set up base station

every time I try to sep up the mn500 base station I get
an error telling me to turn off my firewall and reset the
base station. I have disabled the firewall though network
conections on the control panel and I disabled the
firewall and virus scan though mcafree system setings. I
have a dell laptop with xp. any ideas?

If you're just using "exit" from McAfee's systray icon, that is likely only
dismissing the icon, and the program is continuing the run hidden from you.
Norton (Symantec) products do the same thing. Either try disabling McAfee
from starting completely by unchecking all the references in msconfig, and
simply uninstall it temporarily until you've got the base station set up.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC