cannot receive full bandwidth

Hello,

My isp has just upgraded my broadband speed from 512kbps to 1MBps however My
speeds are slower now than before. I have been through a setup with my isp,
using net optimiser, and spyware checker but when I run my bandwidth speed
test it is only hovering at around the 3-450kbps mark. Is there something I
should be doing with the setup of the bt voyager 2000 wireless router?

My current setup is

Host PC connected via Ethernet cable to router 1 pc and 2 laptops configured
with 128bit encryption WEP, there are no service issues and my connection
speeds were fine until I was upgraded. Can you suggest anything?
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot receive full bandwidth

    You should probably ask your ISP what is happening. This newsgroup supports
    Microsoft's Broadband Networking hardware and software only, not other brand
    routers or networking in general.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Timax45" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >

    > My isp has just upgraded my broadband speed from 512kbps to 1MBps however
    > My speeds are slower now than before. I have been through a setup with my
    > isp, using net optimiser, and spyware checker but when I run my bandwidth
    > speed test it is only hovering at around the 3-450kbps mark. Is there
    > something I should be doing with the setup of the bt voyager 2000 wireless
    > router?
    >

    > My current setup is
    >

    > Host PC connected via Ethernet cable to router 1 pc and 2 laptops
    > configured with 128bit encryption WEP, there are no service issues and my
    > connection speeds were fine until I was upgraded. Can you suggest
    > anything?

Routers Internet Service Providers Bandwidth Networking