Need database recommendation

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

I've got a few thousand cards - mainly 4e, IA, AL, MI, VI. I'm looking for a
database to help me catalogue these up and preferably have some kind of
excel/cvs/html export option.

I've not played MTG for many years now and am looking to dispose of these on
ebay. Is there likely to be much interest in these? I'm based in the UK.

--
remove numbers from email address to reply

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
> I've got a few thousand cards - mainly 4e, IA, AL, MI, VI. I'm looking
> for a database to help me catalogue these up and preferably have some
> kind of excel/cvs/html export option.

Excel, really.

> I've not played MTG for many years now and am looking to dispose of these
> on ebay.

Don't try it here.

> Is there likely to be much interest in these? I'm based in the UK.

Ask on a UK-specific group. Do not ask here.

--
Twelve points to ... SLOVENIA!

David Chapman wrote:

> From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
>> I've got a few thousand cards - mainly 4e, IA, AL, MI, VI. I'm looking
>> for a database to help me catalogue these up and preferably have some
>> kind of excel/cvs/html export option.
>
> Excel, really.

Is that the best there is? Bummer... Anyone got a good spreadsheet to get me
started?

>> I've not played MTG for many years now and am looking to dispose of these
>> on ebay.
>
> Don't try it here.

No - on ebay like I said. Please don't waste bandwith with your trolling.

I mention this in the context of finding a suitable database. I don't need
pretty pictures or 'card values'. Just something for easy data entry and
some kind of export.

>> Is there likely to be much interest in these? I'm based in the UK.
>
> Ask on a UK-specific group. Do not ask here.

A UK specific group is unsuitable: I mention that I'm in the UK not because
I'm xenophobic but to put the question in context. Maybe there's hoards of
MTG fans in the EU or elsewhere who don't mind the extra postage.

--
remove numbers from email address to reply

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
> David Chapman wrote:

>>> I've not played MTG for many years now and am looking to dispose of
>>> these on ebay.
>>
>> Don't try it here.
>
> No - on ebay like I said. Please don't waste bandwith with your trolling.

Try reading the charter before acting the fool. The group rules treat all
sale, trade and auction advertisements as spam and discussion of such things
is strictly forbidden. It's a very good way to lose your Usenet access
and/or ISP account, which is why you and everyone thinking of making an
offer got the polite warning.

--
Twelve points to ... SLOVENIA!

David Chapman wrote:

> From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:

>>> Don't try it here.
>>
>> No - on ebay like I said. Please don't waste bandwith with your trolling.
>
> Try reading the charter before acting the fool. The group rules treat all
> sale, trade and auction advertisements as spam and discussion of such
> things
> is strictly forbidden. It's a very good way to lose your Usenet access
> and/or ISP account, which is why you and everyone thinking of making an
> offer got the polite warning.

Nice use of selective quoting. Nice how you imply that I'm soliciting offers
by email when this was never the case.

This thread was never about auctions per se. It was about cataloguing tools
and whether it was worth the effort using them as an alternative to the
recycle bin.

However maybe r.g.t-c.m.m.a is a better place to get the answers I want I'll
move the discussion there before you drive it further OT here.

--
remove numbers from email address to reply

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Jonathan Lonsdale sez:

<<

>David Chapman wrote:
>
>> From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:

>>> No - on ebay like I said. Please don't waste bandwith with your trolling.
>>
>> Try reading the charter before acting the fool. The group rules treat all
>> sale, trade and auction advertisements as spam and discussion of such
>> things
>> is strictly forbidden. It's a very good way to lose your Usenet access
>> and/or ISP account, which is why you and everyone thinking of making an
>> offer got the polite warning.
>
>Nice use of selective quoting. Nice how you imply that I'm soliciting offers
>by email when this was never the case.

Huh? Now I'm confused. Where did he say you were e-mailing people? He's just
reminding you not to post those ebay sales here, lest you lose your account.
You can E-mail people all you want about it, and they will read (or delete)
them at their leisure, and the snarky will block you or report you. But if you
post it here, you'll definitely be reported...

----
"I feel like 'Cactus Gavvy' Cravath. Do you know who that is? Right. Nobody
does. He's the guy who had the home run record before Babe Ruth came along."
--Tom Walsh, whom Ken Jennings passed to become winningest ever Jeopardy!
champion

"Andy Jakcsy" <djaxmann@aol.computer> wrote in message
> Jonathan Lonsdale sez:
> >Nice use of selective quoting. Nice how you imply that I'm soliciting
offers
> >by email when this was never the case.
>
> Huh? Now I'm confused. Where did he say you were e-mailing people?

Let me reemphesise: soliciting 'offers by email'. i.e. I want people to
email me with offers. They wouldn't post a private offer in a newsgroup
would they?

>He's just
> reminding you not to post those ebay sales here, lest you lose your
account.
> You can E-mail people all you want about it, and they will read (or
delete)
> them at their leisure, and the snarky will block you or report you. But
if you
> post it here, you'll definitely be reported...

May I remind you not to drink drive or engage in other such anti-social
behaviour? I hope you don't find the request insulting but I would

I've been using usenet for many years by most peoples standards (13 years)
and I work for an ISP. I find the insinuation that I'd post an advertisement
in a discussion group very insulting.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
> "Andy Jakcsy" <djaxmann@aol.computer> wrote in message
>> Jonathan Lonsdale sez:
>>> Nice use of selective quoting. Nice how you imply that I'm soliciting
>>> offers by email when this was never the case.
>>
>> Huh? Now I'm confused. Where did he say you were e-mailing people?
>
> Let me reemphesise: soliciting 'offers by email'. i.e. I want people to
> email me with offers. They wouldn't post a private offer in a newsgroup
> would they?

Ah - so that credit card theft spammer I heard from this morning isn't
*really* spamming, because he wants me to e-mail him my credit card details
in private rather than give them out to everyone he spammed. My God, how
could I have been confused for so long!

>> He's just
>> reminding you not to post those ebay sales here, lest you lose your
>> account. You can E-mail people all you want about it, and they will read
>> (or delete) them at their leisure, and the snarky will block you or
>> report you. But if you post it here, you'll definitely be reported...
>
> May I remind you not to drink drive or engage in other such anti-social
> behaviour? I hope you don't find the request insulting but I would

IME the only people who are offended by requests to behave responsibly are
the people who want to behave irresponsibly and are not being permitted to
do so. People who behave responsibly generally don't find these requests
offensive, perhaps because they already complying with said requests and as
such are not affected by them, and perhaps because as a general rule it's
the responsible people who comply to these requests that are being
endangered and/or made unhappy through no fault of their own by the
irresponsible people who don't.

> I've been using usenet for many years by most peoples standards (13 years)
> and I work for an ISP.

Wow - 13 years of Usenet experience, and you still haven't learned to lurk
for a while and read the charter/FAQ before posting to a new group. That's
an impressive lack of Clue you've got there.

> I find the insinuation that I'd post an
> advertisement in a discussion group very insulting.

Then don't say "I've got cards to auction" in a group where replying "I'll
buy them" earns you an ISP report.

--
Twelve points to ... SLOVENIA!

David Chapman wrote:
> From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:

>>>Don't try it here.
>>
>>No - on ebay like I said. Please don't waste bandwith with your trolling.
>

> Try reading the charter before acting the fool. The group rules treat all
> sale, trade and auction advertisements as spam and discussion of such things
> is strictly forbidden. It's a very good way to lose your Usenet access
> and/or ISP account, which is why you and everyone thinking of making an
> offer got the polite warning.

David, charters don't hold that much sway over system administrators as
they used to.

--
From the mind of Andrew Kicks
--A heartless man,

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:20:01 +0100, "Jonathan Lonsdale"
<jon-news44@jlonsdale55.net> wrote:

>"Andy Jakcsy" <djaxmann@aol.computer> wrote in message

>> Huh? Now I'm confused. Where did he say you were e-mailing people?
>
>Let me reemphesise: soliciting 'offers by email'. i.e. I want people to
>email me with offers. They wouldn't post a private offer in a newsgroup
>would they?

But nobody mentioned emails in any shape or form untill you did...?

>>He's just
>> reminding you not to post those ebay sales here, lest you lose your
>account.
>> You can E-mail people all you want about it, and they will read (or
>delete)
>> them at their leisure, and the snarky will block you or report you. But
>if you
>> post it here, you'll definitely be reported...
>
>May I remind you not to drink drive or engage in other such anti-social
>behaviour? I hope you don't find the request insulting but I would

If somebody wrote in:
**
Woohoo, I just bought a new car/mc, it is just so great!!!
Oh, and btw I am going to be drinking this weekend.
**
Then yes, I would probably throw in a small, polite remark about not
drinking and driving.

You wrote a question here about a database for sorting your cards, and
then mentioned that this was specifically with the purpose of sale in
mind - reminding you not to do the sale or advertise here was IMHO not
out of line...

>I've been using usenet for many years by most peoples standards (13 years)
>and I work for an ISP. I find the insinuation that I'd post an advertisement
>in a discussion group very insulting.

And if David was psychic, then I would agree with you. But since he
(to my knowledge) is not, then I think that you are overreacting -
especially since you thus must be aware that many people are ignorant
or indifferent about how to behave on usenet.

He gave you a piece of advice you didn't need, so what? It's not the
end of the world, and if you had replied "oh, I know - I have been
using usenet for 13 years" instead of accusing him of trolling, then
he might even have offered you a small apology then and there...

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann

"David Chapman" <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
> > "Andy Jakcsy" <djaxmann@aol.computer> wrote in message
> >> Jonathan Lonsdale sez:
> >>
> >> Huh? Now I'm confused. Where did he say you were e-mailing people?
> >
> > Let me reemphesise: soliciting 'offers by email'. i.e. I want people to
> > email me with offers. They wouldn't post a private offer in a newsgroup
> > would they?
>
> Ah - so that credit card theft spammer I heard from this morning isn't
> *really* spamming, because he wants me to e-mail him my credit card
details
> in private rather than give them out to everyone he spammed. My God, how
> could I have been confused for so long!
>
> >> He's just
> >> reminding you not to post those ebay sales here, lest you lose your
> >> account. You can E-mail people all you want about it, and they will
read
> >> (or delete) them at their leisure, and the snarky will block you or
> >> report you. But if you post it here, you'll definitely be reported...
> >
> > May I remind you not to drink drive or engage in other such anti-social
> > behaviour? I hope you don't find the request insulting but I would
>
> IME the only people who are offended by requests to behave responsibly are
> the people who want to behave irresponsibly and are not being permitted to
> do so. People who behave responsibly generally don't find these requests
> offensive, perhaps because they already complying with said requests and
as
> such are not affected by them, and perhaps because as a general rule it's
> the responsible people who comply to these requests that are being
> endangered and/or made unhappy through no fault of their own by the
> irresponsible people who don't.
>
> > I've been using usenet for many years by most peoples standards (13
years)
> > and I work for an ISP.
>
> Wow - 13 years of Usenet experience, and you still haven't learned to lurk
> for a while and read the charter/FAQ before posting to a new group.
That's
> an impressive lack of Clue you've got there.
>
> > I find the insinuation that I'd post an
> > advertisement in a discussion group very insulting.
>
> Then don't say "I've got cards to auction" in a group where replying "I'll
> buy them" earns you an ISP report.

David,

FYI I did read both the faq and selected archives prior to posting. There
has been little need to lurk since dejanews launched in 1995.

Despite your quoting me out of context, twisted paraphrasing, baseless
insinuations and continual reference to the charter the original post was
on-topic. Deal with it.

This thread is now so far removed from the original post with your tedious
point-scoring it is untrue. If you're no troll then you do a very good
impression of one. Congratulations.

--

"Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.REMOVETHIS.dk> wrote in message
> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:20:01 +0100, "Jonathan Lonsdale"
> <jon-news44@jlonsdale55.net> wrote:
>
> >"Andy Jakcsy" <djaxmann@aol.computer> wrote in message
>
> >> Huh? Now I'm confused. Where did he say you were e-mailing people?
> >
> >Let me reemphesise: soliciting 'offers by email'. i.e. I want people to
> >email me with offers. They wouldn't post a private offer in a newsgroup
> >would they?
>
> But nobody mentioned emails in any shape or form untill you did...?

Like I said - it was implied. I wouldn't expect private offers to be posted
in a newsgroup even where advertisements were permitted. The point is moot
though since there was NO such solicitation despite David's fantasies.

> >>He's just
> >> reminding you not to post those ebay sales here, lest you lose your
> >account.
> >> You can E-mail people all you want about it, and they will read (or
> >delete)
> >> them at their leisure, and the snarky will block you or report you.
But
> >if you
> >> post it here, you'll definitely be reported...
> >
> >May I remind you not to drink drive or engage in other such anti-social
> >behaviour? I hope you don't find the request insulting but I would
>
> If somebody wrote in:
> **
> Woohoo, I just bought a new car/mc, it is just so great!!!
> Oh, and btw I am going to be drinking this weekend.
> **
> Then yes, I would probably throw in a small, polite remark about not
> drinking and driving.

Like I say - I wouldn't and I would find it insulting. I know plenty of
people who drive. I know plenty who drink socially. I don't expect them to
do it at the same time and I would deem it condescending to imply otherwise
unless I had some knowledge which gave me such justification.

> You wrote a question here about a database for sorting your cards, and
> then mentioned that this was specifically with the purpose of sale in
> mind - reminding you not to do the sale or advertise here was IMHO not
> out of line...
>
> >I've been using usenet for many years by most peoples standards (13
years)
> >and I work for an ISP. I find the insinuation that I'd post an
> >in a discussion group very insulting.
>
> And if David was psychic, then I would agree with you. But since he
> (to my knowledge) is not, then I think that you are overreacting -
> especially since you thus must be aware that many people are ignorant
> or indifferent about how to behave on usenet.
>

> He gave you a piece of advice you didn't need, so what? It's not the
> end of the world, and if you had replied "oh, I know - I have been
> using usenet for 13 years" instead of accusing him of trolling, then
> he might even have offered you a small apology then and there...

Maybe you saw a piece of friendly advice. I saw a curt and condescending
remark that was without basis. Maybe I misinterpreted. Maybe not.

--
Remove numbers from email address to reply.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 09:29:47 GMT, The Kicksen
<slapkicksy@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>> Try reading the charter before acting the fool. The group rules treat all
>> sale, trade and auction advertisements as spam and discussion of such things
>> is strictly forbidden. It's a very good way to lose your Usenet access
>> and/or ISP account, which is why you and everyone thinking of making an
>> offer got the polite warning.
>
>David, charters don't hold that much sway over system administrators as
>they used to.

Shhh don't ruin his fun!

- Ed
http://www.antiexperience.com/edtang/

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
> "Simon Nejmann" <snejmann@worldonline.REMOVETHIS.dk> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:20:01 +0100, "Jonathan Lonsdale"
>> <jon-news44@jlonsdale55.net> wrote:

>>> May I remind you not to drink drive or engage in other such anti-social
>>> behaviour? I hope you don't find the request insulting but I would
>>
>> If somebody wrote in:
>> **
>> Woohoo, I just bought a new car/mc, it is just so great!!!
>> Oh, and btw I am going to be drinking this weekend.
>> **
>> Then yes, I would probably throw in a small, polite remark about not
>> drinking and driving.
>
> Like I say - I wouldn't and I would find it insulting. I know plenty of
> people who drive. I know plenty who drink socially. I don't expect them to
> do it at the same time and I would deem it condescending to imply
> otherwise unless I had some knowledge which gave me such justification.

So as a lifelong non-smoker I should be offended and feel condescended to
when I see a No Smoking sign? Because that is a perfectly consistent
extension of your insane troll logic.

--
Twelve points to ... SLOVENIA!

> So as a lifelong non-smoker I should be offended and feel condescended to
> when I see a No Smoking sign? Because that is a perfectly consistent
> extension of your insane troll logic.

Depends on what was on the sign...

1: "No Smoking"
2: "Hey YOU! David Chapman! DO NOT SMOKE HERE!"

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
> "David Chapman" <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> So as a lifelong non-smoker I should be offended and feel condescended to
>> when I see a No Smoking sign? Because that is a perfectly consistent
>> extension of your insane troll logic.
>
> Depends on what was on the sign...
>
> 1: "No Smoking"
> 2: "Hey YOU! David Chapman! DO NOT SMOKE HERE!"

Except the "sign" requesting that you not discuss sales, trades and auctions
*does* apply to everyone and not just you.

--
Twelve points to ... SLOVENIA!

David Chapman wrote:
> From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
>> "David Chapman" <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> So as a lifelong non-smoker I should be offended and feel condescended
>>> when I see a No Smoking sign? Because that is a perfectly consistent
>>> extension of your insane troll logic.
>>
>> Depends on what was on the sign...
>>
>> 1: "No Smoking"
>> 2: "Hey YOU! David Chapman! DO NOT SMOKE HERE!"
>
> Except the "sign" requesting that you not discuss sales, trades and
> auctions *does* apply to everyone and not just you.

That's what you think when you read sign 2 is it - that it is directed to
everyone in general and not you personally?

What do you think when you read sign 3?

3: "Look David, absolutely NO SMOKING HERE!
Do NOT even THINK about it!
Your smoking WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
here in our hospital/restaurant/petrol station/log cabin.
We have rules and regulations here you know -
you did read read the rules didn't you David?
Jeez David, as a life long smoker I thought you
would have read the f'kn rules!
We are sending the dearest comrade fairies round now
to confiscate your cigarettes!"

--
remove numbers from email address to reply

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
> David Chapman wrote:
>> From the Collected Witterings of Jonathan Lonsdale, volume 23:
>>> "David Chapman" <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Depends on what was on the sign...
>>>
>>> 1: "No Smoking"
>>> 2: "Hey YOU! David Chapman! DO NOT SMOKE HERE!"
>>
>> Except the "sign" requesting that you not discuss sales, trades and
>> auctions *does* apply to everyone and not just you.
>
> That's what you think when you read sign 2 is it - that it is directed to
> everyone in general and not you personally?
>
> What do you think when you read sign 3?

That's not a sign. That's what happens when you ignore the sign you claim
to have read.

--
Twelve points to ... SLOVENIA!

Kevin C. <nomail@fake.com> wrote:
>I've got cards to auction.

Please don't do it here; the correct group is
rec.games.trading-cards.marketplace.magic.auctions .

(Yes, I _know_ what the thread is about. What you don't seem to grasp is
that without vigilance, each and every time? The group degenerates fairly
quickly, through newbies reading ONE POST out of a thread and none of the
context, into a sales/trade/auction-filled wasteland.)

Dave

"Jonathan Lonsdale" <jon-news123@123jlonsdale.net> wrote in message
> I've got a few thousand cards - mainly 4e, IA, AL, MI, VI. I'm looking for
> database to help me catalogue these up and preferably have some kind of
> excel/cvs/html export option.

Magic Suitcase. It'd old and hasn't had a set update in a while, but it's
free and works rock solid. All of the cards you have are old enough anyway
so it's not an issue. :)

> I've not played MTG for many years now and am looking to dispose of these
on
> ebay. Is there likely to be much interest in these? I'm based in the UK.

Well, obviously it depends on your singles but there is still plenty of
interest in the market if that's what you're asking.

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

"David Chapman" <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> So as a lifelong non-smoker I should be offended and feel condescended to
> when I see a No Smoking sign? Because that is a perfectly consistent
> extension of your insane troll logic.

Poor analogy. A No Smoking sign is more akin to a periodic FAQ posting. It's
there for everyone to read and not directed to anyone in particular.
Bringing up the charter in a reply to a specific post, for no particular
reason, is akin to a host greeting you and then throwing in "by the way,
don't smoke here, in case you were thinking of doing it." If such a thing
were to happen I would be asking myself what I did that would suggest I was
going to smoke. Would I be offended? No. But I would think the host was a
jackass, and here we are.

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 00:10:24 GMT, "Kevin C." <nomail@fake.com> wrote:

>"David Chapman" <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> So as a lifelong non-smoker I should be offended and feel condescended to
>> when I see a No Smoking sign? Because that is a perfectly consistent
>> extension of your insane troll logic.
>
>Poor analogy. A No Smoking sign is more akin to a periodic FAQ posting. It's
>there for everyone to read and not directed to anyone in particular.

Didn't you just admit that you don't read No Smoking signs unless you
have a question?

>Bringing up the charter in a reply to a specific post, for no particular
>reason, is akin to a host greeting you and then throwing in "by the way,
>don't smoke here, in case you were thinking of doing it."
To the person that seemed to be reaching for a lighter, perhaps?
Granted, I think you just have a nervous habit of flicking your
lighter, maybe, but...

>If such a thing
>were to happen I would be asking myself what I did that would suggest I was
>going to smoke. Would I be offended? No. But I would think the host was a
>jackass, and here we are.

I think to David, it looked like you might smoke. He's a bit
reactionary, to be sure, but he *really* doesn't like smokers.

-- pseudosoldier

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 01:23:36 GMT, pseudosoldier@hotmail.com
(pseudosoldier) wrote:

>On Thu, 08 Jul 2004 00:10:24 GMT, "Kevin C." <nomail@fake.com> wrote:
>

>>If such a thing
>>were to happen I would be asking myself what I did that would suggest I was
>>going to smoke. Would I be offended? No. But I would think the host was a
>>jackass, and here we are.
>>
>I think to David, it looked like you might smoke. He's a bit
>reactionary, to be sure, but he *really* doesn't like smokers.

Apologies: I just checked and you aren't the OP. The rest of what I
said is still relevent (IMO, of course).

-- pseudosoldier

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Kevin C. wrote:

> > Then don't say "I've got cards to auction" in a group where replying "I'll
> > buy them" earns you an ISP report.
>
> Which means what, exactly? You know, just to satisfy my own morbid curiosity
> about whether SBC cares more about the rantings of a random Usenet nerd or
> the $30 I give them every month, I will say it:
>
> I've got cards to auction.

I'll buy them ;-)

--

David

> That's not a sign. That's what happens when you ignore the sign you claim
> to have read.

LOL - what are you smoking now? Sign 3 is what you get to read after sign 2.

You don't like my signs - try this scenario...

Imagine you're waiting in a doctor's surgery. There are discreet 'No
Smoking' signs around. To pass the time you select opener #5287 from your
repertoire of small talk:

David Chapman: "Hey, I hear the chancellor is raising tobacco duty again..."

Self-Righteous Moron: "Tobacco??? Do you realise that there is NO SMOKING
here? Don't try it here, sonny!"

DC: "I was actually talking about taxation. I've no intention of smoking
here and I resent that."

SRM: "READ THE SIGN! Smoking is strictly prohibited here! You could be
removed the patient register for that if I report you!"

DC: "I'm actually a life-long non-smoker and do work for a charity involved
in raising awareness of smoke-related health issues. I find your unfounded
insinuations insulting."

SRM: "Look - you said tobacco duty was going up. That means you've just got
off a ferry from France with a boot full of cheap cigarettes to sell and you
are trying to sell them here. Are you trying to turn this place into a smoke
filled orgy or what?? You are going to be reported to HM Customs and
Excise!!!"

--
Remove numbers from email address to reply.