DECK !Noz Dominate!

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

Kindred,

The Infernal Plague is coming up and I aspire to carry the banner of
the Uglies. Since I want to go with some *slightly* unusual/creative
strategy, I decided to take control of the !Noz with DOM/dom. It seems
a viable strategy. Untap with Guard Dogs, Deflect and stay untapped.
Hmm. What do you think?

Deck Name: !Noz Dominate!
Created By: OW
Description: The Nosferatu Antitribu go crazy! A toolboxy deck with
good use of Dominate.

Ousting: Spying Missions, Deflections/Redirections, Army of Rats, and
in the late game, Smiling Jack.

Best setup: Cailean Governs/Scouting Missions others out. Recruits
Raven Spies. Disguises Flamethrower out. Torpor, someone else
Graverobs. :D Splash of Potence, block with Raven Spies, minimal
Animalism combat. Obfuscate for Manuevers/light stealth.

(and yes, pretty-boy Shane is out of place, but hey. he can deflect!)

Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 14, Max: 39, Avg: 6.5)
---------------------------------------------
3 Cailean dom ANI OBF POT PRE 10 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Tommy ani pot 3 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Shane Grimald ani dom pot 4 Gangrel
Antitribu
1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Judah ani dom POT 6 Nosferatu
1 Tarbaby Jack dom ser ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Julio Martinez nec ANI DOM OBF POT 9 Nosferatu
Antitribu
1 Laurent de Valois ani dom obf 4 Nosferatu

Library: (90 cards)
-------------------
Master (15 cards)
1 Dominate
1 Animalism
1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
1 Nosferatu Kingdom
1 Information Network
4 Blood Doll
1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
1 Archon Investigation
1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
2 Minion Tap
1 Giant`s Blood

Action (11 cards)
3 Govern the Unaligned
1 Graverobbing
2 Army of Rats
2 Rampage
3 Scouting Mission

Action Modifier (8 cards)
1 Sleeping Mind, The
3 Spying Mission
2 Lost in Crowds
2 Forgotten Labyrinth

Reaction (22 cards)
3 Deflection
3 Redirection
5 Forced Awakening
6 Cats` Guidance
5 Guard Dogs

Combat (23 cards)
3 Disguised Weapon
4 Thrown Sewer Lid
4 Taste of Vitae
4 Behind You!
6 Carrion Crows
2 Drawing Out the Beast

Retainer (4 cards)
3 Raven Spy
1 Tasha Morgan

Equipment (3 cards)
3 Flamethrower

Combo (4 cards)
4 Swallowed by the Night
6 answers Last reply
More about deck dominate
  1. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Odrich Wendergass wrote:

    > The Infernal Plague is coming up and I aspire to carry the banner of
    > the Uglies. Since I want to go with some *slightly* unusual/creative
    > strategy, I decided to take control of the !Noz with DOM/dom. It seems
    > a viable strategy. Untap with Guard Dogs, Deflect and stay untapped.
    > Hmm. What do you think?

    Well, as it is pretty much my job to check this sort of thing, let's see!

    > Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 14, Max: 39, Avg: 6.5)
    > ---------------------------------------------
    > 3 Cailean dom ANI OBF POT PRE 10
    > 1 Tommy ani pot 3 Nosferatu
    > 1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
    > 1 Shane Grimald ani dom pot 4 Gangrel
    > 1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
    > 1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
    > 1 Judah ani dom POT 6 Nosferatu
    > 1 Tarbaby Jack dom ser ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu
    > 1 Julio Martinez nec ANI DOM OBF POT 9 Nosferatu
    > 1 Laurent de Valois ani dom obf 4 Nosferatu

    Just a bit of formatting advice--don't write "Nosferatu Antitribu" in the
    vampire listing when you post decks (or maybe it is automatic with some
    program). It often flips down to a second line per vampire, making looking
    at the crypt difficult. Most folks know what clan everyone is anyway, and if
    you really wanna put the clan, just use the abbreviation (!Nos).

    In any case, not a bad crypt. I'd be inclined to double up on Tarbaby, as he
    is good--maybe take out Ox for him.

    > Library: (90 cards)
    > -------------------
    > Master (15 cards)
    > 1 Dominate
    > 1 Animalism
    > 1 Shanty Town Hunting Ground
    > 1 Nosferatu Kingdom
    > 1 Information Network
    > 4 Blood Doll
    > 1 Heidelberg Castle, Germany
    > 1 Archon Investigation
    > 1 Smiling Jack, The Anarch
    > 2 Minion Tap
    > 1 Giant`s Blood

    Reasonable. You might want a few Zillah's Valley to speed up the Cailean
    angle.

    > Action (11 cards)
    > 3 Govern the Unaligned
    > 1 Graverobbing
    > 2 Army of Rats
    > 2 Rampage
    > 3 Scouting Mission

    Unless you are going to start with a lot of DOM in the crypt (of which
    currently there is only 1), the Governs/Scouting Missions are probably
    better as Conditionings.

    > Action Modifier (8 cards)
    > 1 Sleeping Mind, The
    > 3 Spying Mission
    > 2 Lost in Crowds
    > 2 Forgotten Labyrinth

    A few more Lost in Crowds, and a few fewer Forgotten. And a few more Spying
    Mission helps with bleeding (and/or avoiding killing your grand prey through
    deflection).

    > Reaction (22 cards)
    > 3 Deflection
    > 3 Redirection
    > 5 Forced Awakening
    > 6 Cats` Guidance
    > 5 Guard Dogs

    I'd go all Deflection. And maybe go up to 8.

    > Combat (23 cards)
    > 3 Disguised Weapon
    > 4 Thrown Sewer Lid
    > 4 Taste of Vitae
    > 4 Behind You!
    > 6 Carrion Crows
    > 2 Drawing Out the Beast

    Reasonable.

    > Retainer (4 cards)
    > 3 Raven Spy
    > 1 Tasha Morgan
    >
    > Equipment (3 cards)
    > 3 Flamethrower

    Probably more expensive than you can afford with the big vampires. Maybe
    Mark IV or Improvised Flamethrower?

    >
    > Combo (4 cards)
    > 4 Swallowed by the Night

    Not bad overall. Might work.


    Peter D Bakija
    pdb6@lightlink.com
    http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    "So in conclusion, our business plan is to sell hot,
    easily spilled liquids to naked people."
    -Brittni Meil
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Peter D Bakija wrote:
    > Well, as it is pretty much my job to check this sort of thing, let's see!

    I knew I could depend on you. You seem to have a penchant for the Nos
    yourself. :)

    > Just a bit of formatting advice--don't write "Nosferatu Antitribu" in the
    > vampire listing <snip> just use the abbreviation (!Nos).

    Noted. FYI, it's automatic with FELDB. I'll modify it next time.

    > > Library: (90 cards)
    > > -------------------
    > > Master (15 cards)
    > Reasonable. You might want a few Zillah's Valley to speed up the Cailean
    > angle.

    Hmm... right. Since I'm scrimping on pool, I might use the Info Highway
    instead.

    > > Action (11 cards)
    > > 3 Govern the Unaligned
    > > 1 Graverobbing
    > > 2 Army of Rats
    > > 2 Rampage
    > > 3 Scouting Mission
    >
    > Unless you are going to start with a lot of DOM in the crypt (of which
    > currently there is only 1), the Governs/Scouting Missions are probably
    > better as Conditionings.

    How about for more transfers? :s I particularly like the utility of
    Governs/Scoutings. Maybe swap the Animalism master for another
    Dominate?

    > > Action Modifier (8 cards)
    > > 1 Sleeping Mind, The
    > > 3 Spying Mission
    > > 2 Lost in Crowds
    > > 2 Forgotten Labyrinth
    >
    > A few more Lost in Crowds, and a few fewer Forgotten. And a few more Spying
    > Mission helps with bleeding (and/or avoiding killing your grand prey through
    > deflection).

    Hmm... good. I like it.

    > > Reaction (22 cards)
    > > 3 Deflection
    > > 3 Redirection
    >
    > I'd go all Deflection. And maybe go up to 8.

    Ok.

    > > Combat (23 cards)
    >
    > Reasonable.
    >
    > > Equipment (3 cards)
    > > 3 Flamethrower
    >
    > Probably more expensive than you can afford with the big vampires. Maybe
    > Mark IV or Improvised Flamethrower?

    I don't have a Mark V nor the Improvised Flamethrower (which scares me
    anyhow). I could replace one Flamethrower with a .44 ...

    > Not bad overall. Might work.

    Thanks.

    > Peter D Bakija
    > pdb6@lightlink.com
    > http://www.lightlink.com/pdb6

    OW
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    here is how i play dominating !nos. only nos and !nos in the crypt, for
    i have made an oath of purity :o)


    Crypt:

    4x Cailean
    2x Julio Martinez
    2x Tarbaby Jack
    Laurent de Valois
    Josef
    Cicatriz
    Shannon Price


    Library:

    5x Dominate
    Perfectionist
    3x Blood Doll
    Dreams of Sphinx
    Information Network
    Information Highway
    Nosferatu Kingdom

    Ivory Bow
    Starshell Grenade Launcher
    Seal Of Veddartha

    Mylan Horseed
    Procurer

    4x Raven Spy

    Dominate Kine
    6x Govern the Unaligned
    Etenal Vigilance
    2x Army of Rats
    Tier of Souls
    Entrenching

    2x Elder Impersonation
    3x Conditioning
    2x Bonding
    6x Cloak the Gathering
    Faceless Night
    4x Spying Mission
    3x Lost in Crowds

    4x Swallowed by the Night

    3x Scorpion Sting

    4x WWEF
    4x Guard Dogs
    7x Deflection
    3x Confusion of the Eye
    4x Obedience
    2x Cat´s Guidance


    unseen
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Odrich Wendergass wrote:
    > I knew I could depend on you. You seem to have a penchant for the Nos
    > yourself. :)

    Heh. It is my job :-)

    I gotta figure out a deck for the Storyline myself. Hmm. Inspired.
    Maybe I'll get the band back together! The Deck That Only Works If I
    Get Out Marty Lechtansi, Version 8.0!

    > Noted. FYI, it's automatic with FELDB. I'll modify it next time.

    Yeah, I figured it might be automatic.

    > Hmm... right. Since I'm scrimping on pool, I might use the Info Highway
    > instead.

    Reasonable. I'd probably go, like, 3 or none.

    > How about for more transfers? :s I particularly like the utility of
    > Governs/Scoutings. Maybe swap the Animalism master for another
    > Dominate?

    The transfers are huge, but with only one vampire with DOM in the
    crypt, you'll rarely get to use the transfers when you need them. If
    you had a bunch of DOM and a bunch of skill cards, it might work out,
    but as it stands, I'd figure that the vast majority of the time, you
    are going to end up using just the bleed, which isn't bad if you want
    folks to block you, but as your combat isn't *that* brutal, you are
    probably better off bleeding for 1, and if they don't block, then
    Conditioning them to death. Bounce is going to work the same either
    way, but I think you'll get more Conditionings through than you'll get
    Govern's through.

    > I don't have a Mark V nor the Improvised Flamethrower (which scares me
    > anyhow). I could replace one Flamethrower with a .44 ...

    Yeah, MkIV is hard to get, but really good for Cailean. Improvised
    isn't real good either, but at least it is funny :-)

    If you had Ivory Bow and maybe some .44's, that'd probably work well
    too.

    -Peter
  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    i would really recommend using mylan horseed here...cailean, julio,
    tarbaby - all of them could use an extra action per turn-
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad (More info?)

    Peter D Bakija wrote:
    > Odrich Wendergass wrote:
    >
    >
    >>The Infernal Plague is coming up and I aspire to carry the banner of
    >>the Uglies. Since I want to go with some *slightly* unusual/creative
    >>strategy, I decided to take control of the !Noz with DOM/dom. It seems
    >>a viable strategy. Untap with Guard Dogs, Deflect and stay untapped.
    >>Hmm. What do you think?
    >
    >
    > Well, as it is pretty much my job to check this sort of thing, let's see!
    >
    >
    >>Crypt: (12 cards, Min: 14, Max: 39, Avg: 6.5)
    >>---------------------------------------------
    >>3 Cailean dom ANI OBF POT PRE 10
    >>1 Tommy ani pot 3 Nosferatu
    >>1 Shannon Price ani obf 3 Nosferatu
    >>1 Shane Grimald ani dom pot 4 Gangrel
    >>1 Nigel the Shunned obf ANI POT 5 Nosferatu
    >>1 Ox ANI OBF POT 6 Nosferatu
    >>1 Judah ani dom POT 6 Nosferatu
    >>1 Tarbaby Jack dom ser ANI OBF POT 8 Nosferatu
    >>1 Julio Martinez nec ANI DOM OBF POT 9 Nosferatu
    >>1 Laurent de Valois ani dom obf 4 Nosferatu
    >
    >
    > Just a bit of formatting advice--don't write "Nosferatu Antitribu" in the
    > vampire listing when you post decks (or maybe it is automatic with some
    > program). It often flips down to a second line per vampire, making looking
    > at the crypt difficult. Most folks know what clan everyone is anyway, and if
    > you really wanna put the clan, just use the abbreviation (!Nos).
    >
    > In any case, not a bad crypt. I'd be inclined to double up on Tarbaby, as he
    > is good--maybe take out Ox for him.
    >

    Another Tarbaby, yes. For Ox, no.

    As much as i like poor Judah to turn up in a decklist he does seem
    rather inadequate (he is used to that). You only got four lids for
    potence and he can't even manuever or disguise a weapon. No I don't
    count rampage ;)

    Tommy could go for another Laurant de Valois for the same reasons.

    Just me 2 cents

    Frede
Ask a new question

Read More

Video Games