jay

I have two computers in my house, one connected using the
MN-500 base station and the other using the wireless
adapter. When connected, the speeds for both computers are
extremely slow and after a while, the one with the base
station won't connect to the internet. I have to either
reboot or reset the station and it takes a while to fix.

What could be the problem?

The MN-500 base station will only do 802.11b, not 802.11g so if you're
running a G device, if it does b/g, it is only achieving B, or a much slower
rate for wireless. I would suspect if you're having problems with a system
connected via Ethernet cable to the base station that something (virus,
spyware, malware perhaps) is amiss on the computer itself.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC