Help with video card/ MB BIOS problem

BigRollTide

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
I think it is my video card and MB BIOS at least. Anytime I go into a game, especially Quake III games, it can take 30 seconds to 2 minutes, but it will always happen: the screen will get a bunch of different colored blocks on it. I am not overclocking the video card right now...but I am overclocking the M/B (GA-8IHXP). I lost my BIOS settings and I used to O/C the 1.8 P4 to 2.4. I reset the BIOS to O/C to 2.4 again and that part seems to work fine...however I cannot seem to figure out what I need to set to get the video card or whatever is causing this to happen fixed. The card is a gainward ti4200.

Will also post this under MB since I think it is a BIOS setting I am missing.

sturm

Splendid
If you set the MB back to run at stock speeds is the problem still there. If not then the card doesnt like the overclocked bus speed. Tou also might try either newer drivers or go back to an older set to see what happens.
Its also possible that in overclocking the MB you have damaged the video card. Thats the risky part of overclocking.

BigRollTide

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
the thing is...this happened when i first got the system and i played around with the bios settings until it stopped happening. I just can't seem to figure out what the right combination is since i lost my bios settings.