what is the wierdest character you've ever had?

Last response: in Video Games
September 21, 2005 2:51:34 PM

yes i know this might seem a little stupid but i just gots ta know.
my wierdest PC was a dwarf gnome cross breed that had a love hate
relationship with magic, he was an illusionist cleric.

More about : wierdest character

Anonymous
September 21, 2005 2:51:35 PM

Mrs Pam Dillema wrote:
> yes i know this might seem a little stupid but i just gots ta know.
> my wierdest PC was a dwarf gnome cross breed that had a love hate
> relationship with magic, he was an illusionist cleric.

Mongrelman thief who was an ex-assistant to a batshit-crazy alchemist
that used to use my PC as experiment fodder. As a result, my PC could
detach his body parts at will, and had a modified green slime living in
his stomach, enabling him to eat and digest just about anything (don't
look at me, these were the DM's ideas). Among his favorite possessions
was his jar of rot grubs and his Ebony Fly companion.

I used to drive the other players up the wall, because this character
would talk exactly like the Insecticons from the 1980s Transformers
cartoon: with a nails-on-chalkboard whine, ending everything like a
question, and repeating the last syllables of every sentence-entence?

Yeah, he was a creepy little bastard, but he had a good heart. Kept it
in a box.

--
Jay Knioum
The Mad Afro

Mrs Pam Dillema wrote:
> my wierdest PC ...

....is my current character, Stigandrmod. He is a Wizard/Lore Master in
a post-Ragnarok Nordic world. His weirdness is that he denies that the
Nordic gods are/were divine and is out to prove it (IQ 22 (26 with
items), WIS 8). He thinks that the basis for Arcane and "Divine" magic
are the same and no divinities are involved.

He also suffers from multiple personality disorder though be believes
his "other" personality is some sort of divination of his future,
perhaps him in the future trying to communicate with him in the
present.

BTW, his familiar is a two headed, albino raven.

It's really hard being an atheist in a D&D world...
Related resources
September 21, 2005 4:28:03 PM

A halfling accountant.

Spinner
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:39:54 AM

A human sorcerer/alienist. The DM played fast-and-loose with the whole
"apotheosis" concept, giving him odd little mechanical benefits based on
mutations and the like as he advanced through the prestige class. Despite being
the only regular human character in a party of eight, he was among the strangest
and disturbing (to some) characters.

The others were a minotaur, a half-fiend githyanki lich, a githzerai, a rogue
modron, an "aasimar" (a half-celestial by parentage, but built as an aasimar), a
"tiefling" (same deal - or was it? The succubus may not have been his mother),
and a human werefox.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia

SERENITY - The Future Is Worth Fighting For

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigec...
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatel...
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:39:55 AM

Christopher Adams wrote:

> A human sorcerer/alienist. The DM played fast-and-loose with the whole
> "apotheosis" concept, giving him odd little mechanical benefits based on
> mutations and the like as he advanced through the prestige class. Despite being
> the only regular human character in a party of eight, he was among the strangest
> and disturbing (to some) characters.
>
> The others were a minotaur, a half-fiend githyanki lich, a githzerai, a rogue
> modron, an "aasimar" (a half-celestial by parentage, but built as an aasimar), a
> "tiefling" (same deal - or was it? The succubus may not have been his mother),
> and a human werefox.

I played an albino human patrician transmuter back in 2E who slowly went
insane as he gained levels. I think were he to be played in 3E he would
have ultimately gone for the Alienist PrC. Would have been fun.

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 8:30:33 AM

Besides playing myself in Middle Earth?

Vonti: spherical, helpful greenish mystical automaton (strongly based
on Haro from Mobile Suit Gundam) would probably be the wierdest
overall, though he'd have stiff competition from a few others, such as
the were-platinum dragon...

--
Sea Wasp
/^\

"Werebat" <ranpoirier@cox.net> wrote in message

> Christopher Adams wrote:
>
>> A human sorcerer/alienist. The DM played fast-and-loose with the whole
>> "apotheosis" concept, giving him odd little mechanical benefits based on
>> mutations and the like as he advanced through the prestige class. Despite
>> being the only regular human character in a party of eight, he was among
>> the strangest and disturbing (to some) characters.
>>
>> The others were a minotaur, a half-fiend githyanki lich, a githzerai, a
>> rogue modron, an "aasimar" (a half-celestial by parentage, but built as
>> an aasimar), a "tiefling" (same deal - or was it? The succubus may not
>> have been his mother), and a human werefox.

I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess here. Planescape? ^^'

> I played an albino human patrician transmuter back in 2E who slowly went
> insane as he gained levels. I think were he to be played in 3E he would
> have ultimately gone for the Alienist PrC. Would have been fun.
>
> - Ron ^*^

Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:07:00 PM

R. Scott Dalton wrote:
> Werebat wrote:
>> Christopher Adams wrote:
>>
>>> A human sorcerer/alienist. The DM played fast-and-loose with the whole
>>> "apotheosis" concept, giving him odd little mechanical benefits based
>>> on mutations and the like as he advanced through the prestige class.
>>> Despite being the only regular human character in a party of eight, he
>>> was among the strangest and disturbing (to some) characters.
>>>
>>> The others were a minotaur, a half-fiend githyanki lich, a githzerai, a
>>> rogue modron, an "aasimar" (a half-celestial by parentage, but built as
>>> an aasimar), a "tiefling" (same deal - or was it? The succubus may not
>>> have been his mother), and a human werefox.
>
> I'm going to go out on a limb and hazard a guess here. Planescape?

Yep! First Third Edition game I ever played, actually. I joined the game with my
alienist half-way through, but I had actually played a priest of Ptah at the
beginning of the campaign before I had to drop out; his comedy schtick was
cutting down travel time in Sigil by saying, "I know a short cut, I think . . ."
and leading the party through an alley, emerging in a completely different part
of the city close to our destination - on the other side of the torus.

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia

SERENITY - The Future Is Worth Fighting For

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigec...
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatel...
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:48:30 PM

Mrs Pam Dillema wrote:
> yes i know this might seem a little stupid but i just gots ta know.
> my wierdest PC was a dwarf gnome cross breed that had a love hate
> relationship with magic, he was an illusionist cleric.

Hmm. I've had some pretty weird characters in my campains. I'd have
to go with one of mine though. I was actually playing myself. Only I
was a spirit who could inhabit and take over other bodies (all the
players were). I started out in the body of a bullywug. I went
through some strange forms as I kept getting my body transformed. I
eventually took over an iron golem. One of the other players took over
a military robot complete with chain gun and missile launcher, another
one took over an alien (yes the kind from the move), all of us didn't
have much problems with those forms because of the lack of any
intelligence to fight with. However one of the others took over a very
simple (I.E. 3 int) but strong human who happened to be a pacifist
named Leroy who liked cows. He always had to make int vs. int checks
to be able to direct Leroy to do stuff in battle. Occasionally Leroy
would win and run away or try to comfort whoever he'd been beating on
saying things like "Leeeeroooyy sooowwy!" "Leeeeroooy Afeeeared of
Biiiig Buuug!" or just stand there and pick his nose for a round.

The guy who played Leroy generally had the weirdest and funniest
characters. His first in one of my campains started out as a wereboar,
and he got the nickname "Pigboy" ever after. The worst thing I ever
remember him doing was his ninja character who tried to steal some
stuff from a smith, the smith cought him, a fight ensued, and he ended
up inserting tongs up the smith's rear and opening them. (in his
defense the smith tried to do it to him first). This was also the same
character who flung coins around like shiriken and always seemed to
roll 20's when he did. Never could seem to hit much when he used his
katanas for some reason.

There is one other character I played that might qualify for the
weirdest, was in a Champions stupid superhero game (I often think
Mystery Men had something to do with someone who was in this campain).
I played Fatman, who had symbiotic alien fat, that required him to eat
frequently, but allowed him to bounce things off of him and do
superleaps by bellyfloping on the pavement.

- Justisaur
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 2:53:58 PM

"Mrs Pam Dillema" <freepaganchurch@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> yes i know this might seem a little stupid but i just gots ta know.
> my wierdest PC was a dwarf gnome cross breed that had a love hate
> relationship with magic, he was an illusionist cleric.

Darksun: A Mul pacifist who refused to fight at all, and would use his
wild talents to keep the other party members from "Fights" that he saw
as being
unneeded. He didn't step in to avoid all combat, but he did refuse to
fight back. In the end this got him killed, as a Half Giant challenged
him to a fight over
some "slap to the face insult" the Mul said about the 1/2 Giant being
"A honorless simpleton who delighted only in bloodshed."

The 1/2 Giant attacked. I handed the DM my character sheet and said,
"Vitus, refuses to fight back, and simply exposes his soft spots for
the Giant to attack. He believes this may make the giant back off."
IN the end, it only allowed the Giant to take his Tusk axe, and cut my
Mul in half.

Standard 3.5 (One shot adventure), Dwarven Cleric with ranks in
"Profession: Dragon Dentistry," Grimtooth Dragonfriend carried a very
large brush that could double as a quarter staff, or a Dragon
toothbrush. He offered Liar to Liar service, and did teeth cleaning,
pulling, healing of diseased teeth or gums, etc. Although he was never
a direct friend to dragons, he didn't discriminate between any dragon
types, he ended up making enemies of the party members, because he
found out a family group of Green Dragons were haunting a local woods,
and Grimtooth wanted to go offer his services as a Dentist, so that
the party could get to their destination a bit sooner by being allowed
to cross the Family's territory.

The young Green dragon came as a messenger from his mother to tell
Grimtooth that, he and only he would be allowed to come first, and
after he had completed his service, the party would be allowed to
quickly pass through the woods, as long as they didn't stay too long
on their path through. Grimtooth agreed, but a party member saw him
talking with a Green Dragon. The party member decided, He didn't hear
the conversation, and played perfectly within character, that
Grimtooth was trying to work directly with the Greens and alerted the
rest of the party to it. There was a face to face confrontation
between Grimtooth and the rest of the party, which resulted in
numerous wounds to the dwarven cleric. Just before what would have
been the death blow to the dwarf, the Greens came back as the family
unit, saw some people attacking the "Dentist, who was going to help
their mother feel less cranky," and unleashed everything on the party,
while one member grabbed Grimtooth.

The party died, and Grimtooth was forced to become Family dentist to
the Green family, until they either grew tired of him and they ate
him, he died of natural aging, or any thing that would result in one
side of the equation not having to honor any sort of contract.

And finally:
The one I never got a chance to play, a Conjurer with UA variants
Rapid Summoning, and custom summon charts. Her choices were going to
be para-elemental-templated creatures, or para-elementals depending on
the available choices due to level constrictions. Ooze, Ice, etc, etc.

DA
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 3:42:45 PM

Oh, a purple tortle ashakic might be my weirdest.
A tortle is a turtle-man from the Red Steel AD&D
setting. They are usually green...
Anonymous
September 22, 2005 7:40:26 PM

Dragonkat wrote:

> Oh, a purple tortle ashakic might be my weirdest.
> A tortle is a turtle-man from the Red Steel AD&D
> setting. They are usually green...

"Rrrrrrrrrrred steel... a magical metal..."

- Ron ^*^
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 6:50:08 AM

I had a Bullywug Monk named Rasputin.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

September 23, 2005 6:56:46 PM

vince garcia wrote:

> My best was Cetacious the Stupid, an ogre fighter w/a 3 Int. He was a
> fun character until the DM upped his Int thru a fountain, up to 9. He
> wasn't fun after that...

Freind of mine played this hulking, ultra-stupid caveman type named
Gorm, who was the life of the party for a while. A catchphrase that
endures to this day began when some other PC stated something baldly
obvious, to which our hero exclaimed, "Even GORM know that!" Years gone
by, we still invoke Gorm during similar moments.

Hilarity frequently ensued with this character. Another PC once
convinced Gorm that cows lay eggs, which fascinated him to no end.
Always thinking with his stomach, Gorm became obsessed with finding
cow's eggs, to the chagrin of many a butcher and farmer all over the
land.

Finally, since a frustrated caveman with a 19 Strength didn't make a
very good travelling companion, we decided to provide him with a "cow's
egg." We pickled a side of beef in a sealed barrel, painted the barrel
white, and presented it to Gorm one day as the item in question. He
cracked it open and chowed down, and all was well.

At least he didn't try and hatch it.

--
Jay Knioum
The Mad Afro

I must play pretty boring characters compared to some of the posted

My weirdest character was from 1E Oriental Adventures. He was a
hengeyokai (race) monkey-human wu-jen (wizard) named Yen Ching Chang
Hsien Chung who had a Robe of Many Things and, as one of his taboos, he
could only speak in questions ... never statements.

A lot of fun to play. Drove the other players crazy. :D

- Sheldon
Anonymous
September 23, 2005 10:07:49 PM

"Sheldon England" <sheldonengland@netscape.net> wrote in message
>I must play pretty boring characters compared to some of the posted
>
> My weirdest character was from 1E Oriental Adventures. He was a
> hengeyokai (race) monkey-human wu-jen (wizard) named Yen Ching Chang
> Hsien Chung who had a Robe of Many Things and, as one of his taboos, he
> could only speak in questions ... never statements.
>
> A lot of fun to play. Drove the other players crazy. :D

Why? :p

-==-
Jerry Chesko
Anonymous
September 24, 2005 2:28:57 AM

"Jerry Chesko" <res7g0hd@verizon.net> wrote in message

> "Sheldon England" <sheldonengland@netscape.net> wrote in message
>>I must play pretty boring characters compared to some of the posted
>>
>> My weirdest character was from 1E Oriental Adventures. He was a
>> hengeyokai (race) monkey-human wu-jen (wizard) named Yen Ching Chang
>> Hsien Chung who had a Robe of Many Things and, as one of his taboos, he
>> could only speak in questions ... never statements.
>>
>> A lot of fun to play. Drove the other players crazy. :D
>>

> Why? :p

Why do you think?

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

September 24, 2005 12:24:15 PM

Malachias Invictus wrote:
> I had a Bullywug Monk named Rasputin.

One of my players ran a duelist character (homebrew kit for 2e) who
specialized in chopsticks. One of his memorable exploits was when he
snatched the eye from a cyclops with a called shot.

--
Jay Knioum
The Mad Afro

madafro@grandecom.net wrote:

> vince garcia wrote:
>
> > My best was Cetacious the Stupid, an ogre fighter w/a 3 Int. He was a
> > fun character until the DM upped his Int thru a fountain, up to 9. He
> > wasn't fun after that...
>
> Freind of mine played this hulking, ultra-stupid caveman type named
> Gorm, who was the life of the party for a while. A catchphrase that
> endures to this day began when some other PC stated something baldly
> obvious, to which our hero exclaimed, "Even GORM know that!" Years gone
> by, we still invoke Gorm during similar moments.
>
> Hilarity frequently ensued with this character. Another PC once
> convinced Gorm that cows lay eggs, which fascinated him to no end.
> Always thinking with his stomach, Gorm became obsessed with finding
> cow's eggs, to the chagrin of many a butcher and farmer all over the
> land.
>
> Finally, since a frustrated caveman with a 19 Strength didn't make a
> very good travelling companion, we decided to provide him with a "cow's
> egg." We pickled a side of beef in a sealed barrel, painted the barrel
> white, and presented it to Gorm one day as the item in question. He
> cracked it open and chowed down, and all was well.
>
> At least he didn't try and hatch it.
>
> --
> Jay Knioum
> The Mad Afro

lol--thats great!
Anonymous
September 24, 2005 6:58:03 PM

Mrs Pam Dillema wrote:
> yes i know this might seem a little stupid but i just gots ta know.
> my wierdest PC was a dwarf gnome cross breed that had a love hate
> relationship with magic, he was an illusionist cleric.

When I think of weird characters, I think of the old 1E and 2E Gamma
World game, which let you come up with all sorts of weird characters. I
remember one called "Grand Atom Moonwasp" who was a telekinetic
shape-changing half-wasp/half-moon lichen living in a decayed lunar
colony. He traveled with the other characters across the airless
moonscape by living inside another character's helmet, and when that
character did something Grand Atom Moonwasp thought was stupid, Mr.
Moonwasp would sting the character just above the eyebrows where he
couldn't scratch the very painful and annoying itch.
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 2:22:06 AM

Matt Frisch wrote:
> I don't really see how you *can* play [an atheist in a D&D game]. It
> would be akin to not believing in gravity.

Shouldn't be difficult at all. The atheist need merely point out the
godless clerics and say to the rest, "See? Your power obviously comes
from your own faith, not from an invisible pink unicorn. You're fooling
yourself."
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:22:06 GMT, "Bradd W. Szonye" <bradd+news@szonye.com>
scribed into the ether:

>Matt Frisch wrote:
>> I don't really see how you *can* play [an atheist in a D&D game]. It
>> would be akin to not believing in gravity.
>
>Shouldn't be difficult at all. The atheist need merely point out the
>godless clerics and say to the rest, "See? Your power obviously comes
>from your own faith, not from an invisible pink unicorn. You're fooling
>yourself."

I can go to a roadside and pick blackberries, but that doesn't negate the
existance of blackberry farms.
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 4:48:35 AM

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 22:22:06 GMT, "Bradd W. Szonye" <bradd+news@szonye.com>
> scribed into the ether:
>

>>Matt Frisch wrote:
>>
>>>I don't really see how you *can* play [an atheist in a D&D game]. It
>>>would be akin to not believing in gravity.
>>
>>Shouldn't be difficult at all. The atheist need merely point out the
>>godless clerics and say to the rest, "See? Your power obviously comes
>
>>from your own faith, not from an invisible pink unicorn. You're fooling
>
>>yourself."
>

> I can go to a roadside and pick blackberries, but that doesn't negate the
> existance of blackberry farms.

Especially in this case, where the blackberry farm could materialize
behind you while you're denying its existence and say "I'm neither
invisible nor pink. How dark do you want your ass to be after I've
finished frying it?"

--
Sea Wasp
/^\
Live Journal: http://www.livejournal.com/users/seawasp/
Anonymous
September 30, 2005 5:08:25 AM

Matt Frisch wrote:
>> I can go to a roadside and pick blackberries, but that doesn't negate
>> the existance of blackberry farms.

The point is not whether they exist, but whether the atheist can
plausibly deny them. The existence of godless clerics makes that easy.

Sea Wasp wrote:
> Especially in this case, where the blackberry farm could materialize
> behind you while you're denying its existence and say "I'm neither
> invisible nor pink. How dark do you want your ass to be after I've
> finished frying it?"

But then James T. Kirk can kick your ass and /prove/ you're not a god.
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd

A female, 3th level spell thief with a name called Windle. I mean, I think Windle is a guy's name, and I don't why I'm in a prestige class, even though I should have been a rouge. The reason he wants me a spell thief for opening locks, and disable traps, while his warforged rouge does the sneak attack and tanking with a half dragon fighter. In fact, I do not even know why he made me a spell thief in the first place (not the theif part).
!