Linux Red Hat 7 with an Asus AV7 board?

G

Has anyone ever tried to install Red Hat 7 (or any Linux for that matter) on an AV7 board with a duron (or thunderbird, whichever) chip? I have been trying for a while and although the Red Hat hardware compatability list lists both the board and the chip as compatible, they are specified as the most dificult install. I was wondering if anyone had any experience or suggestions.

G

Worked fine for me (RH 7 w/ A7V). I compiled a new kernel (2.4.0) in about 3 mins with a 1G Athlon, including support for the additional ide chipset, and was even able to use the onboard Promise controller. You just have to be sure to install on a disk connected to one of the regular ide channels, and you will be fine.

--------
I have not yet begun to procrastinate.

G

I also got it to work fine. You need to compile the 2.4 kernal. Also, if this question is concerning the settings to get the promise ATA 100 controller to work in Redhat I know there is a web page out there that tells you the settings but I forgot the URL. If I can be of any more assistance please e-mail me at: IBMmaster@juno.com