Two Monitor plus tv output support?

mrbobvilla

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I have a Ti 4200. Right now a 17 inch monitor, 14 inch monitor, and tv are connected to it. Unfortunitally, it does not seem to support outputting both to the second monitor and to the tv at the same time. I tried using DualView but I couldnt manage to set it up.
Ideally, I would like to have two instances of windows, mcuh the way DualView would do it. I would like to see each one on a different monitor but I could not even manage to set that up correctly. I would like to clone whats on my primary monitor onto my tv as well, but right now id appreciate any help at all for either getting all three displays to work together nicely or how to have two separate virtual windows displays.
Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

elzt

Distinguished
May 10, 2002
I'm not sure how your Ti4200 works in multi-display mode, but isn't DualView an old product by Nvidia and has been replaced with nView? Maybe updating your multi-display software to nView would help.

mrbobvilla

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I ment the dual view function in Nview.
But I found it it just isnt supported for me to output to a secondary monitor and a secondary tv at the same time. I think thats pretty cheap but then again I didnt exactly spend the big bucks when buying my video card ^_^;
Thanks for your help.

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
my 9500 pro will let me use the tv as the second display or mirror either first or second monitor.

<font color=red> black </font color=red> <font color=green> white </font color=green> <font color=blue> yellow </font color=blue> <font color=orange> purple </font color=orange> <font color=black> red </font color=black> <font color=yellow> green </font color=yellow> <font color=purple> blue </font color=purple>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
All these modern cards are comming with two RAMDAC's. That allows two analog output devices. Two monitors, or a monitor and a TV. Now, you could theoretically run your TV from the same signal as the second monitor, but I believe the card won't let you (it probably turns one connection off).

<font color=blue>Watts mean squat if you don't have quality!</font color=blue>