MN-700 and Westell 2100 DSL Modem

If I turn my Westell modem and MN 700 on together my MN700 does not connect
to the DSL modem. I have to turn off the MN700 or disconnect then reconnect
the ethernet cable to get them to sync. I know the problem is related to the
DSL modem not ready when the 700 is. The modem light is flashing when the
700 is ready. I would think it should connect on a retry from the 700 after
the DSL is ready but it doesn't.

I did not have this problem with my Linksys. Any idea why and what can be
changed to make the 2 work better together?

I believe the Westell is a modem/router, depending on the model, so to use
the MN-700 you may need to put it in access mode as described in the User's
Guide. I would first check to see which version of the Westell you've got,
and what it is doing.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC