Sign in with
Your question

Joint Ops Windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
June 13, 2010 9:03:49 AM

Hello,
joint ops typhoon rising-since installing windows 7-Im unable to start a game (single player/multiplayer)-any help will be appreciated

More about : joint ops windows

a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2010 9:38:09 AM

right click on your desktop icon and left click on Troubleshoot Compatability, see if it fixes it
m
l
June 13, 2010 10:57:50 AM

number13 said:
right click on your desktop icon and left click on Troubleshoot Compatability, see if it fixes it

Thanks for your prompt suggestion. I've actually tried that, plus I've tried selecting "run as administrator" to no avail.
Perhaps, it's just not compatible with Windows 7.

My PC is: Windows 7 Ulimate 64-bit, Intel Core 2 Quad Cpu Q8200 @ 2.33GHz, 6Gig Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250...maybe it's something is not compatible amongst that lot.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 13, 2010 12:30:12 PM

number13 said:
OK, I just did a search on it and it's aan old game, since it was designed to run on a P-3 and Win 98, 2000, XP, distinct possiblity that it won't run on 7

Thanks for that, that's what I was thinking so you're probably right.

Even though it's an old game, it was my favourite but I think I should give up on it.

Thanks for the reply.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2010 12:30:51 PM

OK, I just did a search on it and it's aan old game, since it was designed to run on a P-3 and Win 98, 2000, XP, distinct possiblity that it won't run on 7
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2010 1:01:14 PM

Good Luck
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 7:10:53 AM

tosser said:
That sounds like a great idea.

I'll try it in the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for your help.

Since it is an older game it doesn't have that high of hardware requirements -- have you considered using XP Mode / Virtual PC as opposed to a dual boot?

To learn more about XP Mode / Virtual PC, please see the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.as...

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 9:09:49 AM

be careful trying to run games in Windows vm, video card issues if the game has 3D rendering, I don't know if the game you have does, but if it does---
m
l
June 15, 2010 9:32:49 AM

JessicaD said:
Since it is an older game it doesn't have that high of hardware requirements -- have you considered using XP Mode / Virtual PC as opposed to a dual boot?

To learn more about XP Mode / Virtual PC, please see the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.as...

Jessica

Thanks for your advice, I'm downloading Windows XP Mode right now and I'll let you know how it goes.
m
l
June 16, 2010 1:50:00 AM

JessicaD said:

Jessica

Hi,

I've now got Joint Ops working.
I tried the suggestions from Jessica and "Number 13" so I don't know which one actually resolved the problem but, I thank you both for your help.
Regards,
Vic (Australia)
m
l
June 16, 2010 1:51:57 AM

number13 said:
be careful trying to run games in Windows vm, video card issues if the game has 3D rendering, I don't know if the game you have does, but if it does---

Hi,

I've now got Joint Ops working.
I tried the suggestions from Jessica and "Number 13" so I don't know which one actually resolved the problem but, I thank you both for your help.
Regards,
Vic (Australia)
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 16, 2010 8:15:04 AM

good
m
l
!