absence
> 3x Blanket of Night

remove some of the stealth cards and add seduction. for free, easy to
cycle and trumps all the block decks relying on one big blocker (Omaya,
Cailean etc). not sure about the blankets, could be more shadow plays,
the superior effect of the blanket is done better via seduction.

> Reaction(15):
> 4x Wake
> 6x Deflection
> 5x Obedience

due to Ambrosio's ability, you need maybe just two wakes. instead, add
one deflection and one obedience

> Combat(7);
> 7x Majesty

maybe too many. you shouldn't get caught while acting, you shouldn't
block anything (hey, Ambrosio even CAN'T block), so the Majesties are
there only against rush decks, which don't use grapple. great :)  I
would play just four, maybe three.

> Ally(1):
> 1x Mylan Horseed, Goblin

btw lot of inspiration could be found at thelasombra.com, in the
TWD..there is at least a couple of Lasombra presence voting decks..

Vladimir
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 6:54:04 AM

Alias wrote:
> to be honest, in my very humble opinion, I find the advice from
> Mr.Duarte little strange. here is my point of view:

Mr.Duarte??? C'mon, i'm not that old!! :D

>(snip)
> > 1x Ancilla Empoerment
> > 1x Anarchist Uprising
>
> never ever remove those. this is the nuclear arsenal of any big voter.
> I would even double them, and/or add domain challenge.

I disagree. The idea is to put other people (especially the prey) to
burn pool, not you. This only justifies if the game environment is full
of weenie decks. But in that case some other options should be
considered like Aranthebes or those "new" Events.
I'd replace these for more KRC's.

> > 1x Ancient Influence
> > 1x Political Stranglehold
> > 1x Cardinal Benediction
> > 1x Reins of Power
> too random. in the best case, your prey will burn pool, and hope you
> dont have another big cap as a predator. good old KRC/ConAg is much
> more reliable.

Too random?? Why's that? He's playing with a 11-cap and voter
captivation and so RoP should be a killer card in this deck.

> > 1x Disputed Territory
> how many important locations do you meet? hunting grounds? you have
> very limited amount of actions for such tricks. simply kill :)

I agree but anyway a Disputed Territory many times can be used as a
trade or an agreement for example with the rush guy.... so it's not
that bad and depends a lot on the player.

> > Reaction(15):
> > 4x Wake
> > 6x Deflection
> > 5x Obedience
>
> due to Ambrosio's ability, you need maybe just two wakes. instead, add
> one deflection and one obedience

I believe that Ambrosio can be rushed and so the Obediences are ok.
4 WWEF are always too few...

Just my opinion Vladimir! ;-)

..- Luis (forget the Mr.!!)
September 23, 2005 7:56:39 AM

Luis Duarte - Powerbase:Lisbon wrote:
> Alias wrote:
> > to be honest, in my very humble opinion, I find the advice from
> > Mr.Duarte little strange. here is my point of view:
>
> Mr.Duarte??? C'mon, i'm not that old!! :D

that was my attempt to be sarcastic and pompous :)

> >(snip)
> > > 1x Ancilla Empoerment
> > > 1x Anarchist Uprising
> >
> > never ever remove those. this is the nuclear arsenal of any big voter.
> > I would even double them, and/or add domain challenge.
>
> I disagree. The idea is to put other people (especially the prey) to
> burn pool, not you.

I will gladly take damage, if the whole table suffers with me and much
more than me :) ) you will lessen your big-minion disadvantage and make
your ousting job much faster. if you would want to do the job with KRCs
alone, you will need more actions, more stealth, more bewitchings etc.

and who cares how much damage you take, you have minion taps,
deflections, voter captivations.

This only justifies if the game environment is full
> of weenie decks.

enviroment IS full of weenie decks. at least the tournament one. and if
you play 9-10cap, almost everybody is a weenie compared to you :)

But in that case some other options should be
> considered like Aranthebes or those "new" Events.

we are talking offense, not defense.

> I'd replace these for more KRC's.
>
> > > 1x Ancient Influence
> > > 1x Political Stranglehold
> > > 1x Cardinal Benediction
> > > 1x Reins of Power
> > too random. in the best case, your prey will burn pool, and hope you
> > dont have another big cap as a predator. good old KRC/ConAg is much
> > more reliable.
>
> Too random?? Why's that? He's playing with a 11-cap and voter

White Wolf finally made Lasombra Inner Circle? great!! :) )

> captivation and so RoP should be a killer card in this deck.

and what is the difference if he voter captivates on, say, Domain
Challenge? :)

> > > 1x Disputed Territory
> > how many important locations do you meet? hunting grounds? you have
> > very limited amount of actions for such tricks. simply kill :)
>
> I agree but anyway a Disputed Territory many times can be used as a
> trade or an agreement for example with the rush guy.... so it's not
> that bad and depends a lot on the player.
>
> > > Reaction(15):
> > > 4x Wake
> > > 6x Deflection
> > > 5x Obedience
> >
> > due to Ambrosio's ability, you need maybe just two wakes. instead, add
> > one deflection and one obedience
>
> I believe that Ambrosio can be rushed and so the Obediences are ok.
> 4 WWEF are always too few...

maybe, maybe not. but with tight card slots, you have to sacrifice
something, and I believe obediences and deflections will be more useful
than wakes. btw I play Nosferatu vote deck with NO wakes (just 2x 2nd
trad) and I never missed them. I simply draw into more actions instead
and kill faster.

> Just my opinion Vladimir! ;-)

yes, but my opinion is better! :) )

> .- Luis (forget the Mr.!!)
Anonymous
September 25, 2005 7:35:51 AM

Obedience is a bad idea in any Ambrosio deck. Also remove Dia, Giants
Blood, Mylan, Disputed, Info Highway, Regent, Strangehold, Ancient
Influence, 1* dreams.

Add 4 iron glare.

In casual games, it´s always fun with some annexes where you can keep
golconda, purge, graverobbing, far mastery and other fun stuff.

/Mathias

!