Here it is, folks... Our time of waiting and slogging through the
hardtack and beans mediocrity of the Lord of the Rings movies is finally
at an end... Once again we can enjoy a fantasy movie WORTHY of the name
Dungeons and Dragons:

* * * * *

The Sci Fi channel will be premiering Dungeons & Dragons II: Wrath of
the Dragon God, Saturday October 8. From scifi.com: "Five heroes
undertake a quest to prevent the rise of a dragon god and an evil
sorcerer -- who intend to subjugate the world under their reign of fire
and shadow."
Mark Dymond (the James Bond film Die Another Day), Bruce Payne
(reprising his role as Damodar from the original Dungeons & Dragons) and
Clemency Burton-Hill (the upcoming miniseries Supernova) star in this
fantasy epic.

more...

Based on the phenomenally successful role-playing game, Dungeons &
Dragons 2 takes you deeper into the dark and fantastical world of this
fantasy epic. When the evil sorcerer Damodar braves a perilous whirlwind
vortex to steal the elemental black orb he declares a sinister plan of
vengeance against the kingdom of Ismir. Berek, a decorated warrior, and
Melora, an amateur sorceress join four heroes representing Intelligence,
Wisdom, Honor and Strength to battle against Damodar's growing army of
gruesome creatures, flying harpies and an ice dragon to reach a vault
room holding the orb. Together, they build their own army to retrieve
the orb using elemental forces to defeat Damodar before he summons the
sleeping black dragon whose omnipotent evil powers could lay waste to
the entire kingdom.

WORLD PREMIERE: Saturday, Oct. 8, at 9/8C on Sci Fi
LATE NIGHT ENCORE: @ 1:30am/2:30C

A movie that's SO BAD they can't even count!

Werebat wrote:
> From scifi.com: "Five heroes
> undertake a quest to prevent the rise of a dragon god and an evil
> sorcerer ...

5 heroes. 5.

> Berek, a decorated warrior, and

That's 1!

> Melora, an amateur sorceress

2! We have 2!

> join four heroes representing Intelligence,
> Wisdom, Honor and Strength to battle against Damodar's growing army ...

And 4 more. 2 + 4 == 5. 5?

This is like admitting I paid to see the first one, but wasn't Damodar
a plain vanilla fighter?

In article <>, WDS <Bill@seurer.net> wrote:
>A movie that's SO BAD they can't even count!
>
>Werebat wrote:
>> From scifi.com: "Five heroes
>> undertake a quest to prevent the rise of a dragon god and an evil
>> sorcerer ...
>
>5 heroes. 5.
>
>> Berek, a decorated warrior, and
>
>That's 1!
>
>> Melora, an amateur sorceress
>
>2! We have 2!
>
>> join four heroes representing Intelligence,
>> Wisdom, Honor and Strength to battle against Damodar's growing army ...
>
>And 4 more. 2 + 4 == 5. 5?

I was thinking that, too. I bet one of the four dies, and Berek
has to fill that slot...

Donald

WDS wrote:
> A movie that's SO BAD they can't even count!
>
> Werebat wrote:
>> From scifi.com: "Five heroes
>> undertake a quest to prevent the rise of a dragon god and an evil
>> sorcerer ...
>
> 5 heroes. 5.
>
>> Berek, a decorated warrior, and
>
> That's 1!
>
>> Melora, an amateur sorceress
>
> 2! We have 2!
>
>> join four heroes representing Intelligence,
>> Wisdom, Honor and Strength to battle against Damodar's growing army
>
> And 4 more. 2 + 4 == 5. 5?

Clearly, either Berek or Melora have overstated their 'hero' status.

--
Mark.

Chris Dudley wrote:

> This is like admitting I paid to see the first one, but wasn't Damodar
> a plain vanilla fighter?

This is admitting I followed the promotional materials pre-movie too
closely, but the writers of the first D&D movie apparently had some sort
of secret backstory for Damodar they'd have used for the second part of
their trilogy (the third part involved the secret backstory of that imp
Profion was using to spy on the protagonists -- apparently it was
serving as the advanced scout of an Infernal invasion, which would have
been Dungeons & Dragons III's plot).

IIRC, they kept saying his blue lips and armor tied into it. Possibly he
was a half-dragon (black) or something, in which case him summoning an
evil black dragon god makes sense.
--
Stephenls
Geek

WDS wrote:

> A movie that's SO BAD they can't even count!
>
> Werebat wrote:
>
>>From scifi.com: "Five heroes
>>undertake a quest to prevent the rise of a dragon god and an evil
>>sorcerer ...
>

> 5 heroes. 5.
>

>>Berek, a decorated warrior, and
>

> That's 1!
>

>>Melora, an amateur sorceress
>

> 2! We have 2!
>

>>join four heroes representing Intelligence,
>>Wisdom, Honor and Strength to battle against Damodar's growing army ...
>

> And 4 more. 2 + 4 == 5. 5?

Yeah... It's character sheet math, all over again.

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 03:00:05 GMT, Dirk Collins
<dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote:

>WDS wrote:
>> And 4 more. 2 + 4 == 5. 5?
>
>Yeah... It's character sheet math, all over again.

No no, in character sheet math 2 (BAB) + 4 (Strength bonus) = 8
Unless the DM is looking directly over your shoulder.

Chad Lubrecht wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 03:00:05 GMT, Dirk Collins
> <dirk.collins@Earthlink.Net> wrote:
>

>>WDS wrote:
>>
>>>And 4 more. 2 + 4 == 5. 5?
>>
>>Yeah... It's character sheet math, all over again.
>

> No no, in character sheet math 2 (BAB) + 4 (Strength bonus) = 8
> Unless the DM is looking directly over your shoulder.

Ahhh. Yes, of course.

drow

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2004

Alien mind control rays made WDS <Bill@seurer.net> write:
> And 4 more. 2 + 4 == 5. 5?

someone's a cohort?

--
\^\ // drow@bin.sh (CARRIER LOST) <http://www.bin.sh/>
\ // - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Stephenls wrote:
> IIRC, they kept saying his blue lips and armor tied into it.

He's the BLUE LIP GUY? OMG! That was one of the really stupid things
about the first movie. Maybe he'll have bright orange ears or
something this time.

WDS wrote:
> Stephenls wrote:
> > IIRC, they kept saying his blue lips and armor tied into it.
>
> He's the BLUE LIP GUY? OMG! That was one of the really stupid things
> about the first movie. Maybe he'll have bright orange ears or
> something this time.

See how stupid half-dragons are now?

- Justisaur

Werebat wrote:
> ONE OF the really stupid things about the D&D movie... Gee, that
> narrows it down... :^)

Oh come on, there were a few good things about. Like, uhh, it ended
eventually!

And, uhhh, err, ok, that's one good thing.

Werebat wrote:

> ONE OF the really stupid things about the D&D movie... Gee, that
> narrows it down... :^)

Ron,

I hate that I keep having to remind you. You *loved* the D&D movie:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.frp.dnd/msg/73de0dec63903215?hl=en&

quuxa23@yahoo.com wrote:

> Werebat wrote:
>
>>ONE OF the really stupid things about the D&D movie... Gee, that
>>narrows it down... :^)
>>

> Ron,
>
> I hate that I keep having to remind you. You *loved* the D&D movie:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.frp.dnd/msg/73de0dec63903215?hl=en&

Oh yeah. I keep forgetting... :^)

- Ron ^*^

"Chris Dudley" <garouwithnoname@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> This is like admitting I paid to see the first one, but wasn't Damodar
> a plain vanilla fighter?

I doubt he was vanilla *anything*, judging from the makeup and outfit.

--
^v^v^Malachias Invictus^v^v^

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishment the scroll,
I am the Master of my fate:
I am the Captain of my soul.

Werebat wrote:
> quuxa23@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > Werebat wrote:
> >
> >>ONE OF the really stupid things about the D&D movie... Gee, that
> >>narrows it down... :^)
> >>

> > Ron,
> >
> > I hate that I keep having to remind you. You *loved* the D&D movie:
> > http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.frp.dnd/msg/73de0dec63903215?hl=en&
>
> Oh yeah. I keep forgetting... :^)
>
> - Ron ^*^

I anxiously anticipate your Lion Witch & the Wardrobe / D&DII review.

Lizard wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:45:34 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
> wrotC:DRIVE_E
>
> >a decorated warrior, and
> >Melora, an amateur sorceress join four heroes representing Intelligence,
> >Wisdom, Honor and Strength
>
> (Looks at character sheet)
> Intelligence? Check.
> Wisdom? Check.
> Strength? Check.
> Honor? HONOR???
>
> I don't see no 'honor' stat here!
>
> Why doesn't the fourth hero represent, I dunno, Dexterity or
> something?
>
> For that matter, why not six heroes, one for each stat, ala D20
> Modern?

I'd prefer one to represent "Comeliness"

Lizard wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 14:45:34 -0400, Werebat <ranpoirier@cox.net>
> wrotC:DRIVE_E
>
> >a decorated warrior, and
> >Melora, an amateur sorceress join four heroes representing Intelligence,
> >Wisdom, Honor and Strength
>
> (Looks at character sheet)
> Intelligence? Check.
> Wisdom? Check.
> Strength? Check.
> Honor? HONOR???
>
> I don't see no 'honor' stat here!
>
> Why doesn't the fourth hero represent, I dunno, Dexterity or
> something?

Because the movie series is D&D in name only. They are actually
playing Ultima (probably Ultima Online by the quality) and don't know
it.

> For that matter, why not six heroes, one for each stat, ala D20
> Modern?

A d20 modern movie? I can't wait, I'm holding my breath.

- Justisaur

Malachias Invictus wrote:
> Chris Dudley wrote:
>
>> This is like admitting I paid to see the first one, but wasn't Damodar
>> a plain vanilla fighter?
>
> I doubt he was vanilla *anything*, judging from the makeup and outfit.

<JonLovitz> Nnnnnnnnjealous? </JonLovitz>

--
Christopher Adams - Sydney, Australia

SERENITY - The Future Is Worth Fighting For

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/prestigeclasslist.html
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/mhacdebhandia/templatelist.html

WDS wrote:

> Werebat wrote:
> > ONE OF the really stupid things about the D&D movie... Gee, that
> > narrows it down... :^)
>
> Oh come on, there were a few good things about. Like, uhh, it ended
> eventually!
>
> And, uhhh, err, ok, that's one good thing.

I actually liked the D&D movie. I thought it was one of the best B-grade
movies I'd seen in a while.

presto

Distinguished
May 30, 2002

No, one of the heroes is large sized, so he gets a -1 penalty. Therefore 5
is correct.

<http://www.bin.sh/>
> \
> // \ X-Windows: Simplicity made complex.
> // \_\ -- Dude from
DPAK