d20 World of darkness

Is the d20 world of darkness line put out by TSR or another company? I
used to play in college but it has been a while and I'm curious to look
at the books. Any idea where I can find them?

Lisa

SPAM

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2002

Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
> Lisa Buine <lisabuine@cox.net> wrote:
> > Is the d20 world of darkness line put out by TSR or another company?
> > I used to play in college but it has been a while and I'm curious to
> > look at the books. Any idea where I can find them?
>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to. The World of Darkness is not a
> D20 game; it's a Storyteller game published by White Wolf Game Studios.
> Go to alt.games.white-wolf for more information.
>
> White Wolf did publish a setting for the D20 System, called the "Scarred
> Lands." They also publish books for several smaller companies, like
> Malhavoc and Arthaus. All of this stuff uses WW's "Swords & Sorcery"
> brand name. You may be thinking of the Ravenloft setting, which was
> published under license by Arthaus, and printed by White Wolf/Swords &
> Sorcery.

White Wolf also reproduced its "Aeon" trio, "Adventure," "Aberrant,"
and "Trinity" in d20 format. They originally were Storyteller system
games, but when they did the new editions they made it d20. That seems
the most likely candidate for what the OP is thinking of.

Other options.... there were some GURPS versions of the old WoD games,
but obviously that is GURPS and not d20.

=====
Death Quaker!
http://www.deathquaker.org

--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

Bradd W. Szonye <bradd+news@szonye.com> wrote:
> Lisa Buine <lisabuine@cox.net> wrote:
>> Is the d20 world of darkness line put out by TSR or another company?
>> I used to play in college but it has been a while and I'm curious to
>> look at the books. Any idea where I can find them?
>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to. The World of Darkness is not a
> D20 game; it's a Storyteller game published by White Wolf Game Studios.
> Go to alt.games.white-wolf for more information.

Sorry, that should've been alt.games.whitewolf, without the dash.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

spam@deathquaker.org <spam@deathquaker.org> wrote:

> Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
>> Lisa Buine <lisabuine@cox.net> wrote:
>> > Is the d20 world of darkness line put out by TSR or another company?
>> > I used to play in college but it has been a while and I'm curious to
>> > look at the books. Any idea where I can find them?
>>
>> I'm not sure what you're referring to. The World of Darkness is not a
>> D20 game; it's a Storyteller game published by White Wolf Game Studios.
>> Go to alt.games.white-wolf for more information.
>>
>> White Wolf did publish a setting for the D20 System, called the "Scarred
>> Lands." They also publish books for several smaller companies, like
>> Malhavoc and Arthaus. All of this stuff uses WW's "Swords & Sorcery"
>> brand name. You may be thinking of the Ravenloft setting, which was
>> published under license by Arthaus, and printed by White Wolf/Swords &
>> Sorcery.
>
> White Wolf also reproduced its "Aeon" trio, "Adventure," "Aberrant,"
> and "Trinity" in d20 format. They originally were Storyteller system
> games, but when they did the new editions they made it d20. That seems
> the most likely candidate for what the OP is thinking of.

Yeah, I meant to mention those, but I forgot.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

Bradd W. Szonye wrote:

> Bradd W. Szonye <bradd+news@szonye.com> wrote:
>
>>Lisa Buine <lisabuine@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Is the d20 world of darkness line put out by TSR or another company?
>>>I used to play in college but it has been a while and I'm curious to
>>>look at the books. Any idea where I can find them?
>>
>>I'm not sure what you're referring to. The World of Darkness is not a
>>D20 game; it's a Storyteller game published by White Wolf Game Studios.
>>Go to alt.games.white-wolf for more information.
>

> Sorry, that should've been alt.games.whitewolf, without the dash.

OK thanks I will go look there. I thought this was the d20 game site
though?

Lisa

spam@deathquaker.org wrote:

> Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
>
>>Lisa Buine <lisabuine@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Is the d20 world of darkness line put out by TSR or another company?
>>>I used to play in college but it has been a while and I'm curious to
>>>look at the books. Any idea where I can find them?
>>
>>I'm not sure what you're referring to. The World of Darkness is not a
>>D20 game; it's a Storyteller game published by White Wolf Game Studios.
>>Go to alt.games.white-wolf for more information.
>>
>>White Wolf did publish a setting for the D20 System, called the "Scarred
>>Lands." They also publish books for several smaller companies, like
>>Malhavoc and Arthaus. All of this stuff uses WW's "Swords & Sorcery"
>>brand name. You may be thinking of the Ravenloft setting, which was
>>published under license by Arthaus, and printed by White Wolf/Swords &
>>Sorcery.
>

> White Wolf also reproduced its "Aeon" trio, "Adventure," "Aberrant,"
> and "Trinity" in d20 format. They originally were Storyteller system
> games, but when they did the new editions they made it d20. That seems
> the most likely candidate for what the OP is thinking of.
>
> Other options.... there were some GURPS versions of the old WoD games,
> but obviously that is GURPS and not d20.

I'm pretty sure I saw a d20 Vampire game a while ago at my cousin's
house. That's what I am looking for.

Lisa

Lisa Buine wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I saw a d20 Vampire game a while ago at my cousin's
> house. That's what I am looking for.

If it was a d20 game, it wasn't Vampire: The Masquerade or the new game,
Vampire: The Requiem. The only non-Storyteller system versions of those games
were Third Edition GURPS supplements for Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The
Apocalypse, and so on.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia

SERENITY - The Future Is Worth Fighting For

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigeclasslist.html
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatelist.html

Lisa Buine wrote:

> I'm pretty sure I saw a d20 Vampire game a while ago at my cousin's
> house. That's what I am looking for.

There haven't been any World of Darkness d20 books.

Possibly you saw a d20 book about vampires. Certainly, you didn't see a
d20 book about White Wolf's vampires.
--
Stephenls
Geek

Chances are suprisingly good that Lisa Buine was not wearing pants when
he or she said:

> Bradd W. Szonye wrote:
>
> > Bradd W. Szonye <bradd+news@szonye.com> wrote:

> >>I'm not sure what you're referring to. The World of Darkness is not a
> >>D20 game; it's a Storyteller game published by White Wolf Game Studios.
> >>Go to alt.games.white-wolf for more information.
> >

> > Sorry, that should've been alt.games.whitewolf, without the dash.
>
> OK thanks I will go look there. I thought this was the d20 game site
> though?

Well, first of all, this is a newsgroup, not a site. Secondly, World of
Darkness - as Bradd already said in what seemed like pretty clear
language to me - is *NOT* d20. Not even remotely. It's an entirely
different roleplaying game system that doesn't even *use* the type of
dice d20 is named after. That's why your question doesn't make sense -
WoD and d20 are two entirely different things. It's like saying your Web
browser is "Microsoft Netscape" or your car is a "Ford Toyota".

On Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:50:55 -0400, in rec.games.frp.dnd Lisa Buine
<lisabuine@cox.net> wrote:

>Is the d20 world of darkness line put out by TSR or another company? I
>used to play in college but it has been a while and I'm curious to look
>at the books. Any idea where I can find them?
>
>Lisa

Sneaky...

Bill
--
By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may eventually
get to be boss and work twelve hours a day. - Robert Frost

Lisa Buine wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I saw a d20 Vampire game a while ago at my cousin's
> house. That's what I am looking for.

Perhaps you saw this?

http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php?products_id=4522

--
Reginald Blue
"I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my