How to kill a deity

1. Cast Commune
2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"

It's just that easy! Your god will implode!

- Ron ^*^

Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
> 1. Cast Commune
> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>
> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!

1. Cast Commune
2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
3. response: "... prick"

Keith
--
Keith Davies "Always code as if the guy who ends up
keith.davies@kjdavies.org maintaining your code is a psychopath

Keith Davies <keith.davies@kjdavies.org> wrote in

> Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
>> 1. Cast Commune
>> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>>
>> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!
>
> 1. Cast Commune
> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
> 3. response: "... prick"

"dead prick"

--
"So there is no third law of Terrydynamics."
-- William Hyde

:Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
:> 1. Cast Commune
:> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"

Fixed your subject line for you.
--
/buddha@nirvana.net/h:k

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

George W Harris wrote:
> :Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote:
> :> 1. Cast Commune
> :> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>
> Fixed your subject line for you.

I think if your deity is Garl Glittergold, he'd be amused.

The first hundred times or so.

- Ron ^*^

Werebat wrote:
> 1. Cast Commune
> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>
> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!

1. Open up Pandora's Box.
2. Kick it's ass.

Werebat wrote:
> 1. Cast Commune
> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>
> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!

Only if he's really a Star Trek computer.

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

Sea Wasp <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> wrote in

> Werebat wrote:
>> 1. Cast Commune
>> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>>
>> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!
>
> Only if he's really a Star Trek computer.

Is "captain Kirk" a character class now?

--
"So there is no third law of Terrydynamics."
-- William Hyde
Terry Austin
www.hyperbooks.com

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:07:57 GMT, Sea Wasp

:Werebat wrote:
:> 1. Cast Commune
:> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
:>
:> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!
:
: Only if he's really a Star Trek computer.

If you *really* want to annoy your deity, just
cast Persistent Commune every day.
--
Doesn't the fact that there are *exactly* 50 states seem a little suspicious?

George W Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:07:57 GMT, Sea Wasp
> <seawaspobvious@obvioussgeinc.com> wrote:
>
>> Werebat wrote:
>>> 1. Cast Commune
>>> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>>>
>>> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!
>>
>> Only if he's really a Star Trek computer.
>
> If you *really* want to annoy your deity, just
> cast Persistent Commune every day.

And have the party bard play on-hold music.

--
Mark.

:>> Werebat wrote:
:>>> 1. Cast Commune
:>>> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
:>>>
:>>> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!
:>>
:>> Only if he's really a Star Trek computer.
:>
:> If you *really* want to annoy your deity, just
:> cast Persistent Commune every day.
:
:And have the party bard play on-hold music.

No, just trivial questions. "Does this halberd
make me look fat?", "Should I get the chicken or the
venison?"
--
"It is always a simple matter to drag people along whether it is a
democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist

George W Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 08:52:16 +0100, "Mark Blunden"
> <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote:
>
>> George W Harris wrote:

>>> If you *really* want to annoy your deity, just
>>> cast Persistent Commune every day.
>>
>> And have the party bard play on-hold music.
>
> No, just trivial questions. "Does this halberd
> make me look fat?", "Should I get the chicken or the
> venison?"

Persistent Spell just extends duration, right? You'd have a spell that lasts
all day, but you still only get one question per caster level. So you have
to provide something for the deity to pay attention to between questions.

--
Mark.

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:30:29 +0100, "Mark Blunden"
<m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote:

:persistent Spell just extends duration, right? You'd have a spell that lasts
:all day, but you still only get one question per caster level. So you have
:to provide something for the deity to pay attention to between questions.

Ah, I see they've changed it. It was one
question/round in 3.0.
:
:--
:Mark.
:
--
"Intelligence is too complex to capture in a single number." -Alfred Binet

George W. Harris For actual email address, replace each 'u' with an 'i'

Mere moments before death, George W Harris hastily scrawled:
>On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:30:29 +0100, "Mark Blunden"
><m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote:
>
>:persistent Spell just extends duration, right? You'd have a spell that lasts
>:all day, but you still only get one question per caster level. So you have
>:to provide something for the deity to pay attention to between questions.
>
> Ah, I see they've changed it. It was one
>question/round in 3.0.

No it wasn't.

Ed Chauvin IV

modifier G @ 11.

--Terry Austin

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message
> 1. Cast Commune
> 2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"
>
> It's just that easy! Your god will implode!
>
> - Ron ^*^

Well the correct answer is simple. Kill your DM, by default he is the
Overlord Deity of the entire pantheon in your game.
With him removed, all Divine beings have no further power over your
character.

The legal answer:
Convince another God to your deity, hopefully a much stronger one.
Depending on the system, Deities can kill each other as easily
as mortals can kill each other. Although two deities fighting directly
might result in interesting situations with regards to followers
and random things that might spark from the battle.

Another option might be, "Make a wish, or cast a miracle, or use
magic" to convince all followers of that deity to stop worship
at that completion of the spell casting. If the DM uses the Gods draw
their power from the number of worshippers they have mindset,
the deity is as good as dead now, as he has no worshippers, and even
if alive he suffers from reduced power levels making him a grand
target
for other gods.

The other answer:
1. Input deityname$
2. if deityname$ = " " goto 1.
3. Delete deityname$
4. END

DA

Decaying Atheist wrote:

> Another option might be, "Make a wish, or cast a miracle, or use
> magic" to convince all followers of that deity to stop worship
> at that completion of the spell casting.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something makes me suspect the deity
might decline to grant such a miracle.

--
Mark.

Mere moments before death, Mark Blunden hastily scrawled:
>Decaying Atheist wrote:
>
>> Another option might be, "Make a wish, or cast a miracle, or use
>> magic" to convince all followers of that deity to stop worship
>> at that completion of the spell casting.
>
>I can't quite put my finger on it, but something makes me suspect the deity
>might decline to grant such a miracle.

So you get a rival deity to grant it. Personally, I'd forbid it as
being far outside the scope of Miracle.

Ed Chauvin IV

modifier G @ 11.

--Terry Austin

"Mark Blunden" <m.blundenATntlworld.com@address.invalid> wrote in
message news:3pg5quFa4cvnU1@individual.net...
> Decaying Atheist wrote:
>
>> Another option might be, "Make a wish, or cast a miracle, or use
>> magic" to convince all followers of that deity to stop worship
>> at that completion of the spell casting.
>
> I can't quite put my finger on it, but something makes me suspect
> the deity
> might decline to grant such a miracle.
>
> --
> Mark.

Yeah, I should have reworded that, make a request to x deity for the
situation to work on y deity.
Of course, the request is dreadfully silly, and problem not at all
possible, but still throwing some random ideas out there.

Mouse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 12:58:03 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
raised a finger to the sky and proclaimed:

>1. Cast Commune
>2. Ask your deity: "Will your answer to this question be 'No'?"

"Nope."

--
Either way, I hate you Count Chocula, if I didn't already.
- Drifter Bob, rec.games.frp.dnd