Problems with games

Status
Not open for further replies.

equipojesus

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
My problem is a bit more complicated... Win 7 recognizes my 22" as 1680x1050 however some games don't recognize this resolution at all. Also games like Portal and FEAR 2 flicker very badly when attempting to play.

I have the latest nvidia drivers installed. And this is a win 7 from MSDNAA.

Another problem occurs during Fallout 3.. I get HORRIBLE lag anytime I shoot or move around.

I have two 260 core 216 in SLI, i7 920, 6GB RAM, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Antec 1200, Corsair 1000watt and nothing is overclocked.

Any Help???

nonxcarbonx

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009
Play in compatability mode for another os like vista or xp, or play in a different resolution lol.

P.S. You really should overclock. You can get roughly a gigahert with i7. With my gtx 260s i went from a windows experience index of 6.5 to 7.2. Go for it :pt1cable:

selea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Something is not right with your drivers probably. Disinstall them fully (with the aid of Driversweeper) and re-install them.

Try it, if it doesn't solve the problem check the GPU installation. If that doesn't work disable all unused services, superfetch and all indexing services.

If the problem is still not solved return here. First let's get variables reduced because it can be many things.

Status
Not open for further replies.