DECK !Noz Dominate!

Last response: in Video Games
September 26, 2005 11:03:15 AM

Kindred,

The Infernal Plague is coming up and I aspire to carry the banner of
the Uglies. Since I want to go with some *slightly* unusual/creative
strategy, I decided to take control of the !Noz with DOM/dom. It seems
a viable strategy. Untap with Guard Dogs, Deflect and stay untapped.
Hmm. What do you think?

Deck Name: !Noz Dominate!
Created By: OW
good use of Dominate.

Ousting: Spying Missions, Deflections/Redirections, Army of Rats, and
in the late game, Smiling Jack.

Best setup: Cailean Governs/Scouting Missions others out. Recruits
Raven Spies. Disguises Flamethrower out. Torpor, someone else
Graverobs. :D  Splash of Potence, block with Raven Spies, minimal
Animalism combat. Obfuscate for Manuevers/light stealth.

(and yes, pretty-boy Shane is out of place, but hey. he can deflect!)

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 14, Max: 39, Avg: 6.5)
3 Cailean dom ANI OBF POT PRE 10 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Tommy ani pot 3 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Shane Grimald ani dom pot 4 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Judah ani dom POT 6 Nosferatu
1 Tarbaby Jack dom ser ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Julio Martinez nec ANI DOM OBF POT 9 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Laurent de Valois ani dom obf 4 Nosferatu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
1 Dominate
1 Animalism
1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
1 Nosferatu Kingdom
1 Information Network
4 Blood Doll
1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1 Archon Investigation
1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
2 Minion Tap
1 Giant`s Blood

Action (11 cards)
3 Govern the Unaligned
1 Graverobbing
2 Army of Rats
2 Rampage
3 Scouting Mission

Action Modifier (8 cards)
1 Sleeping Mind, The
3 Spying Mission
2 Lost in Crowds
2 Forgotten Labyrinth

Reaction (22 cards)
3 Deflection
3 Redirection
5 Forced Awakening
6 Cats` Guidance
5 Guard Dogs

Combat (23 cards)
3 Disguised Weapon
4 Thrown Sewer Lid
4 Taste of Vitae
4 Behind You!
6 Carrion Crows
2 Drawing Out the Beast

Retainer (4 cards)
3 Raven Spy
1 Tasha Morgan

Equipment (3 cards)
3 Flamethrower

Combo (4 cards)
4 Swallowed by the Night

More about : deck noz dominate

Anonymous
September 26, 2005 10:26:25 PM

Odrich Wendergass wrote:

> The Infernal Plague is coming up and I aspire to carry the banner of
> the Uglies. Since I want to go with some *slightly* unusual/creative
> strategy, I decided to take control of the !Noz with DOM/dom. It seems
> a viable strategy. Untap with Guard Dogs, Deflect and stay untapped.
> Hmm. What do you think?

Well, as it is pretty much my job to check this sort of thing, let's see!

> Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 14, Max: 39, Avg: 6.5)
> 3 Cailean dom ANI OBF POT PRE 10
> 1 Tommy ani pot 3 Nosferatu
> 1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
> 1 Shane Grimald ani dom pot 4 Gangrel
> 1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
> 1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
> 1 Judah ani dom POT 6 Nosferatu
> 1 Tarbaby Jack dom ser ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu
> 1 Julio Martinez nec ANI DOM OBF POT 9 Nosferatu
> 1 Laurent de Valois ani dom obf 4 Nosferatu

Just a bit of formatting advice--don't write "Nosferatu Antitribu" in the
vampire listing when you post decks (or maybe it is automatic with some
program). It often flips down to a second line per vampire, making looking
at the crypt difficult. Most folks know what clan everyone is anyway, and if
you really wanna put the clan, just use the abbreviation (!Nos).

In any case, not a bad crypt. I'd be inclined to double up on Tarbaby, as he
is good--maybe take out Ox for him.

> Library: (90 cards)
> -------------------
> Master (15 cards)
> 1 Dominate
> 1 Animalism
> 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
> 1 Nosferatu Kingdom
> 1 Information Network
> 4 Blood Doll
> 1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
> 1 Archon Investigation
> 1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
> 2 Minion Tap
> 1 Giant`s Blood

Reasonable. You might want a few Zillah's Valley to speed up the Cailean
angle.

> Action (11 cards)
> 3 Govern the Unaligned
> 1 Graverobbing
> 2 Army of Rats
> 2 Rampage
> 3 Scouting Mission

Unless you are going to start with a lot of DOM in the crypt (of which
currently there is only 1), the Governs/Scouting Missions are probably
better as Conditionings.

> Action Modifier (8 cards)
> 1 Sleeping Mind, The
> 3 Spying Mission
> 2 Lost in Crowds
> 2 Forgotten Labyrinth

A few more Lost in Crowds, and a few fewer Forgotten. And a few more Spying
Mission helps with bleeding (and/or avoiding killing your grand prey through
deflection).

> Reaction (22 cards)
> 3 Deflection
> 3 Redirection
> 5 Forced Awakening
> 6 Cats` Guidance
> 5 Guard Dogs

I'd go all Deflection. And maybe go up to 8.

> Combat (23 cards)
> 3 Disguised Weapon
> 4 Thrown Sewer Lid
> 4 Taste of Vitae
> 4 Behind You!
> 6 Carrion Crows
> 2 Drawing Out the Beast

Reasonable.

> Retainer (4 cards)
> 3 Raven Spy
> 1 Tasha Morgan
>
> Equipment (3 cards)
> 3 Flamethrower

Probably more expensive than you can afford with the big vampires. Maybe
Mark IV or Improvised Flamethrower?

> Combo (4 cards)
> 4 Swallowed by the Night

Not bad overall. Might work.

Peter D Bakija
pdb6@lightlink.com
http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

"So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
easily spilled liquids to naked people."
-Brittni Meil
Anonymous
September 26, 2005 11:09:04 PM

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> Well, as it is pretty much my job to check this sort of thing, let's see!

I knew I could depend on you. You seem to have a penchant for the Nos
yourself. :)

> Just a bit of formatting advice--don't write "Nosferatu Antitribu" in the
> vampire listing <snip> just use the abbreviation (!Nos).

Noted. FYI, it's automatic with FELDB. I'll modify it next time.

> > Library: (90 cards)
> > -------------------
> > Master (15 cards)
> Reasonable. You might want a few Zillah's Valley to speed up the Cailean
> angle.

Hmm... right. Since I'm scrimping on pool, I might use the Info Highway
instead.

> > Action (11 cards)
> > 3 Govern the Unaligned
> > 1 Graverobbing
> > 2 Army of Rats
> > 2 Rampage
> > 3 Scouting Mission
>
> Unless you are going to start with a lot of DOM in the crypt (of which
> currently there is only 1), the Governs/Scouting Missions are probably
> better as Conditionings.

How about for more transfers? :s I particularly like the utility of
Governs/Scoutings. Maybe swap the Animalism master for another
Dominate?

> > Action Modifier (8 cards)
> > 1 Sleeping Mind, The
> > 3 Spying Mission
> > 2 Lost in Crowds
> > 2 Forgotten Labyrinth
>
> A few more Lost in Crowds, and a few fewer Forgotten. And a few more Spying
> Mission helps with bleeding (and/or avoiding killing your grand prey through
> deflection).

Hmm... good. I like it.

> > Reaction (22 cards)
> > 3 Deflection
> > 3 Redirection
>
> I'd go all Deflection. And maybe go up to 8.

Ok.

> > Combat (23 cards)
>
> Reasonable.
>
> > Equipment (3 cards)
> > 3 Flamethrower
>
> Probably more expensive than you can afford with the big vampires. Maybe
> Mark IV or Improvised Flamethrower?

I don't have a Mark V nor the Improvised Flamethrower (which scares me
anyhow). I could replace one Flamethrower with a .44 ...

> Not bad overall. Might work.

Thanks.

> Peter D Bakija
> pdb6@lightlink.com
> http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

OW
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 27, 2005 6:25:39 AM

here is how i play dominating !nos. only nos and !nos in the crypt, for
i have made an oath of purity :o )

Crypt:

4x Cailean
2x Julio Martinez
2x Tarbaby Jack
Laurent de Valois
Josef
Cicatriz
Shannon Price

Library:

5x Dominate
Perfectionist
3x Blood Doll
Dreams of Sphinx
Information Network
Information Highway
Nosferatu Kingdom

Ivory Bow
Starshell Grenade Launcher
Seal Of Veddartha

Mylan Horseed
Procurer

4x Raven Spy

Dominate Kine
6x Govern the Unaligned
Etenal Vigilance
2x Army of Rats
Tier of Souls
Entrenching

2x Elder Impersonation
3x Conditioning
2x Bonding
6x Cloak the Gathering
Faceless Night
4x Spying Mission
3x Lost in Crowds

4x Swallowed by the Night

3x Scorpion Sting

4x WWEF
4x Guard Dogs
7x Deflection
3x Confusion of the Eye
4x Obedience
2x Cat´s Guidance

unseen
Anonymous
September 27, 2005 10:01:27 AM

Odrich Wendergass wrote:
> I knew I could depend on you. You seem to have a penchant for the Nos
> yourself. :)

Heh. It is my job :-)

I gotta figure out a deck for the Storyline myself. Hmm. Inspired.
Maybe I'll get the band back together! The Deck That Only Works If I
Get Out Marty Lechtansi, Version 8.0!

> Noted. FYI, it's automatic with FELDB. I'll modify it next time.

Yeah, I figured it might be automatic.

> Hmm... right. Since I'm scrimping on pool, I might use the Info Highway
> instead.

Reasonable. I'd probably go, like, 3 or none.

> How about for more transfers? :s I particularly like the utility of
> Governs/Scoutings. Maybe swap the Animalism master for another
> Dominate?

The transfers are huge, but with only one vampire with DOM in the
crypt, you'll rarely get to use the transfers when you need them. If
you had a bunch of DOM and a bunch of skill cards, it might work out,
but as it stands, I'd figure that the vast majority of the time, you
are going to end up using just the bleed, which isn't bad if you want
folks to block you, but as your combat isn't *that* brutal, you are
probably better off bleeding for 1, and if they don't block, then
Conditioning them to death. Bounce is going to work the same either
way, but I think you'll get more Conditionings through than you'll get
Govern's through.

> I don't have a Mark V nor the Improvised Flamethrower (which scares me
> anyhow). I could replace one Flamethrower with a .44 ...

Yeah, MkIV is hard to get, but really good for Cailean. Improvised
isn't real good either, but at least it is funny :-)

If you had Ivory Bow and maybe some .44's, that'd probably work well
too.

-Peter
September 28, 2005 2:07:57 AM

i would really recommend using mylan horseed here...cailean, julio,
tarbaby - all of them could use an extra action per turn-
Anonymous
September 28, 2005 6:37:01 PM

Peter D Bakija wrote:
> Odrich Wendergass wrote:
>

>>The Infernal Plague is coming up and I aspire to carry the banner of
>>the Uglies. Since I want to go with some *slightly* unusual/creative
>>strategy, I decided to take control of the !Noz with DOM/dom. It seems
>>a viable strategy. Untap with Guard Dogs, Deflect and stay untapped.
>>Hmm. What do you think?
>

> Well, as it is pretty much my job to check this sort of thing, let's see!
>

>>Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 14, Max: 39, Avg: 6.5)
>>---------------------------------------------
>>3 Cailean dom ANI OBF POT PRE 10
>>1 Tommy ani pot 3 Nosferatu
>>1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
>>1 Shane Grimald ani dom pot 4 Gangrel
>>1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
>>1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
>>1 Judah ani dom POT 6 Nosferatu
>>1 Tarbaby Jack dom ser ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu
>>1 Julio Martinez nec ANI DOM OBF POT 9 Nosferatu
>>1 Laurent de Valois ani dom obf 4 Nosferatu
>

> Just a bit of formatting advice--don't write "Nosferatu Antitribu" in the
> vampire listing when you post decks (or maybe it is automatic with some
> program). It often flips down to a second line per vampire, making looking
> at the crypt difficult. Most folks know what clan everyone is anyway, and if
> you really wanna put the clan, just use the abbreviation (!Nos).
>
> In any case, not a bad crypt. I'd be inclined to double up on Tarbaby, as he
> is good--maybe take out Ox for him.

Another Tarbaby, yes. For Ox, no.

As much as i like poor Judah to turn up in a decklist he does seem
rather inadequate (he is used to that). You only got four lids for
potence and he can't even manuever or disguise a weapon. No I don't
count rampage ;)

Tommy could go for another Laurant de Valois for the same reasons.

Just me 2 cents

Frede
!