MN-700 and Westell 2100 DSL Modem

If I turn my Westell modem and MN 700 on together my MN700 does not connect
to the DSL modem. I have to turn off the MN700 or disconnect then reconnect
the ethernet cable to get them to sync. I know the problem is related to the
DSL modem not ready when the 700 is. The modem light is flashing when the
700 is ready. I would think it should connect on a retry from the 700 after
the DSL is ready but it doesn't.

I did not have this problem with my Linksys. Any idea why and what can be
changed to make the 2 work better together?
1 answer Last reply
More about westell 2100 modem

    I believe the Westell is a modem/router, depending on the model, so to use
    the MN-700 you may need to put it in access mode as described in the User's
    Guide. I would first check to see which version of the Westell you've got,
    and what it is doing.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    "windows user" <invailduser@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > If I turn my Westell modem and MN 700 on together my MN700 does not
    > connect to the DSL modem. I have to turn off the MN700 or disconnect then
    > reconnect the ethernet cable to get them to sync. I know the problem is
    > related to the DSL modem not ready when the 700 is. The modem light is
    > flashing when the 700 is ready. I would think it should connect on a retry
    > from the 700 after the DSL is ready but it doesn't.
    >
    > I did not have this problem with my Linksys. Any idea why and what can be
    > changed to make the 2 work better together?

Routers DSL Modem Connection Networking