MN-500 / Broadband cable (Bigpond)

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi there,

I recently switched from an ADSL to cable connection and I
cannot get the MN-500 to connect to the internet and get an
IP address. It was working without problems previously...

Can I ask, is PPPoE only used for DSL connections and if
so, how do I configure the connection when using a cable
modem? The MS site does say the MN-500 will work as a
router with cable or DSL.

Thanks for your help,
- Sean.

You should probably reset your base station (hold a pen tip or unfolded
paperclip in the Reset hole more than five seconds to achieve the
alternating orange and green lights) and then set up the MN-500 according to
your ISP instructions. Only they would know what settings you need.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC