Solved

Safe Using A Laptop

1. Is it safe to use a laptop for more than the battery back up? Like 6hours on AC power (without a lot of CPu-intensive processes)
2. Is it safe to travel with the battery in the laptop? cause the HP guy said that I shouldnt
Im using an HP dv4 2126 tx
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about safe laptop
  1. 1. Yes. If you use your notebook on AC power for an extended time (days), consider removing the battery.

2. Yes.
  2. how about something like 6-7 hours, plugged in, with an external cooler pad?
  3. You can have a laptop on 24/7 if you'd like.
  4. Best answer
    Unless you are playing games, you generally do not need a cooling pad. If you think it runs hot just in general usage, then sure a cooling pad could help.

When, plugged in, it is always a good idea to remove the battery, unless you are charging it. When the battery is fully charged, then remove it. Overcharging a battery can lower decrease lifespan even though there is circuitry to prevent overcharge.

Most people traveling around with a laptop also have the battery attached. Can't think of a reason why it should be removed.
  5. Best answer selected by fasihxkhatib.
  6. I needed the cooling pad because the surface of the table on which I keep my laptop is laminated and doesnt disipate heat.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Battery Hewlett Packard