Can't Play DVDs with GeForce 3

NightEye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003
I can't get DVDs to play. I have a GeForce 3 Ti500 with tv-out. I keep getting the macrovision errors in all the DVD Players I've tried. None of these macrovision-free programs are working for me either. Windows says I need to disable tv-out, but I can't seem to be able to do that with the latest Detonater drivers.

Anyone have any ideas on what's going? The DVDs are legit and WORK (I can hear the audio - just no video because of the macrovision protection - it thinks the tv-out is enable and won't play the movie!!) It's quite annoying to not be able to watch my DVDs on my computer.

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

- Mike

tombance

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2002
You DO need to disable TV out. I think software players have protection to prevent DVD copying so that when TV out is enabled the video wont show and thus you cant copy the DVD onto a VCR. I think macrovision make this protection.

<A HREF="http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=5467618 " target="_new">Almost Breaking 12k!!</A>

NightEye

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2003
Yeah - but I can't figure out HOW to disable it. I've looked everywhere in my Windows/GeForce 3 settings pages and I can't find the right button to click.