Your question

How to increase the size of drive c for windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2010 4:14:13 PM

Hello,

How to increase the size of disc c for windows 7. The size of 7.7GB only right now. Please guide me
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2010 6:03:21 PM

If you have the free space on the c drive, you can expand the Win7 partition using various partition management software. Partition Wizard is free for home use and one you can use on 86 and x64 OSes.
m
l
June 13, 2010 6:21:44 PM

Hi and Welcome to the forums newcommer!

first we need a few more details..how many partitions do you have on your HDD?

depending on the answer, you can expand the size of your drive. I use EASEUS partition software and its flawless! takes no time at all!
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 13, 2010 10:38:55 PM

He's asking to increase disk size not partition size.
I hate to say it, but it looks suspiciously like an old 8.3 gig drive in which case a new drive is required.
Maybe Willie_01 can enlighten us.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 3:44:00 AM

I have used Acronis True Image Home to clone drives; going from a small to a larger drive is not a problem.
But yes, more information is needed.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
June 14, 2010 6:58:52 AM

Onus said:
I have used Acronis True Image Home to clone drives; going from a small to a larger drive is not a problem.
But yes, more information is needed.

Yes, what would we do without it, I like the fact that I can set it to backup an image when I want and not have to remember to do it.
You can actually use a smaller drive as well as long it's capacity is greater then the original space used.
m
l
June 14, 2010 5:56:23 PM

If you have a second partition on your primary HDD,
first move the starting point of that second partition
using PartitionWizard, and remember the amount
by which you "shrunk" that second partition:

http://www.partitionwizard.com/

When that task is done, then run this same software
to increase C: by the same amount that you decreased
your second partition.

We just did this on an older PGA-478 socket PC,
and it worked perfectly the first time.

MRFS
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 15, 2010 7:07:50 AM

Can you check in disk management to see the total size of your drive and how many partitions you currently have? From there, you can also increase the size of your C drive if you have multiple partitions as opposed to a smaller hard drive.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team
m
l
September 11, 2011 5:17:53 AM

JessicaD said:
Can you check in disk management to see the total size of your drive and how many partitions you currently have? From there, you can also increase the size of your C drive if you have multiple partitions as opposed to a smaller hard drive.

Jessica
Microsoft Windows Client Team

Hi Jessica,
Sorry for bothering you but I'm a "poor mortal" when it comes to computers, but I saw that you aparently works for microsoft, so I figured you may help me. My C drive is almost full (99 %) and I managed to separate 150 GB from my D drive. Now the 150 GB shows up as " unallocated" and I thought I would be able to just " increase" the C drive with this space, (using "disc managment" in windows), but the option of " extend volume" does not show up when I click on the Cdrive. Any " easy" suggestion about how I can get the unused space to be part of my C-drive?
Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
aronsson.lars(at)gmail.com
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 11, 2011 12:55:26 PM

That would be an EXCELLENT question to start your own thread.
m
l
September 11, 2011 2:35:24 PM

Edit; woops there hijacker! please start your own thread mister larson
m
l
May 29, 2012 2:22:13 PM

Quote:
Hello,

How to increase the size of disc c for windows 7. The size of 7.7GB only right now. Please guide me

m
l
!