Green Light for Microsoft Campus Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Trust me, Microsofties blur that line all the time. The group I used to work with had beer parties once a month in the lobby (during work hours). Many other buildings have arcades where people can relax. Heck, you'd be hard-pressed to find an employee who wasn't a beta-tester for the latest Microsoft or X-Box game.

To be honest, I don't know how they got work done. It was probably the 10% of employees who weren't busy drinking or playing.

cruiseoveride

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2006
@JeBuSBrian Don't expect literary content on sites like Tomshardware to be any better than a 4yrs old's vacation story.

Pretty lame move. "Ok you can have a bar, but you need to have a "meeting" booked to use it"

rabbitc

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
lol@ cruiseoveride - too true. Sounds like life at P&G many moons ago. Wonder how long it will be until 'strongly suggested' attendance is stated for out-of-hours pub events just to justify the investment...

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
The Pub idea on the M$ campos could be a great idea… make it a social lunch gathering place, liquer only after 3pm.

One of the Colleges I attended had a pub. Befor 2pm no liquer was served but you could still eat, play pool or foosball and watch various sporting events. Often 2pm couldn’t come fast enough!

So, what happened to the "go-go" 90's when all the dot-com startups offered free gourmet food, booze, cocaine, games, etc. to the employees?? Somehow a mere pub doesn't seem like much outside the "corporate" image..

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]jhansonxi[/nom]Trying to capitalize on the Ballmer Peak?[/citation]
gah I came to this article to do that... sadly already beat

It woiuld be funny if windows 8 ends up being amazingly awesome due to alcohol consumption

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]It's what Europeans call a bar.[/citation]
Or a Tavern, depending wherebouts your from
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]The Pub idea on the M$ campos could be a great idea… make it a social lunch gathering place, liquer only after 3pm.One of the Colleges I attended had a pub. Befor 2pm no liquer was served but you could still eat, play pool or foosball and watch various sporting events. Often 2pm couldn’t come fast enough![/citation]
lol, my University I go to in Australia has a Tavern that opens at 11 am, serving alcohol... sometimes there are even people waiting outside

And one of the advantages of joining the student representative body it discounted drinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.