ATI AIW 9700 Pro

bob_dn

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
I installed the AIW 9700 Pro in my new PC. All went well. Installed drivers from CD (Catalyst 3.1) then upgraded to Catalyst 3.4. In Device Manager under "Display Adapters" All-In-Wonder 128 Pro AGP (Microsoft Corporation) is listed with the yellow exclamation point and under "Other devices" there are 6 unknown devices with the yellow question mark next to them. When I try to install drivers either from ATI's installation disk or downloaded from ATI's site Windows can't find the drivers whether I specify their location or use auto.

When I check the properties for these devices they are listed as not having drivers installed. But as mentioned no drivers are available either on the installation CD or from ATI's site. How do I get these devices installed?

bob_dn

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2002
Duh. Never mind. For some reason the TV Capture WDM driver wasn't installed from the disk. I downloaded the latest version. Device Manager lists all devices as working properly now.

*EDIT*

I used the CD that came with my ATI AIW 9700 Pro to install drivers. It seems the WDM Capture driver isn't included on the CD. The <A HREF="http://www.ati.com/support/drivers/winxp/radeonwdm-xp.html?cboOS=Windows+XP&cboProducts=AIW+9700+PRO&eula=&choice=agree&cmdNext=Next" target="_new">Catalyst 3.4 driver suite</A> at ATI's website includes all the drivers for installation of the AIW card. Maybe ATI sends the same installation CD for the AIW they send with the regular cards. I know the WDM driver wasn't on my CD. Might be a good idea to download and burn the suite onto a CD for hassle free installation on new systems.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by bob_dn on 05/28/03 01:12 PM.</EM></FONT></P>