Status
Not open for further replies.
Generally speaking an aluminum cooler pad will work a little better if it is in direct contact with the laptop.

That laptop cooler may or may not work effectively. That's because the fan are fixed and only cools the bottom of the laptop. A cooler that has movable fans is better because you can place the fans where the vents are on the underside of the laptop.

I bought the Cooler Master NotePal U2 to cool my laptop.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997730&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Accessories+-+Notebooks/Tablet+PCs-_-Cooler+Master-_-34997730

Cooling also depends also depends on how the laptop is designed internally and externally. I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y470. Even when the CPU hit 98C (playing GTA 4) the underside of the laptop only felt a little warm. I can place it on my lap (bare skin) at that point and it is still comfortable to use. No wonder Lenovo calls the underside of the laptop a "thermal panel".

Since the thermal panel is designed to limit the transfer of heat, and the fans are simply blowing cooler air at the thermal panel, then the Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 does not get cooled.

I placed the fans in positions that would blow air directly into the vents. Unfortunately, that did not lower the temps. There must be some internal design that limits the amount of air that can go into the laptop.

Based on reviews the Cooler Master U2 / U3 can generally cool a laptop by about 3c to 5c depending on the laptop. If you have the same laptop that I do then it will be 0c.

Status
Not open for further replies.