MN-500 / Broadband cable (Bigpond)

Hi there,

I recently switched from an ADSL to cable connection and I
cannot get the MN-500 to connect to the internet and get an
IP address. It was working without problems previously...

Can I ask, is PPPoE only used for DSL connections and if
so, how do I configure the connection when using a cable
modem? The MS site does say the MN-500 will work as a
router with cable or DSL.

Thanks for your help,
- Sean.
1 answer Last reply
More about broadband cable bigpond

    You should probably reset your base station (hold a pen tip or unfolded
    paperclip in the Reset hole more than five seconds to achieve the
    alternating orange and green lights) and then set up the MN-500 according to
    your ISP instructions. Only they would know what settings you need.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "Sean" <sean.is.away@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi there,
    >
    > I recently switched from an ADSL to cable connection and I
    > cannot get the MN-500 to connect to the internet and get an
    > IP address. It was working without problems previously...
    >
    > Can I ask, is PPPoE only used for DSL connections and if
    > so, how do I configure the connection when using a cable
    > modem? The MS site does say the MN-500 will work as a
    > router with cable or DSL.
    >
    > Thanks for your help,
    > - Sean.

Routers Connection Cable Networking