Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

Hi,

Does anyone know why the Oracle Card Reference still hasn't been
updated for ChK?
--

David

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:44:32 +0200, David de Kloet <dskloet@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>Does anyone know why the Oracle Card Reference still hasn't been
>updated for ChK?

Yes, and it has to do with the new Gatherer. You may get the Champions Oracle,
at present, from the Gatherer device, gatherer.wizards.com . (Feedback about
Gatherer versus the present Oracle page is welcome; Gatherer has some very
good points.)

Dave

David DeLaney wrote:
> Yes, and it has to do with the new Gatherer. You may get the
> Champions Oracle, at present, from the Gatherer device,
> gatherer.wizards.com . (Feedback about Gatherer versus the present
> Oracle page is welcome; Gatherer has some very good points.)

Gatherer rocks. Gatherer is the site I always wish I could make, if I
had the time and skill. It's a reference I'll go back to again and
again.

I would like to see more promo cards added (ex: 1996 World Champion,
etc.) and (get ready) full coverage of non-English card sets.

--
Bob

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, David DeLaney wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 08:44:32 +0200, David de Kloet <dskloet@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>> Does anyone know why the Oracle Card Reference still hasn't been
>> updated for ChK?
>
> Yes, and it has to do with the new Gatherer. You may get the Champions Oracle,
> at present, from the Gatherer device, gatherer.wizards.com . (Feedback about
> Gatherer versus the present Oracle page is welcome; Gatherer has some very
> good points.)

I read that somewhere but couldn't find it anymore. But iirc they said
they would still be updating oracle but just not all different files.

I have looked at the oracle view of gatherer but it isn't the real
oracle view. There is at least a difference in the way mana symbols
are represented: without {}.

--

David

peter

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

I've found a few cards on Gatherer whose images don't come up. Does
anyone (David?) know who should I refer these to?

One (semi-)glaring example is the entire Starter 2000 set. The images
come up if the card is also in the 1999 set, but anything specific to
2000 only shows up as a broken image.

Peter

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

From the Collected Witterings of Peter, volume 23:
> I've found a few cards on Gatherer whose images don't come up. Does
> anyone (David?) know who should I refer these to?
>
> One (semi-)glaring example is the entire Starter 2000 set. The images
> come up if the card is also in the 1999 set, but anything specific to
> 2000 only shows up as a broken image.

I don't believe there's anything in Starter that isn't also in another set.

--
Could we, just for once, die without all this bickering?

David Chapman <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote:
>From the Collected Witterings of Peter, volume 23:
>> I've found a few cards on Gatherer whose images don't come up. Does
>> anyone (David?) know who should I refer these to?

At worst, custserv@wizards.com would be happy to hear about them. Let me
check ... There's a "send feedback" link on the page, which pops open a
small page to send email to the "Gatherer Team", which may be more direct.

>> One (semi-)glaring example is the entire Starter 2000 set. The images
>> come up if the card is also in the 1999 set, but anything specific to
>> 2000 only shows up as a broken image.
>
>I don't believe there's anything in Starter that isn't also in another set.

The point being however does it have the same PICTURE in the other set?

Dave

peter

"David Chapman" <jedit_ojanen8@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2so775F1m9j0iU3@uni-berlin.de>...
> From the Collected Witterings of Peter, volume 23:
> > I've found a few cards on Gatherer whose images don't come up. Does
> > anyone (David?) know who should I refer these to?
> >
> > One (semi-)glaring example is the entire Starter 2000 set. The images
> > come up if the card is also in the 1999 set, but anything specific to
> > 2000 only shows up as a broken image.
>
> I don't believe there's anything in Starter that isn't also in another set.

Yeah, but the pictures might be different, and the scans themselves
include the actual background, the copyright line, the expansion
symbol etc, so even if the pictures are the same, the card scan is
different.

It's a trivial thing, really, but I was looking at different card-art
and saw that none of these came up.

Peter