Deck: A Big Red Target - Comments if you please.

Deck Name: A Big Red Target

Strategy: Designed after a player told me "I paint a big red bullseye
on myself every game". So the deck is designed to do just that, within
the first three turns you should have been identified as the table
threat :-)

Crypt:(12) - Groups 1-2
1 Marina Gilbert PRE 4
1 Violette Prentiss PRE 4
1 Roland Loussarian pre 3
1 Gideon Fontaine PRE 3
1 Itzahk Levine pre 3
1 Uma Hatch pre 3
1 Vasillis pre 2
1 Frederick, the Weak pre 2
1 Delilah Easton pre 2
1 Igo - The HUngry pre 1
1 Antoinette DuChamp pre 1
1 Angela Decker pre 1

Libary:(62)

Master:(12)
2 Presnece
1 The Barrens
1 Ventrue HQ
4 Effective Management
4 Information Highway

Action:(40)
2 Disputed Territory
10 Kine Resources Contested
10 Conservative Agitation
2 Diversity
2 Political Flux
14 Various Praxis Seizure Titles

Action Mod:(10)
10 Bewitching Oration
2 Cryptic Rider

Strategy:
Play the table hard and fast, because each vampire in the crypt is
different you can simply keep popping out princes. Important to gain
prince titles early and then throw all your damage forward. I elected
to not use any anti-combat as it seemed to slow the deck down.

Comments?
5 answers Last reply
More about deck target comments please

    > Libary:(62)

    I would increase the number of cards to 80 or 90.

    > Master:(12)
    > 2 Presnece
    > 1 The Barrens
    > 1 Ventrue HQ
    > 4 Effective Management
    > 4 Information Highway

    You might consider: DI, Sudden Reversal, Specialization, Gambit
    Accepted, Momentum's Edge, more Effective Managements, and Life in the
    City.

    > Action:(40)
    > 2 Disputed Territory
    > 10 Kine Resources Contested
    > 10 Conservative Agitation
    > 2 Diversity
    > 2 Political Flux
    > 14 Various Praxis Seizure Titles

    You might consider reducing the number of offensive vote actions and
    replacing them with Presence Bleed actions like Social Charm, Legal
    Manipulations, Enchant Kindred, and Entrancement.

    Seems like 1 Political Flux would be enough.

    > Action Mod:(10)
    > 10 Bewitching Oration
    > 2 Cryptic Rider

    Cryptic Rider seems a bit tricky, and costs a blood. I'd rather use
    Bewitching Oration instead. And 12 Bewitching seems excessive.
    Perhaps include a couple Bribes and/or Voter Captivation.

    That said, there's one piece of feedback that's most important, and
    spurred me to start this message:

    You really should include Change of Target.

    It's free, it keeps your vamps pretty safe, and it draws out other
    people's intercept and wakes. Especially given the number of +1
    stealth actions you take, this seems great.

    > I elected to not use any anti-combat as it seemed to
    > slow the deck down.

    I guess that's metagame specific, but I would certainly consider
    throwing in some Staredowns and Majesties. Getting the untap with
    Majesty is big, especially if you're going to take my other suggestion
    of including bleed actions.

    That allows you to bleed, get blocked, majesty, vote. Obviously an old
    strategy, but it works pretty well.

    > Comments?

    Finally, I encourage you not to play this deck very often, because it
    will make the game less fun for other people. :) While you might think
    you don't care about how much other people have fun, it's actually in
    your best interest to care about it in the long run.

    Ira

    <ira212@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Libary:(62)
    >
    > I would increase the number of cards to 80 or 90.

    Huh?!? Why? This is precisely the kind of deck that can take
    advantage of smallness. If you're not doing any combat, not
    even bothering to add combat defense cards and you have no other
    specific reason for needing lots of cards (I don't see Legion
    in there anywhere...) then great! The deck will flow much better
    at 60 cards than at 80 or 90.

    Fred

    <d21_aod@yahoo.com.au> schreef in bericht
    > Deck Name: A Big Red Target

    > Strategy: Designed after a player told me "I paint a big red bullseye
    > on myself every game". So the deck is designed to do just that, within
    > the first three turns you should have been identified as the table
    > threat :-)
    >
    > Crypt:(12) - Groups 1-2
    > 1 Marina Gilbert PRE 4
    > 1 Violette Prentiss PRE 4
    > 1 Roland Loussarian pre 3
    > 1 Gideon Fontaine PRE 3
    > 1 Itzahk Levine pre 3
    > 1 Uma Hatch pre 3
    > 1 Vasillis pre 2
    > 1 Frederick, the Weak pre 2
    > 1 Delilah Easton pre 2
    > 1 Igo - The HUngry pre 1
    > 1 Antoinette DuChamp pre 1
    > 1 Angela Decker pre 1
    >
    > Libary:(62)
    >
    > Master:(12)
    > 2 Presnece
    > 1 The Barrens
    > 1 Ventrue HQ
    > 4 Effective Management
    > 4 Information Highway
    >
    > Action:(40)
    > 2 Disputed Territory
    > 10 Kine Resources Contested
    > 10 Conservative Agitation
    > 2 Diversity
    > 2 Political Flux
    > 14 Various Praxis Seizure Titles
    >
    > Action Mod:(10)
    > 10 Bewitching Oration
    > 2 Cryptic Rider

    Add change of target, as noted before. And a handfull of bleed cards (the
    free ones with a good superior, like: Enchant Kindred, social charm and
    Entrancement) and maybe 1-2 Disarming Presence. Throw away the cryptic
    Rider, replace that one and a couple of BO with charming Lobby. Don't
    forget to play those in the beginning of your turn.

    for defence: you have no Blood dolls, no intercept and no bounce. so you
    need pool gain. Autarkis Persecution? Momentum's Edge? Gambit Accepted?
    Tribute to the master? Maybe some Mind Numbs to throw at your predator... Or
    even Parity Shift, since you normally will be having princes on the table.

    This deck is designed to hit the table running or hit the table and
    become a big messy splat for another player to slurp up. I don't play
    it that often, last time was about six months ago. I bust it out of
    retirement every now and again and throw it across the table.

    The deck used to be 90 cards, but I gradually shaved stuff out that
    made the deck slow. Combat was discarded because I was holding onto it
    and waiting for someone to rush so I could cycle it. Bleed got
    discarded simply because it could be bounced and other players had no
    problem blocking and killing my poor little vamps :(

    I've added 4 Change of Heart and cut out 6 cards.
    - 1 Disputed Territory, -1 Kine, 1 Con, 1 Bewitching Oration, -2
    Cryptic Rider

    Deck is now exactly 60 cards :)

    I've slotted in 4 Change of Target and chopped out 6 cards to make it
    exactly 60.

    I found demonstrating that I had no Cryptic Riders or Charming Lobbies
    increased my ability to "talk" stuff through. Players are very
    suspicious of allowing votes through with this kind of deck, because
    then I Cryptic Rider and then they won't listen to me again during a
    game. But Cryptic Rider was one of the cards axed.

    Political Flux is quite good in this deck, it also throws a little
    craziness into the game which can be good. Making the prey suddenly
    worth 12 pool turns the whole table into a frenzy :)

    Staying power is something I want to put into the deck, but not at the
    cost of decksize or speed.

    For defense: It has none. My pool gain is my prey, everything gets
    thrown at my prey. Kine and Con points are tossed onto my prey and then
    his prey. I've found (in my area at least) this works exceedingly well.
    My prey is encouraged to run forward as I am noted for my hatred of
    putting odd points on my predator. So I'll usually try and scoop 2VPs.
    Massed weenie bleeding when all else fails :)

    The deck is designed for quick ousting power using votes, that's my
    goal. Most games I'll have a cushion of 12-20 pool to sit on as I roll
    forward, I add to this by killing my prey :)

Games Video Games