White Shadow Deck

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

My deck:
total (40)cards
3 Mother of Runes
2 Peach Garden Oath
4 Soltari Foot Soldier
4 Soltari Trooper
1 Soltari Priest (looking for 2 more)
1 Soltari Monk (looking for 2 more)
4 Pacifism
4 Congregate
4 Kitar's Desire
1 Remote Farm (looking for 2 more)
12 Plains

wins 90% of the time, attributed to horrible hands or anti-white
opponents

Thoughts?

<skysoul@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My deck:
> total (40)cards
> 3 Mother of Runes
> 2 Peach Garden Oath
> 4 Soltari Foot Soldier
> 4 Soltari Trooper
> 1 Soltari Priest (looking for 2 more)
> 1 Soltari Monk (looking for 2 more)
> 4 Pacifism
> 4 Congregate
> 4 Kitar's Desire
> 1 Remote Farm (looking for 2 more)
> 12 Plains
>
> wins 90% of the time, attributed to horrible hands or anti-white
> opponents
>
> Thoughts?

Hmmm..

1. This kind of post belongs over in rec.games.trading-cards.magic.strategy
, not here in .misc :)

2. It's a 40-card deck; most people build with 60, as 40 is only usually
"legal" for Limited (sealed deck, draft, etc). When you post the deck there,
make sure to say whether it's for casual or tournament and what format.

3. Most decks these days, even casual, run a land count somewhere around
40%, so you'll need to pull out three cards somewhere for mana.

Hope this helps!

Erich

Archived from groups: rec.games.trading-cards.magic.misc (More info?)

The highest land cost for anything is 4 (congregate) and everything
else costs 2 or less total mana, so the lands are fine at around 1/3 of
the deck. I don't think anything is illegal, so I'd say it's a
tournament deck, besides, I win within 7 turns so I'm really not much
fun to play casually.

"Zetan" <skysoul@gmail.com> wrote in message
> The highest land cost for anything is 4 (congregate) and everything
> else costs 2 or less total mana, so the lands are fine at around 1/3 of
> the deck. I don't think anything is illegal, so I'd say it's a
> tournament deck, besides, I win within 7 turns so I'm really not much
> fun to play casually.

Tournament rules insist on 60 cards. We'll continue this over on .strategy
:)

Erich