Installing 3-rd hard drive in the bay under the floppy dri..

Anyone tried it and had any problems in the long term ? All 3 drives
are Seagate SATA 160 GB with NCQ. I just installed it successfully, but
am a little bit concerned with heat dissipation.

Maybe I should remove floppy drive to let this hard drive "breathe"
easier ? I realize that floppy drive doesn't generate any heat by
itself considering it's always off, this is just to increase an
airflow. If I do remove it - should I leave the plastic cover with a
slot for floppy or replace it with the cover without the opening ?

I know I can get USB floppy in case if I ever need one. Anyone knows if
USB floppy is equivalent to the "regular" floppy for boot/OS setup
purposes in this particular computer ?
1 answer Last reply
More about installing hard drive floppy

    On 25 Dec 2004 12:37:16 -0800, John_Doe@inbox.ru wrote:

    >Anyone tried it and had any problems in the long term ? All 3 drives
    >are Seagate SATA 160 GB with NCQ. I just installed it successfully, but
    >am a little bit concerned with heat dissipation.
    >
    >Maybe I should remove floppy drive to let this hard drive "breathe"
    >easier ? I realize that floppy drive doesn't generate any heat by
    >itself considering it's always off, this is just to increase an
    >airflow. If I do remove it - should I leave the plastic cover with a
    >slot for floppy or replace it with the cover without the opening ?

    Hard Drives were mounted next to floppy drives for years. There
    shouldn't be any problem. How often do you use a floppy these days
    anyway? Now, maybe if it was right under a DVD burner, I'd be
    concerned.
    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

Dell Floppy Disk Hard Drives Computers