What theme deck

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Hi,
It is now about 2 years since I played a game of Magic.
Don't know why but recently I feel like playing agame.
Since I don't know much about te recent tricks and cards I decided to first
try some online games.
To do so I thought about buying one of the theme decks.
My question is... what is a good, playable theme deck from the most recent
series
(I can buy: Onslqught, Legions, Scourge, 8th, Mirrodin, Darksteel)
(I like blue en red most)
Thank you for your kind help and maybe, see you online.
JP

Jean-Paul De Winter wrote:

> My question is... what is a good, playable theme deck from the most recent
> series
> (I can buy: Onslqught, Legions, Scourge, 8th, Mirrodin, Darksteel)

Well, one of them (Transference; Darksteel -
http://wizards.com/magic/displaythemedeck.asp?set=darksteel&decknum=4&lang=en)
has 2 Skullclamps, meaning it is illegal for use in Standard format.
(Additionally, if you play it in non-Standard format, you may get some
negative reactions from people.)

If I could only buy one, I'd consider these factors:

o How long will it remain playable in Standard format? The Mirrodin and
Darksteel decks will be playable until Mirrodin block rotates out, late
in 2005.

o Which decks can be improved most by the addition of cheap cards,
mainly commons? The Mirrodin Bait & Bludgeon deck (Affinity) can evolve
into a decent affinity deck with the addition of things like Arcbound
Workers, red mana and Pyrite Spellbombs, etc.

o Which decks might contribute most toward your growing collection
(e.g., have useful utility cards)? Any of the decks with Equipment fill
this role nicely.

--
(Posted from an account used as a SPAM dump. If you really want to get
in touch with me, dump the 'jboes' and substitute 'mur'.)

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

"Jean-Paul De Winter" <jp.dewinter@pandora.be> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
> It is now about 2 years since I played a game of Magic.
> Don't know why but recently I feel like playing agame.

Didn't anyone tell you you can lose the habbit, but not the addiction? :)

> Since I don't know much about te recent tricks and cards I decided to
first
> try some online games.
> To do so I thought about buying one of the theme decks.
> My question is... what is a good, playable theme deck from the most recent
> series
> (I can buy: Onslqught, Legions, Scourge, 8th, Mirrodin, Darksteel)
> (I like blue en red most)
> Thank you for your kind help and maybe, see you online.

If you are planning to try it out online, to later transfer back to
cardboard magic, why not try any of the free programs for playing online?
You have lots more options to learn the tricks, and have a better look at
the sets, while you keep the money for the cards/sets you like most irl. On
the other hand, If you want to try modo, why don't you give something from
mirrodin block a try. Lots of neat tricks and artifacts.

> JP

Greetz Nico

TRENDING THREADS